Izumi and Choice Dining Package- A la carte versus Unlimited?

We have purchased the Choice Dining Package, and I have a question about one of the four restaurants in the package...Izumi menu has a la carte pricing on the menus I have seen....How does this work if I have purchased dining there as part of this package? Is there a limit on the amount/total food I can order? Or is it unlimited?

Anyone have experience with the Choice Dining Package and Izumi?

Thanks

David:D

We have purchased the Choice Dining Package, and I have a question about one of the four restaurants in the package...Izumi menu has a la carte pricing on the menus I have seen....How does this work if I have purchased dining there as part of this package? Is there a limit on the amount/total food I can order? Or is it unlimited?

Thanks

When we did the package that included Izumi the $$$ amount designated for that Restaurant was $20pp. $5 was subtracted for the cover charge which left us $15pp to use on anything off the menu, since it is ala carte. The prices at Izumi are quite reasonable so $30 total was a lot to spend.

It has been posted that the cover charge at Izumi's has been eliminated.

Thanks

When we did it as part of a package, we were credited $10 per person towards the costs of the a la carte meal prices. I was the only one that ended up eating & they credited back the unused amount (a few dollars) back to my sea pass account. This was aboard Radiance this past summer.

When we did it as part of a package, we were credited $10 per person towards the costs of the a la carte meal prices. I was the only one that ended up eating & they credited back the unused amount (a few dollars) back to my sea pass account. This was aboard Radiance this past summer.

$10 per person doesn't seem to justify the package price....?

Direct from RCI Website:

Q: How does the package work with Izumi since it is priced a la carte? s.gif A: Package guests will receive $20 per person credit towards their meal in Izumi which will be reflected as a discount on their check. Charges over $20 will be presented for payment by the guest at the end of the meal; charges $20 per person or less will require no additional payment. Guests will not be refunded for the unused portion of their $20 per person credit.

Direct from RCI Website:

Q: How does the package work with Izumi since it is priced a la carte? s.gif A: Package guests will receive $20 per person credit towards their meal in Izumi which will be reflected as a discount on their check. Charges over $20 will be presented for payment by the guest at the end of the meal; charges $20 per person or less will require no additional payment. Guests will not be refunded for the unused portion of their $20 per person credit.

This would indicate that they are eliminated the $5 service charge.

This would indicate that they are eliminated the $5 service charge.

I can see how if you never were aware of a cover charge the statement would lead you to believe there is not one.

There was a report, if I remember correctly, on Navigator after dry dock that Izumi had no cover charge. I called RCI about this and was told that the Food Manager on board can waive the fee at their discretion. Maybe since Izumi is brand new on that ship they were trying to drum up business?

So, in short, there is no conclusive answer as to whether the cover fee has been removed or not fleetwide. I suspect the fee is only removed if the restaurant is selling particularly poorly for a sailing.

Direct from RCI Website:

Perfect..Thank you!

There was a report, if I remember correctly, on Navigator after dry dock that Izumi had no cover charge. I called RCI about this and was told that the Food Manager on board can waive the fee at their discretion. Maybe since Izumi is brand new on that ship they were trying to drum up business?

Izumi on Navigator has no cover charge, but the food prices are almost twice as high.

Edited by ahecht