What's the deal with new menus?

frayedend

I love that there is a Port menu! I cruise to explore new places! It's awesome having menu choices that reflect a city or country! Foodie tours are really hot now. Being able to order apps to share makes dinner in MDR more like the specialty rest.

It would / should only be on four ships at this point.

Glory

Liberty

Imagination

Inspiration

I am not reading good feedback on the Glory or Liberty, except that they did not remove the tablecloths on the Liberty. This might be a good sign..

I've looked at the new menus on the Glory and they do not look appealing to me but I will be on the Liberty in April so I'll find out then.

Gary

I'm sorry I don't remember seeing them on the menu. wmc was every night.

We were on the Glory last week. The tables were pretty without the table cloths. Tablecloths were present for elegant nights.

We tried for the table calamari, flat bread & greek salad. The ideas seems good, but we did not enjoy the calamari and we prefer salad with oil & vinegar. The flat bread was ok, dry with mushrooms & greens.

I sailed on the Liberty last month and I would say that I enjoyed the new menus overall. On Elegant night though the menu seemed really limited. It does say that items "from the grill" are available but I didn't feel like asking what they were. The shared apps were very good. I enjoyed the flatbread and the calamari was only the rings which I prefer to the tentacles and it was served with 2 dips. I intend on doing a photo review of the new menus soon.

anybody know what offerings are offered 'from the grill'?

Cold soup.....is that like juice?

No, more like a smoothie. I liked the strawberry soup. I made the mistake of giving my DD (who was 1 1/2 at that time) a taste. She ate the whole thing. That was the only one that I cared for though.

I am hoping the Bar B Que Ribs made the cut on the new menu. Can anyone confirm?

My husband had some kind of ribs two nights (both were different). Cant remember if they were Bar B Q Ribs specifically. They were good though.

I sailed on the Liberty last month and I would say that I enjoyed the new menus overall. On Elegant night though the menu seemed really limited. It does say that items "from the grill" are available but I didn't feel like asking what they were. The shared apps were very good. I enjoyed the flatbread and the calamari was only the rings which I prefer to the tentacles and it was served with 2 dips. I intend on doing a photo review of the new menus soon.

Yay...would love to see pictures before our cruise in 24 days! If you can, please label the food items. TIA

I enjoy the warm melting cake but every night seems overkill. Would like to see it rotated with other Carnival favorites ie creme brûlée and bitter & blanc.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree but out of everything, the one thing I didn't have any complaints about was the dessert. They do have a lot of good choices.

My husband had some kind of ribs two nights (both were different). Cant remember if they were Bar B Q Ribs specifically. They were good though.

One night it was BBQ ribs (w/ bone) and the other it was a cut of rib meat (no bones) and a cut of steak. They were stacked on each other and very tender. Tasty as well.

I am hoping the Bar B Que Ribs made the cut on the new menu. Can anyone confirm?

There were no BBQ ribs on the menu on our cruise, but we were on a 4 night, so maybe on a different menu on a longer cruise. We did have teriyaki pork ribs one night. I didn't really like them. The glaze was real sweet, not really like teriyaki sauce and the ribs just had a lot of fat, not much actual meat. I ordered French fries as a side, but I could have had garlic mashed potatoes or a baked potato.

2ilt3k.jpg

I've looked at the new menus on the Glory and they do not look appealing to me but I will be on the Liberty in April so I'll find out then.

Gary

Basically they are the same except for the port of call section.

Just had the new menus on the Imagination. WCMC is on the menu every night. No table clothes,no big deal. Also no full service of silverware. I enjoyed the new menus and did not feel it was a step down. Only difference was fewer dessert offerings. Much ado about nothing.

they had it last week on the Imagination....all I can say is there really is not that much of a change to report...

We sail on her in less than three weeks. Did either of you do the Chef's Table? I am considering it for the first time ever as my daughter is traveling with my and not my husband. Do you know what night this is held on? I am hoping it is not formal night... our cruise is a 4 night one

There were no BBQ ribs on the menu on our cruise, but we were on a 4 night, so maybe on a different menu on a longer cruise. We did have teriyaki pork ribs one night. I didn't really like them. The glaze was real sweet, not really like teriyaki sauce and the ribs just had a lot of fat, not much actual meat. I ordered French fries as a side, but I could have had garlic mashed potatoes or a baked potato.

2ilt3k.jpg

There were BBQ ribs on the 7 night menus. Not on elegant night anymore which was nice to see.

We're considering cruising on the Legend in May. After seeing the new menu, I'm disappointed that we'll have the old one.

I'm confused about the appetizers. Does each individual order an app & then order 1 "for the table" app?

We're considering cruising on the Legend in May. After seeing the new menu, I'm disappointed that we'll have the old one.

I'm confused about the appetizers. Does each individual order an app & then order 1 "for the table" app?

You don't have to order a for the table app. You can order a "for the table" app, eat it yourself or share it. Or you can order an individual app. Or you can order one of both.

You don't have to order a for the table app. You can order a "for the table" app, eat it yourself or share it. Or you can order an individual app. Or you can order one of both.

Ohhh, that sounds wonderful! I wish the Legend would change the menu :(

Thanks for responding!

Those ribs look good, thanks for the picture. I can only hope for my Breeze cruise in August that there would be a chance to try the new menu. My last cruise on the Glory to Canada, the food was just not that great. It almost made me reconsider going on another cruise (and I actually am still weighing other options due to the food quality last time). Although, I will miss the strawberry soup!