.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Will work on a trip report but doubt it will be anything nearly as well written and entertaining as those done by Ho Hum:D

From little acorns, from little acorns ........ mighty oaks do grow ("oafs" in Hum's case).

Posting the facts of the matter (about SD) is far more valuable and worthwhile than some darn fool's silly little "skits" dear chum.

Hum is simply the "interval act" between the real, worthwhile posts ........ Hum also likes to check in on some of the "old duffers" that hang out here and say hi to the lovely ladies: they are always so nice which makes a change from the name calling some have been sayin' just recently !

Must be an age thing. They're all getting on whilst Hum's "joie de vivre" keeps him in an eternal state of youthfulness, optimism, generosity and joyfulness (did Hum mention humility ..... always forget that one).

No, DupontCruiser2, you (and anyone else out there) tell us your opinion (about your forthcoming voyage on SD) ....... please.

We, this end, wish you a great time.

All of us here, have had a "little whip round" and we bought the "alcohol package" for you at the TOYB as a gift (couple of Presidente bottle tops found in the collection but we know a certain someone is saving for a pool for the visit of a member of the British aristocracy so he shouldn't be judged too harshly).

As you can see, the reply is here on IJ so as not to pollute and distort the more sensible pists.

Plus, it is one of Hum's parole conditions: not to loiter around the decent folk on other pists.

Looky here chums,

Hum has something to admit.

You know Hum has been historically dismissive of the "Raw Food" on SD.

Considering it panders to the self absorbed, "my body is my temple", smug, "holier than thou", skinny, emaciated, "no alcohol for me, why would I want to poison my body", evangelist, smiling, sanctimonious, nauseatingly righteous types from the West Coast, "have a nice day", "join me on a 24 kilometre bike ride over rough terrain ?" types.

Hello Ho hum, sorry not pisting sooner you know why. Hope you're well.

Haha. Excellent, love it! Laughing at your adjectives here. So funny. I'm a raw/veggie foodie but I don't think I fall into any of those categories, smiling maybe. Just enjoying catching up on idle jottings, laughing and having a few toots reading as I've just cancelled my 24km bike ride (miles where I live) and decided to poison my body instead.

Ho Hum orders WATER! My Goodness. I was always advised not to mix my drinks. Too much water Hum can be dangerous. Can lead to hyponatremia, flushing out the good electrolytes/sodium etc in the body. Best stick to the vino and Just salt your scrambled eggs and smoked salmon breakfast tomorrow morning with your Buck's Fizz!! That'll balance it out !!! Hope things are ok:)

Dearest hum,

attached you will find BoH's professionally qualified comments:

Hum has news for you, from Hum’s No.1 chum in the whole of Germany, you have dropped to No.18 and Hum only knows 7 !

For BoH being in hum’s TOP20 is bad enough. ;)

First you did’nt like the Verdicchio from Sardinia (or was it the Vermentino ?).

Hum might be a Champagne aficionado, but white wine is not his area of expertise.

Then you “fiddled” with all emission readings on VW cars (Hum drives a Porsche Cayenne Turbo and Blondie a Merc SL; so thankfully we were safe !)

If Hum really wants to be safe with low emissions, he would drive this car:

http://m3.paperblog.com/i/21/216455/verruckte-smart-editionen-L-BpduBo.jpeg

What “alcohol package” are you going for ?

We will be asking for the “Hum Package” – not sure if Windstar will sell this to us, as it is discredited across all existing cruise lines to ruin them … ;)

By the way, those sails don’t get changed by themselves but you’ll sure have a great view from the top of the mast for iceberg watch between 2.30-5.00am.

All passengers have to do it.

You know when you are on the deck and it “rocks” a bit… can you imagine what it will be like for you 25.0 metres higher !!!

Fortunately the Star Breeze is no sailing ship, so BoH will watch for the icebergs in the Med out of his porthole cabin window.

How many people are you sharing your cabin with ?

Thanks a lot for that hint, old chap. As BoH got a special rate, he know double checked the offer – he expected to have a 26 sqm cabin,but after reading between the lines it turned out to be a 26 people cabin.

But this doesn’t matter to us – we like meeting people … ;)

Make sure your hammock has no tears in it; don’t want to see you falling through the middle!

It is no deluxe suite; there’s no hammock in the cabin – we have to stand during the whole cruise!

How can you treat the Baronness to such, such, such…… words fail Hum.

The poor, poor woman.

BoH is with her – that’s priceless!

People say Hum is just a creature of habit.

And that is true.

Especially the bartender at TOYB says this: Hum’s only habit: Champagne, Champagne, Champagne …

All the very best, dearest chum.

Don't mind Hum.

Please tell us all about it.

Don't be 20 minutes late for departure !

Hum can ve sure - BoH does his very, very best! :D

Brother Hum,

You have just described the perfect setting!...

