Non-Oasis/Allure ships with the best evening entertainment

I'm not new to cruising, but I am looking to go on a RC cruise for the first time for a different experience. While I would love to try out Oasis or Allure, they are out of my price range. I am looking for recommendations of what non-Oasis/Allure ships have the best entertainment at night. My husband and I prefer shows in the theater (versus comedy, karaoke, piano bars).

Edited by jdkbrim

Of the ships, older than the Oasis, you might look at the Voyager class ships, these would be Explorer, Voyager, Adventure, Navigator Mariner, and those newer than those, are the Freedom, Independence and the Liberty of the Seas (all "of the Seas" of course) . All of these will have the ice skating shows, that are really good.

Of those, the Liberty of the Seas is the only one that does a full Broadway show. It is showing the Broadway version of Saturday Night Live.

Otherwise, we've always found very good entertainment on all Royal cruise.s

I'm not new to cruising, but I am looking to go on a RC cruise for the first time for a different experience. While I would love to try out Oasis or Allure, they are out of my price range. I am looking for recommendations of what non-Oasis/Allure ships have the best entertainment at night. My husband and I prefer shows in the theater (versus comedy, karaoke, piano bars).

Just off the Independence a month ago and the entertainment was way up there in my opinion. Had 2 rock bands that we enjoyed too.

Of those, the Liberty of the Seas is the only one that does a full Broadway show. It is showing the Broadway version of Saturday Night Live.

I think the show referred to was Saturday Night Fever (think Disco/John Travolta). We have been on Freedom, Liberty and Independence within the last 6 months and enjoyed most of the shows on all 3 ships, with the ice shows being our hands-down favorites. And, of those we thought Independence's ice show was superior, with the intriguing theme centered around a violin. The violinist was superb and the skating absolutely breathtaking. One thing to be aware of, if you go to a matinee performance of the ice show on either Freedom or Indy, you will have an evening without a theater show since those ships schedule an evening ice show in place of a theater show. On Liberty (at least on the 4 day) there were only daytime ice shows and all 4 nights had theater shows. I was pleased that so much entertainment was packed into such a short cruise. That said, I did not care much for the comedian nor the impressionist on Liberty.

I think the show referred to was Saturday Night Fever (think Disco/John Travolta). .

Oh that made me laugh. You're right, I meant Saturday Night Fever. Of course; my mistake. LOL .

Not sure how much like the movie the show is, but should be enjoyable if you liked that era of music.