My Time Dining

I am a first time cruiser. Will someone please explain my time dining to me? Thanks! :)

You can have a standing reservation every night, a different reservation each night, show up whenever you want without a reservation, or any combination of those. You must prepay gratuities when you choose MTD.

Edited by clarea

I am a first time cruiser. Will someone please explain my time dining to me? Thanks! :)

Bob gave you all the right answers. We are on Navigator the end of this month. Take lots of pictures for us to see and save the Cruise Compasses for the ones who want to see them please. When you get back, let us know how things went. Enjoy your' cruise !

It's most like dining in a restaurant, where you show up and are seated with your own party. With traditional seating, you have an assigned time to come to the dining room. What I enjoy about traditional is having tablemates...I enjoy eating with others....makes dinner more social...not just about the food!

It's most like dining in a restaurant, where you show up and are seated with your own party. With traditional seating, you have an assigned time to come to the dining room. What I enjoy about traditional is having tablemates...I enjoy eating with others....makes dinner more social...not just about the food!

... you can sit with others at MTD if you wish to...you don't HAVE to sit with just your party.

Since many of us are well aware of how much cb at sea LOOOOVES tablemates and large tables, I seriously wonder if she has ever done MTD...from her clueless statements , I doubt it!:rolleyes:

If I went ahead and made reservations, based on the itinerary and when we *think* we might want to eat, and then get on the ship that evening and realize we are hungry sooner or later - is it easy to change? Or just show up at a different time and screw the reservation? Or would I be better off just not making them? If we don't make them and just show up, how long is the wait usually?

Thanks,

JoAnne

If I went ahead and made reservations, based on the itinerary and when we *think* we might want to eat, and then get on the ship that evening and realize we are hungry sooner or later - is it easy to change? Or just show up at a different time and screw the reservation? Or would I be better off just not making them? If we don't make them and just show up, how long is the wait usually?

Thanks,

JoAnne

If you have a standing reservation and want to eat earlier, just show up when you want. If you want to eat later, phone the dining room to let them know. That way they won't hold your table needlessly. How long you might have to wait can depend on your party size, and how many other people show up at the same time. As a party of 2 we never had to wait. But I have seem larger parties of 6 or more who have had a wait.