All this worry about the perfect waistline, when really! All I want to do is eat pasta, bread and cheese!...haha! Oh! And yes! Wine! There's nothing more comforting than dinner with great friends and having some belly aching laughs along the way!

As for cigars!? I had an uncle (uncle Pat ) lost and eye during the war...whAt a character! Smoked Cubans all the time! Everytime I get a sweet whiff of one, memories come rushing home!

When he would get drunk he'd pop out his glass eye and drop in your drink! And say " now look me in the eye, when I'm speaking to you!" Hahahaha

I loved uncle Pat! Haha...

You remind me of him!...in a small way. Not in the glass eye way! Haha...but in a way that you make people laugh and feel at ease with you.

No doubt, there's been some well managed training by Blondie!? Haha!:D:rolleyes:

Well darling sis,

You and Hum are the "same chip off the block" except you wear skirts (and according to The Commander so does Hum !) so that's why we get on "right from the off" and Hum surmises that the good chums here (fellow posters and readers) are of the same elk (Canadian for "ilk").

We talk........sorry Hum talks a lot of drivel interspersed with a rant now and then mixed with a lot of (hopefully) non-offensive friendly banter and "leg pulling" and occasionally we talk about one of the things we love the most: SD and her crews (on both vessels).

This forum is a kind of virtual reality TOYB except we must pour our own drinks.

Talking of tricks with body parts, Jim does a trick too but it's not for the general public.

Several have been ill seeing it and one or two ladies faint !

Something picked up in the many bars he frequented in Asia: a speciality of the dens of Saigon Hum believes.

Let's just say watching ping pong played after that was never the innocent game it once was.

"Old run down thatched pub" ehhh.....Hum will be calling in that jibe for a little while longer Jim m'lad.

And let that be a warning to others too.

Well young Kath, we meet up for New Year on SD.

Cannot wish for anyone nicer my darling.

Eat away but make it quality.

Always quality.

Always, always, always.

Same goes for wine.

And of course, dine with great and loving chums.

Always.

And you know why Hum adds this point.

How can Hum ever be offended nay he feels privileged indeed to be thought of with similar affection to one who was dear to you but you know sis, it says far more about your kindness and generosity of spirit than it does about your servant and devotee, Hum.

HHxx

Such Slanderous things being said about Hum. I could never..... He is such a pillar.

Pillock !

Well really !

Oh "pillar", sorry.......but why does Hum still think it is rude ?

Do you describe "numb skulls" in Canada as "pillocks" or is it quintessentially an Old English term only ?

So whilst Hum spent Sunday praying for the wretches and lost souls amongst his old chums, petitioning The Lord to spare Jim, the Commander and all, he then returns to the forum to see whether Hum's exhaustive petitioning has been heeded.

Not a ruddy jot !

Come on Lord ......... Oh you didn't have your hearing aid in !

The whole pre-occupation with "cross dressing" had not abated but like a wild fire has begin to start up and spread again !

Even Lady V has "combusted" and joined the furore !

What madness is this ?

And out of this whole satanic scenario stands one man who has remained steadfast and refuses to concede to the mayhem........Abenaki.

His quiet dignity and the purity of spirit should be a lesson to the rest of the recidivist miscreants.

Hum asks those perpetrators to reflect.

What must new readers think as they make tentative enquiries about possible voyages on SD.

And here, all there is talk of "crossing dressing" on a transaltic voyage during which Halloween falls

"Hey Mary, just what kind of people go on SD ?"

"Nope its Seabourn for us"

Many have described Hum using the term "pillock": the "correct" full terminology is "dozy pillock" actually. A term quite out of favour by todays "yoof" who avoid all social integration and decide to conduct their lives by texting in short-hand which is completely un-intelligible to Hum.

Would we still have Shakespeare if texting was around, maybe.

"2b/not2b"

And please ignore the etymology ..... this is a term commonly used during Hum's early years and certain men who attended all boy's schools: the original term has transmuted itself quite beyond its earlier roots.

Trust Hum.

Hum wouldn't be adopting the word if it were not true. There are certain levels of decency below which Hum would not besmirch your fine and noble standards (of course with some fellows, they know nothing else......).

Now ENOUGH about "cross dressing" !

Hum "coming out" and any other alternate mode of expression.

And for all (real) transgender people out there, please overlook our nonsense.

Hum (really does) has one very good transgender chum and their lives can be quite tough.......no, really tough.

Yes I'm now back Mr Hum.

Anglesey was the place, the lump of rock fallen off the NW tip of Wales. Given the helm on the Tuesday to race around Puffin Island, returned a third over the line...best result of season for the boat, probably won't be invited back...prize was a wooden coaster (no not a historic boat) but a ruddy cheap piece of driftwood to place one's glass upon...cheap Taffy b.........s.

