Restricting General Access To Sky Lounge

ABoatNerd

All cruise lines qladly book large groups and then provide or charge for use of certain lounges for them. Why wouldn't they? Has nothing to do with Celebrity in particular, it happens on most every cruise line or sailing I've ever been on. Sky lounge is a great space I'll agree, but it's probably open at some point throughout the day. If you only want to sit in just that one lounge I suppose that could pose a problem for you, but there are other great places onboard as well

Is it acceptable to close a lounge for Captains Club elite functions?

Is it acceptable to close Michaels and use as a VIP lounge during the day?

Is it OK to limit BLU to Aqua only, it's a space on the ship after all and I paid to use the ship, so I must be able to go there - why can't I go there?

Is it acceptable to have Michael's available only to suite guests during the embarkation process?

Why isn't martini bar open 24 hours, it should never be closed since I want to visit it and I paid to come on the ship.

I always find your view to be spot on. But we DO need to figure out that giant gap in your signature! Have you tried to re-edit it or start over? It used to not be there:confused:

Is it acceptable to close a lounge for Captains Club elite functions?

Is it acceptable to close Michaels and use as a VIP lounge during the day?

Is it OK to limit BLU to Aqua only, it's a space on the ship after all and I paid to use the ship, so I must be able to go there - why can't I go there?

Is it acceptable to have Michael's available only to suite guests during the embarkation process?

Why isn't martini bar open 24 hours, it should never be closed since I want to visit it and I paid to come on the ship.

Yup.. and for those who do wonder why to all these things...we pay quite a bit more to cruise in Aq and have access to BLu.. they can too!

suite guests will also have their own spaces in veryb ner future..

I agree that on M class ships, it is going to be tight b/c they have limited areas to begin with....once you take away Michaels anbd the Sky lounge not much else available

Suppose you stay at a nice hotel or resort? The "magnolia room" or something similar is reserved for a group, and you, NOT being part of said group are excluded from attending.

It's for a limited time, the duration of the meeting or conference or whatever.

It happens all the time.

I agree it is somewhat bothersome to feel excluded, why CAN'T I go in the sky lounge now?

But as someone else mentioned, they have to have functions SOMEWHERE, as long as its not completely closed, it just is what it is.

By the way, we reserved the sky lounge last year on reflection and for a couple of hours it was closed to the other people on the cruise. It was open for business as usual after 2-3 hours.

There was a constant stream of people who wandered in, ignoring, almost climbing over the closed sign lol.