.......idle jottings

ho-hum

[quote name=ho-hum;wanna see the promo of THAT documentary ?

No.

OK

No problem.

See ya around.

Maybe popper will source it for you.

Hum's off from Oz' date=' travelling almost a day.[/quote]

If you "Google" The Millionaires Holiday Club there is an intro on Vimeo that gives a glimpse and only a glimpse.

I've seen the promo, but how do we, living in the colonies, watch the BBC2? Is there a way to get the station online? I'm not the most tech savvy individual, to put it mildly.

Zimmy

You can try downloading an app called FILM ON which makes available a huge number of chanels over the net. I see from BBC 2 website the program with SD will be shown on the evening of 10 June at 09.00 uk time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can try downloading an app called FILM ON which makes available a huge number of chanels over the net. I see from BBC 2 website the program with SD will be shown on the evening of 10 June at 09.00 uk time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I will try that.

I practically got whiplash as your closeup flashed by......

Haha......but it was worth it n'est pas?

If you had subscribed to the Platinum "Jottings", you would of course, seen a lot more.

If you "Google" The Millionaires Holiday Club there is an intro on Vimeo that gives a glimpse and only a glimpse.

0.10 minutes in fact....... but what a performance!

Again members of the Platinum service are offered so much more.

I've seen the promo, but how do we, living in the colonies, watch the BBC2? Is there a way to get the station online? I'm not the most tech savvy individual, to put it mildly.

Zimmy

When the film is released, Hum will try to find a way Zimmy.

The back of your head is in the film and Jim and his beautiful lady feature too, now that the Arizona Picture Company have reduced their rights fee!

You can try downloading an app called FILM ON which makes available a huge number of chanels over the net. I see from BBC 2 website the program with SD will be shown on the evening of 10 June at 09.00 uk

How very useful. Thankyou Tudorman from Stockholm.

A good day to all our Swedish chums.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look chums, that was just the promo film.

Here it is for those still struggling:

The two main programmes (we are in the first programme only, shared with Mr."Bugger Off") are ONE WHOLE HOUR!

You will be able to see beautiful Blondie's performance and Hum's cringeworthy offering in greater depth then.

It is most likely you will be able to see the entire programme on VIMEO too.

A good part is about SD which we believe is shown very well indeed, as you SD lovers would expect.

Meanwhile here is the publicity photo. Hum and Blondie are at the far right.

And now Hum leaves Oz.

Thankyou for having us.

You are brilliant but your internet is terrible.

image_zpsagvgirp3.jpeg

And now Hum leaves Oz.

Thankyou for having us.

You are brilliant but your internet is terrible.

I always wondered where that term "Whinging Pom" came from.... :D

(just kidding - sorry couldn't resist when I saw your internet comment)

For a while there I thought you were Mr Bugger Off - glad to hear that's not the case

Looking forward to watching the series

Thank you Todorman for the FILM ON info. Works perfectly here in the settlement Hum. Last night I watched the Caravanner of the Year trials on BBC2. You and Blondie should try that out as well, you would be very good. I'm sure, changing tires and the lot.

In January, we were kicked off the ship at 8am in SJU "due to government rules". Any recent intel as to disembarkation at STT? We are poking around with flights for our December 3 SDII booking and it aint pretty. From STT, our choices seem to be 9:15am, which is a bit risky given the chaos usually occurring at STT, and later in the day. We are leaning towards later in the day if we can stay aboard SD for breakfast and if we can find a good day room. Any suggestions from recent STT passengers as to a day room? Thanks in advance for any help.......And no, Ho-Hum, the jail does not count.:eek::D

Jim,

We're booked on Seadream 2 December 10. I booked a 9:15 flight out of St. Thomas. I know it is a chance as customs comes onboard but thought I would try it. Our other options were hanging around all day. It seems like we are usually able to get off early and if you hire a porter they seem to get you through the lines faster.

Cole

Jim,

We're booked on Seadream 2 December 10. I booked a 9:15 flight out of St. Thomas. I know it is a chance as customs comes onboard but thought I would try it. Our other options were hanging around all day. It seems like we are usually able to get off early and if you hire a porter they seem to get you through the lines faster.

Cole

Thanks Cole. Yes, had heard about the need to hire a porter and am planning on that. Have made 9ish flights out of SJU a number of times with no problems but have avoided STT for a number of years due to very bad airport experiences. We live in the PHX area and it just is not very easy to get from the Caribbean to home in a single day any more. Progress!:eek: You are right about the other options being hanging around all day. Charlotte Amalie is quite the let down after a week on SD. Thats why we thought maybe a day room at a nice place might be good. Wish Y'all were on the week earlier with us. Will try to leave the TOY Bar in good condition for you.:D

Jim,

Forgot to mention I'm in Destin and saw some of the SEC action down at the Hilton today. They we're filming the Paul Finebaum show on the beach and Nick was going to be on. Didn't hang around long enough to see him. Would have waited if it would have been Les!

