1. Where is the self-serve laundry on the Freedom of the Seas and how much is it...how do you pay?

2. How much is a bag of laundry, valet, and how quickly is it returned? What is the process, step by step?

No guest self-serve laundry on any Royal ship.

Here's a recent price list for the laundry service:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39709978&postcount=3813

They also have a $30 wash and fold special once a week. This can be used with things like shorts, underwear, socks, t-shirts.

Edited by clarea

No guest self-serve laundry on any Royal ship.

Here's a recent price list for the laundry service:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39709978&postcount=3813

They also have a $30 wash and fold special once a week. This can be used with things like shorts, underwear, socks, t-shirts.

They use very hot water to wash clothes, so be wary of sending your blacks and bright colors.

They use very hot water to wash clothes, so be wary of sending your blacks and bright colors.

Is that true? They don't separate whites/colors/darks?

They just put all your clothes together? That's good

to know.......and is that true? That is so stupid!

I'm guessing, and I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong, that by separating into several washes increases the likelihood for clothes to be misplaced. It's bad enough at home when a sock goes missing but for the amount of clothes I would give them I would not expect them to separate DDs illumine us socks from DHs grey ones.

Just send them out on separate days. ;)

I'm guessing, and I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong, that by separating into several washes increases the likelihood for clothes to be misplaced. It's bad enough at home when a sock goes missing but for the amount of clothes I would give them I would not expect them to separate DDs illumine us socks from DHs grey ones.

Hello Robin, I wasn't talking about separating the colors, I was referring to the way dark colors fade out in hot water. I have no idea whether they sort, or not. But they do use very hot water, for sanitary reasons. If they weren't separating the colors, it would be the whites that we should be worried about.

Edited by Gayle V

Each item of clothing is identified by cabin number with either a tag that is ironed onto the inside of the neckband or marked in pen on the inside label.

I have always asked that certain items be washed in cold water in the "Special Instructions" section and have never been disappointed when items have been returned.

Edited by cruisenfever

I don't think your local fluff and fold separates your colors, whites etc. and for maybe 500 people in a day. Stupid should be removed from the English language!

Each item of clothing is identified by cabin number with either a tag that is ironed onto the inside of the neckband or marked in pen on the inside label.

I have always asked that certain items be washed in cold water in the "Special Instructions" section and have never been disappointed when items have been returned.

Thanks, seems somewhat time consuming:eek:

1. Where is the self-serve laundry on the Freedom of the Seas and how much is it...how do you pay?

2. How much is a bag of laundry, valet, and how quickly is it returned? What is the process, step by step?

1. There isn't one.

2. Clarea has provided you a link with prices. Turn around time is about 2 days unless you request rush service......

Thanks, seems somewhat time consuming:eek:

Just to clarify my post above. When you send out items to be washed and pressed, you are paying for each individual item sent so they do take the time to identify each item of clothing.

Just to clarify my post above. When you send out items to be washed and pressed, you are paying for each individual item sent so they do take the time to identify each item of clothing.

I think where I was getting confused is I know they do the cost per item, but from recollection they also do the d+ and above wash and go bag (can't remember the name exactly) and I thought it was all you could fit in the bag. I don't normally use unless on a longer cruise. I am sure you can help me with what I'm thinks of:)

I think where I was getting confused is I know they do the cost per item, but from recollection they also do the d+ and above wash and go bag (can't remember the name exactly) and I thought it was all you could fit in the bag. I don't normally use unless on a longer cruise. I am sure you can help me with what I'm thinks of:)

For the Wash N Fold Special you can only send pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts and underwear. You would send items that only need to be folded and not ironed. Our experience has been that "neatly" folded has a different meaning on each ship. :p I usually smooth and refold when we get them back.

The Wash N Fold bag is $30 now, but D+ and PC Members do get a coupon for a free bag during the cruise. For couples that would be 2 coupons per cruise.