.......idle jottings

ho-hum

We had the neighbors from either side of our palazzo over tonight to show them our expansioon plans (required by the association that ruthlessly enforces order in our little corner of the planet). We put out a spread of charcuterie, cheeses, breads, and craft olives. And because they are of rather refined taste, we delved fairly deep into our wine stores (of course, the best was reserved for us and a chosen few known to appreciate the good stuff...).

Well, we all did our best to test the alcohol vs germs theory :D Right now, the alcohol is winning....

... if alcohol could kill viruses!

Is anybody working on that, I wonder? Or just plain old experimenting at home on a case by case basis.

We had the neighbors from either side of our palazzo over tonight to show them our expansioon plans (required by the association that ruthlessly enforces order in our little corner of the planet). We put out a spread of charcuterie, cheeses, breads, and craft olives. And because they are of rather refined taste, we delved fairly deep into our wine stores (of course, the best was reserved for us and a chosen few known to appreciate the good stuff...).

Well, we all did our best to test the alcohol vs germs theory :D Right now, the alcohol is winning....

It is the un-sung heroes like our goodselves who day after day imbibe in this stuff in the hope of finding a cure.

A cure for what, we have forgotten.

But we will go on un-daunted in our dedicated research.

Hic

Edited by ho-hum

Happy Birthday darling Blondie !!!

The love of Hum's life and truly the (much) "better" half.

After presenting her with a few small gifts, amongst which are some fine bottles of rare (but eminently drinkable) champagnes accompanied by a dozen red roses and card.

We are then off to the "smoke" (London) for a visit of a "Vogue" exhibition at the Royal Academy then lunch with chums Blondie has known since childhood at a very posh "Arabic" restaurant.

As an old Cowboy sitting outside a Tombstone, AZ saloon put it: "You can't drink all day if you don't start early.":eek::D

23 July, Rome to Venice....... no kids

Millie

Sorry to be bearer of bad news Millie.

Hum knows one pair of "kids" going on that voyage !

Stay clear, is Hum's advice.....appalling people !

How they have never been banned is beyond Hum !

He is a loud pompous twit and she will be dancing on the tables at the "drop of a hat" !

Best o' luck !

Sorry to be bearer of bad news Millie.

Hum knows one pair of "kids" going on that voyage !

Stay clear, is Hum's advice.....appalling people !

How they have never been banned is beyond Hum !

He is a loud pompous twit and she will be dancing on the tables at the "drop of a hat" !

Best o' luck !

Gulp. Can I hazard a guess and say.........no.....yes.....Blondie and her lesser half????

Gulp. Can I hazard a guess and say.........no.....yes.....Blondie and her lesser half????

"Hazard a guess" away dear Millie !

But confidencess are confidences and Hum cannot confirm or deny (but will accept bribes).

Besides your security clearance level plummeted after the "lesser half" comment !

Haha

Hum's been told a lot worse.

Anyway it's not that far away now is it ?

And Hum would have to say that this voyage must be one of the very best offered by SD and a great time to enjoy and relax into it.

... if alcohol could kill viruses!

Is anybody working on that, I wonder? Or just plain old experimenting at home on a case by case basis.

MAY B,

There could be something to it!...

My Dad, about to turn 91 yrs old...has a shot of Irish Whiskey everyday of his adult life...and maybe part of his childhood also! 😂:D

Bon Voyage Ho-Hum and Blondie. Give a big Roll Tide to G&T for me.:eek: Hope you have a great time and am looking forward to the Jottings.:D

Deatest chum,

Where is Hum going ?

G&T are going with H&B.....apparently.

Have you entered into a time continuum that exists in the future ?

But rest assured the "jottings" will continue but briefer and with longer gaps between.

Hum is tired.

The well runneth dry.

And a dear chum recently wrote that Hum's posts are tiresome these days.

He also implied they were incestuous.

Yes that was hurtful.

Maybe it's time.

To bid au revoir.

Edited by ho-hum

Deatest chum,

Where is Hum going ?

Going early for the Transatlantic???

Jimbodini sees all,,,,, tells all.......

But rest assured the "jottings" will continue but briefer and with longer gaps between.

Say it ain't so!

Hum is tired.

The well runneth dry.

Not possible.........

It might be time to buy all new chums...:eek:

Yes that was hurtful.

Maybe it's time.

To bid au revoir.

Don't be a Girly Man, be like Cousin Arnold and Man Up!!! Hum will BE BACK!!

Brother Hum, :D

Hurtful indeed!!!...a " dear chum" you say!?

I could think of many, many words to describe you...but never "tiresome"

If your jottings are wearing on you and your plagued with writers Block? I'd say do more traveling, binging on champagne and eating what other delicacies you desire!...then come back for more to entertain us with! Capice!?

After all! I supose all the great writers took breaks once in awhile!

And if that doesn't work!?...we always have Facebook!

😊😉

Don't be a Girly Man, be like Cousin Arnold and Man Up!!! Hum will BE BACK!!

Err........ Jim, you were the first to be specifically mentioned as tiresome !!

No kidding.

Hahaha

Man up Jim ! Man up !

Haha

Facebook? this isn't Facebook???? It is for me. I don't Tweet either.:eek::D Don't worry K & D, Ho-Hum, like herpes, always comes back.........

You sweet talking man !

Haha

"Like Herpes" !

Heck you started early today.

You really should stop making your own tequila.

Facebook? this isn't Facebook???? It is for me. I don't Tweet either.:eek::D Don't worry K & D, Ho-Hum, like herpes, always comes back.........

Jim, hahaha! I'll take your word for it! About Ho Hum always returning...not the herpes thing! Haha! :D

Deatest chum,

Where is Hum going ?

Hum is tired.

The well runneth dry.

Yes that was hurtful.

Maybe it's time.

To bid au revoir.

Well, if you think it's time to bid au revoir because the well runneth dry and you'd like a break? I'd say great! See you in a while...but you know we will be here when you get back! :)

However, if your calling it quits because one "dear chum " said hurtful things!

Then you are leaving idle jottings for the wrong reasons!...

Haven't known you very long but I have never seen you buckle to negative comments before!?

you usually give as well or better than you get! OK! Rant over!...:D

Keep in touch brother Hum! Xo

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41945440&postcount=1

Every now and then, Post #1 of Idle Jottings should be read. "Tiresome"? Whatever did he start it for????:D Isn't that the reason for this catch all thread in the first place? Keeps us simple minded ones out of the more informative threads. My take on Idle Jottings is if you don't like it, don't read it. Simple.....

Edited by Jim Avery

Every now and then, Post #1 of Idle Jottings should be read. "Tiresome"? Whatever did he start it for????:D Isn't that the reason for this catch all thread in the first place? Keeps us simple minded ones out of the more informative threads. My take on Idle Jottings is if you don't like it, don't read it. Simple.....

Jim, you took the words right out of my mouth!...let us peasants be! ha!

And again, we need a "like" button on Cruise Critic.