Jim,

Forgot to mention I'm in Destin and saw some of the SEC action down at the Hilton today. They we're filming the Paul Finebaum show on the beach and Nick was going to be on. Didn't hang around long enough to see him. Would have waited if it would have been Les!

Les?? Les of what??? Ok, you are a good SEC guy so just kidding.:D Hey, only just over 90 days to Bama Football (and LSU too) so ROLL TIDE!!!!! Sorry, just had to.:D

Yes, that is Robin Leach manning the kiosk in Leicester Square in anticipation of the long line of wannabees trying to get tickets to the BBC documentary featuring Mr. and Mrs. Hum on a recent SD excursion.

Word has it that the lines are so long, organizers of the event are having difficulty

in situating the klieg lights and porta-sans in oh so limited space. Meanwhile,

Mr. Hum has been seen at Max Factors having his pancake makeup applied (in

extra heavy doses) while Blondie is luxuriating at the Bulgari Spa in Knightsbridge.

There is no doubt the Friday night airing will be among the BBC's most viewed

programs of the season and the smart money is predicting a BAFTA award for

the spectacle (whoops, I mean spectacular).

Anyway, order up some fish and chips and a good larger and settle in for this

long, oh so long, event, :)

Jim, we've never done a day room in STT (not one of our favorite ports), but I would want to be near the airport. Taxis tend to be multi-passenger and you might travel a circuitous route to the airport if you are staying in Charlotte Amalie. And, at times, they can get heavy traffic, especially if one or two of the behemoths are in port. Check out the Best Western Emerald Beach. It gets pretty good reviews and looks nice. On the beach, but across from the airport.

Zimmy, on the other hand, would probably rather spend the day shopping at Mr. Table Cloth.

Thanks Trap. STT is not one of our fave stops either. Really having issues trying to get home the same day. Staying over till Sunday doesn't help any either. Different flights on different days but not good for out West. Your suggestion sounds good as we do remember the cattle car "taxis" there.:eek::D Why can't SeaDream sail out of San Diego???? Sea of Cortez???? Some day?????:D:D

Or why not out of Chicago? A Great Lakes cruise can be interesting. We actually had a German cruise ship call on Chicago last year.

Good one! I can see that. Like I always said, I don't care where they go. I would be ok with steaming circles off FLL for a week as long as it is SeaDream.:D

We've stayed the day at The Emerald Beach resort. Used to be a Best Western affiliate, no longer.

Walking distance to STT. Nice-ish beach, beach bar, restaurant. Rooms are fine, not posh enough for some, but clean. Don't need to get a day room, happy for you to hang out at bar or restaurant on beach if you buy food/drinks.

Funny story, we were at this hotels beach last November, waiting to board SDII when a pair of ladies set up on the beach loungers beside us speaking Norwegian. I noticed the SD beach towels, so said hello. Turns out they were friends of the owners wife and a dozen or so of them were traveling with her on our cruise. They kept Goran on his toes!

http://www.emeraldbeach.com

Edited by popper

We've stayed the day at The Emerald Beach resort. Used to be a Best Western affiliate, no longer.

Walking distance to STT. Nice-ish beach, beach bar, restaurant. Rooms are fine, not posh enough for some, but clean. Don't need to get a day room, happy for you to hang out at bar or restaurant on beach if you buy food/drinks.

Funny story, we were at this hotels beach last November, waiting to board SDII when a pair of ladies set up on the beach loungers beside us speaking Norwegian. I noticed the SD beach towels, so said hello. Turns out they were friends of the owners wife and a dozen or so of them were traveling with her on our cruise. They kept Goran on his toes!

http://www.emeraldbeach.com

Thanks Popper. Good advice. :D

Have one flight that works......9:15am departing STT. Anyone in STT this winter and how soon could you leave the ship? Is Customs still on board or, like SJU, are you kicked off the ship early? Thanks.:D. Its been years since we disembarked in STT.

Last Nov getting off ship and to airport was early and fast, 10 mins. The issue was with security at STT. Took 45 mins. We were TSA pre checked, but it was not operating that busy Saturday....

I always wondered where that term "Whinging Pom" came from.... :D

(just kidding - sorry couldn't resist when I saw your internet comment)

For a while there I thought you were Mr Bugger Off - glad to hear that's not the case

Looking forward to watching the series

Well Bodogbodog, Hum is so glad you posted.

Apart from having an internet ranked 48th in world (whoopy-do!) which prevented Hum pisting photos to chums......boooh!

Hum loved your country, countrymen and countrywomen and wouldn't want to leave on a churlish and un-grateful note: well one that couldn't be construed as "whinging" in any way.

Our Aussie chums gave us a great welcome, were kind, generous and fantastic company.

Hum loved the wines, the beers and the food.

Hum visited the great Ayres Rock (Uluru) which is on a par with Michu Pichu.

