Ship Models (Indy, Legend/Splendour)

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has travelled on either Independence, Splendour or Legend recently. If so, can you please tell me if they had the ship models onboard? If you bought one, can you please post a pic?

Basically, I'm trying to ascertain whether these models exist or not. I have an Indy model which I believe to be an older one. It is somewhat smaller than the Freedom and Liberty models that I own.

Also, Splendour and Legend look quite different to the other Vision class ships. I'm just wondering if the models are specific to each ship or whether they've overlooked the differences and essentially just put the name of each ship on the exact same model...

If anyone can help shed some light on this, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has travelled on either Independence, Splendour or Legend recently. If so, can you please tell me if they had the ship models onboard? If you bought one, can you please post a pic?

Basically, I'm trying to ascertain whether these models exist or not. I have an Indy model which I believe to be an older one. It is somewhat smaller than the Freedom and Liberty models that I own.

Also, Splendour and Legend look quite different to the other Vision class ships. I'm just wondering if the models are specific to each ship or whether they've overlooked the differences and essentially just put the name of each ship on the exact same model...

If anyone can help shed some light on this, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Just debarked legend and currently onboard Independence. Both had/have models onboard in the shops.

Thank you Kokomo. Any chance you could post a photo please? I'm hoping the current Indy model has been updated to be larger like the Freedom and Liberty models. I desperately want one if they've been updated.

Thanks niksmom630. I wish I could tell if they've updated them to the larger versions, like Liberty and Freedom.

From what I've heard it is the other way. The smaller model is the newer version. On another thread people mentioned that the models during the inaugural seasons are often slightly bigger than the normal ones with the Oasis ones being the most obvious one to change sizes. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I know the Indy ones are rarer since European's don't seem as into the logo shop items so they don't stock as many items. I've never seen any other version of that one though. I do have an Indy sitting next to a larger Liberty from the inaugural season and it's interesting how each one has elements that are more and less accurate than the other. IMO neither one comes out ahead in terms of accuracy.

These are the ones I have. The Liberty and Freedom aren't inaugural versions, they are just the standard ones. But you can see how obvious the difference is between those two and the Indy one. All I want is an Indy one the same as the other two...

1499824_10153605244420012_1597442949_n.jpg?oh=b5f425ca22ec740e70ba30c98fdd405d&oe=531DC344&__gda__=1394460562_f150c23cdf7ec7390899a05654a79dde

1488443_10153605244415012_761714045_n.jpg?oh=8de03b564be36f943e513410c98626e8&oe=531DF284&__gda__=1394481162_016c9ef62e753bd99e696d68704bea05

1579735_10153605244410012_185155211_n.jpg?oh=c12c71dc72cf4d1ad6481e3e0d4ba40a&oe=531DDDD8&__gda__=1394472982_f2a745d2f2560da83dd9d39f5cab4562

Edited by Royalty X

Here is a photo I took recently on Indy. These were the only ones I saw in the gift shop.

5D97D7F2-8E58-4CED-BA10-2055A015A06C_zpsfs1zxiti.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Indy is the only one I do not have. When we were on her last year, they had just ran out.

I'm just back from Independence yesterday. I can confirm that the photo from niksmom630 is still accurate to what they have on display and in stock.

I didn't buy a model on this trip because I was on Independence in 2008 and bought one then. The ones on display last week didn't look any different to me than the one I already have (or the Independence model in your pictures above), so unless somebody else has seen something different, it may be safe to assume that the Independence models are just different from Freedom and Liberty, for whatever reason.

I'll be on Liberty for the first time at the end of next month and will get that model then, but like you, I'm going to be a little annoyed if Independence and Liberty don't match.