Quality Inn & Suites, Hollywood, FL

mcarney

Has anyone stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites, Hollywood, FL and used the shuttle to/from the port as well as left their car there during the cruise?

How was the hotel, rooms, customer service, shuttle service (wait time to and from the port) and parking facilities?

Will be driving down May 31 for a cruise June 1 - 9 ....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Thank you,

Marianne

Hopefully Sharon will chime in here but Hollywood is so hit and miss lately that I'd be leery leaving my car there. They are having crime problems.

I don't know if this is a cost issue but keep in mind, in South Florida you pay for what you get and skimping on a motel is never a good idea. This is a MAJOR metropolitan area of about six million people.

January through Easter hotels are very expensive because everyone wants to come here and they are selling out.

The GM of the Riverside Hotel told me the other night that they sell out almost every single night of the year.

Thank you for your response .... We are cruising on June 1 ... Driving down and would like to find a park and cruise hotel that isn't super expensive, but of course in a safe and secure area ....

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your response .... We are cruising on June 1 ... Driving down and would like to find a park and cruise hotel that isn't super expensive, but of course in a safe and secure area ....

Any suggestions?

I think there are a couple in Dania Beach. I only know Fort Lauderdale hotels so I'll let others chime in here.

Check the Comfort Suites on Federal Highway and almost at 17th Street. If they have a package, jump all over it.

Few weeks ago I read someone's comments about Quality Inn ..... I do not know if that one is in the same location as the one that you are asking about.

Here is the link to that thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1985524

A little more than a year ago we stayed in Sleep Inn in Dania ..... nothing fancy but was priced what I wanted to pay and it provided good overnight stay. Publix was very close as well as other stores and places to get some food,

Few weeks ago I read someone's comments about Quality Inn ..... I do not know if that one is in the same location as the one that you are asking about.

Here is the link to that thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1985524

A little more than a year ago we stayed in Sleep Inn in Dania ..... nothing fancy but was priced what I wanted to pay and it provided good overnight stay. Publix was very close as well as other stores and places to get some food,

Thank you for the link and no, this isn't the same quality inn ... OMG, that sounded like such a horrible experience. I will look into the sleep inn ... Thank again!

We stayed last month at the Rodeway Inn & Suites on West State Road 84 in FLL. It was advertised as a cruise port hotel that allowed you to leave your car and gave you transportation to/from the airport. First it was an old motel and not all that well kept up. After arrival I found out they charged $10/day to leave your car although I was led to believe it was included in the hotel rate. The manager ran the place like his own personal stalig barking out orders over the PA system that could be heard all around the motel.

I stayed in prior years at the La Quinta Airport and it was one of the nicest La Quinta properties I have ever stayed at. They let me leave my car for no extra charge and gave us free transport to the ship. We did have to pay for the return which was $25. I would have stayed here again last month but waited too long to get a reservation.

We ended up using Park'n'Ride which was between the airport and the cruise port. They took us to the ship and brought us back as part of the parking fee. They had 24 hour secruity.

We stayed last month at the Rodeway Inn & Suites on West State Road 84 in FLL. It was advertised as a cruise port hotel that allowed you to leave your car and gave you transportation to/from the airport. First it was an old motel and not all that well kept up. After arrival I found out they charged $10/day to leave your car although I was led to believe it was included in the hotel rate. The manager ran the place like his own personal stalig barking out orders over the PA system that could be heard all around the motel.

I stayed in prior years at the La Quinta Airport and it was one of the nicest La Quinta properties I have ever stayed at. They let me leave my car for no extra charge and gave us free transport to the ship. We did have to pay for the return which was $25. I would have stayed here again last month but waited too long to get a reservation.

We ended up using Park'n'Ride which was between the airport and the cruise port. They took us to the ship and brought us back as part of the parking fee. They had 24 hour secruity.

When you reserved the room previously, did you ask for a cruise package or just ask them when you got there if you could leave your car for free?

Is their long term parking in a secured place or just their regular lot?

Was the park'n'ride ok? And is that in a fenced lot ... Valet or self park? How much was it to park there?

Thank you so much!

When you reserved the room previously, did you ask for a cruise package or just ask them when you got there if you could leave your car for free?

Is their long term parking in a secured place or just their regular lot?

Was the park'n'ride ok? And is that in a fenced lot ... Valet or self park? How much was it to park there?

Thank you so much!

We asked before we booked the hotel and were told they had onsite car storage space with no mention of more $$. Long term parking is in their normal lot and available to anyone who walks on to the property. No security other than the normal hotel security or fencing. I later found out that pickup at the cruise terminal can take up to an hour!

Park'n'ride was excellent. The lot is fenced with security. It is self park and cost $92.54 which includes sales tax and a booking fee. They picked us up at our car as soon as we parked. We left the terminal, went to the pick up point, waited about 10 minutes and were picked up. The van did pick up other pax from another ship before taking us to the parking lot delivering us at our car.

Thank you everyone for the responses .... The more and more that I read, I'm thinking of just finding a cheaper hotel and parking at the port. Just need a hotel for sleeping, showering and breakfast ... We'll have a car obviously, so we can drive to dinner and get necessities if needed.