Truly wonderful.

The Vivida light show of Sydney Opera House was outstanding as is the opera house itself.

And all those wonderful buildings and parks etc.. from your former benefactors (us, British) which you slavishly maintain and protect.......and quite rightly so (you aint built much else worth preserving since we "ski-daddled").

Australia and Australians are wonderful.

So let Hum leave your country celebrating Australia and Australians (from the Quantas 1st class lounge where the internet is really quite decent considering).

But no Hum's not going to leave it there!

Let Hum reciprocate the banter with you.

Hum's trip to Oz was researched extensively and Hum took with him this handy useful guide map of Australia which may be of benefit to others visiting your beautiful but dangerous country.

And before you come back at Hum.

Just remember Hum offered to buy you a drink or two in Sydney!

Hum offered the hand of friendship.........and still does.

A bit of banter between chums is a sign of friendship to Hum.

Beet regards Bodogbodog.

Any chance of a SD trip? Or do you prefer the bigger Crystal fleet?

image_zpsvy2van0u.jpeg

Apart from having an internet ranked 48th in world (whoopy-do!) which prevented Hum pisting photos to chums......boooh!

Hum loved your country, countrymen and countrywomen and wouldn't want to leave on a churlish and un-grateful note: well one that couldn't be construed as "whinging" in any way.

Our Aussie chums gave us a great welcome, were kind, generous and fantastic company.

Hum loved the wines, the beers and the food.

Hum visited the great Ayres Rock (Uluru) which is on a par with Michu Pichu.

Truly wonderful.

The Vivida light show of Sydney Opera House was outstanding as is the opera house itself.

And all those wonderful buildings and parks etc.. from your former benefactors (us, British) which you slavishly maintain and protect.......and quite rightly so (you aint built much else worth preserving since we "ski-daddled").

So let Hum leave your country celebrating Australia and Australians (from the Quantas 1st class lounge where the internet is really quite decent considering).

But no Hum's not going to leave it there!

Let Hum reciprocate the banter with you.

Hum's trip to Oz was researched extensively and Hum took with him this handy useful guide map of Australia which may be of benefit to others visiting your beautiful but dangerous country.

And before you come back at Hum.

Just remember Hum offered to buy you a drink or two in Sydney!

Hum offered the hand of friendship.........and still does.

Beet regards Bodogbodog.

image_zpsvy2van0u.jpeg

Hum, so glad you had a great trip. Ayers Rock is one of my all time fave places to visit. Love the map! Funnily enough it is a really good representation of OZ, and enough to put most people off! As an aside, we were at an Hawaiian Luau a few years back and an American gentleman asked if English was widely spoken in our country. By the way we talked he obviously didn't think so!

Safe travels,

Millie

So let Hum leave your country celebrating Australia and Australians (from the Quantas 1st class lounge where the internet is really quite decent considering)

Beet regards Bodogbodog.

Hum - thank you for your generous contribution to our economy over the last few weeks - it is very much appreciated as we need all the business we can drum up now the Chinese aren't buying up all our dirt

The Qantas First Class lounge is pretty swish by any standard - did you have a spa treatment or just gorge yourself on the lovely nosh available - or perhaps one of the four varieties of champers available - it almost makes all the flying required to qualify for Platinum and access worth it

Much appreciate your hand of friendship and it is gratefully accepted - and it didn't even cost you a drink! - you clearly understand our Antipodean sense of humour - inherited from your forbears I suspect, so our dry wit and friendly banter is accepted in the spirit it is intended

Sea Dream cruise could make the list although I like the size of the Crystal ocean ships - it will certainly happen before I even consider stepping foot on that recycled old tub Crystal Esprit (assuming they fix it so it runs long enough to continue cruising) - on our last cruise two of our table mates were SD advocates - they loved it - even wore their SD polos to dinner in the MDR :eek: - fortunately not on black tie optional nights

Your rugby team arrived today - with loaner ex Aussie coach I should add - should be an interesting tussle with the Wallabies over the coming weeks

Have one flight that works......9:15am departing STT. Anyone in STT this winter and how soon could you leave the ship? Is Customs still on board or, like SJU, are you kicked off the ship early? Thanks.:D. Its been years since we disembarked in STT.

Jim,

We had the pleasure of disembarking twice in STT last winter. STT is different from SJU in that after the immigration formalities in STT, it is possible to stay on board, have breakfast and depart leisurely no later than 10 AM.

I recall that the officers came on board and started processing passengers around 8 AM. So it would have been possible to be off the ship then. The STT airport is about 10 minutes from Crown Bay where the ship docks so you could count on being at the airport by 8:30. That's where the excitement begins however. As you noted, there's no telling how long it will take to get from check in through the second round of customs and immigration and then security and into the departure lounge.

I'm a bit of a gambler but probably wouldn't count on making a 9:15 AM flight under these circumstances.