Was in London last week for a little bit of business...yikes, tourists, tourists and more tourists. 18% more than last July...Britain, open for business and still booming!!!

Now, I see that the Norwegians have been at the forefront of your thoughts and deliberations of recent times...well now, just imagine this...

Yesterday at Edinburgh Zoo, Brigadier Nils Olav was inspecting the King of Norway's Guard who are appearing at Edinburgh's Military Tattoo...nothing special in that you may say...

But Brigadier Nils Olav is a King penguin!?! Yes, black and white with a yellow beak, doesn't say much. I did checked the strength of the nightcap I had been enjoying before staring at the tv screen in disbelief. Apparently, it is a tradition between Scotland and Norway that has been going on for a while now as the Guard's have a representative in Scotland at all times...and that great military power of Norway chooses a penguin to represent them!!!

Brigadier David Allfrey (he is a human version) the producer the Tattoo stated " This is a fantastic example of great relations between our two countries".

Even madder, or more worryingly...it was the second story on the news, beating that mad and very bad Putin creating a "newsroom and broadcasting station" right in the heart of Edinburgh...what can he be up to?

So here is this week's challenge...what kind of creature will the Donald and his Mexican chums have as their border Brigadier?

Hum has a valid point (one every now and then). Enough of the sexual innuendos and other disparaging

comments ... what would a prospective Sea Dream customer think about closeting themselves away

for days at a time on the high seas with such a bunch.

To anyone offended by remarks, made here in jest, my apologies. As Hum knows well, the old

Commander has been borne the brunt of such banter over his many years and should have known

better.

Ho Hum,

So Jim does tricks with body parts also!?...do tell Jim! Hahaha

Well, I did cut my thumb off with a circular saw whilst working on a "honey-do" project for DW. After bringing me a towel in which to wrap said digit she pronounced that "stupid has a price". :eek::D

Ho Hum,

So Jim does tricks with body parts also!?...do tell Jim! Hahaha

Well, I did cut my thumb off with a circular saw whilst working on a "honey-do" project for DW. After bringing me a towel in which to wrap said digit she pronounced that "stupid has a price". :eek::D

Hahaha...hope to meet your oh so smart wife one day!...hahaha

Did the digit grow back? :eek :D

Yes, the ER Doctor did a great job stitching it back on. With the IV morphine going in, we had a great conversation and I told DW that "I love this guy". It works just fine, only 1/8" shorter (kerf from a carbide blade) than the other one.

Yes, the ER Doctor did a great job stitching it back on. With the IV morphine going in, we had a great conversation and I told DW that "I love this guy". It works just fine, only 1/8" shorter (kerf from a carbide blade) than the other one.

Ouch!...are you in a new line of work now!? Haha

Hello Ho hum, sorry not pisting sooner you know why. Hope you're well.

Haha. Excellent, love it! Laughing at your adjectives here. So funny. I'm a raw/veggie foodie but I don't think I fall into any of those categories, smiling maybe. Just enjoying catching up on idle jottings, laughing and having a few toots reading as I've just cancelled my 24km bike ride (miles where I live) and decided to poison my body instead.

Ho Hum orders WATER! My Goodness. I was always advised not to mix my drinks. Too much water Hum can be dangerous. Can lead to hyponatremia, flushing out the good electrolytes/sodium etc in the body. Best stick to the vino and Just salt your scrambled eggs and smoked salmon breakfast tomorrow morning with your Buck's Fizz!! That'll balance it out !!! Hope things are ok:)

You.....darling are a "breath of fresh air" !

Compared to the other chums who seem currently pre-occupied in "cross dressing" and all (except Abenaki) !

Hum loves vegetables (and Hum does't mean certain other chums either though……).

But Hum just ain't the kind of over enthusiastic, "rah-rah" type that Hum occasionally encounters on his way up to the TOYB for a morning "snifter" while they are heading in the opposite direction on some foolish, physically depleting nonsense, described innocently enough as a "Shoreside Activity", which to Hum conjures up taking a picnic basket with "goodies" and in due course, opening said basket replete with delicious "nibbles" and a chilled bottle and nibblin, imbibin, chattin and laughin with some lovely chums ...... AND NOT participating in an activity akin to one of those similar terrifying and cruel Japanese TV game shows, which physically and psychologically humiliates the guests participating to the amusement of the (psychopathic) audience.

In the name of gawd, why ?

"His" creation should be treated respectfully by resting, laying down, in moderate temperatures (with gentle breeze), fed well, consuming fine liquids from “His bounteous Garden" rich with grapes and enjoying relaxed company of fellow chums in witty conversation and of course, much gentle gossiping too, inflating innocent comments and remarks into gently slanderous assessments of our fellow guests based upon the most innocent and innocuous of reasons.

You know who you are…....so don’t go splutterin’ in astonishment and incredulity.

As if butter would’nt melt……

Ha!

These guests (victims) are donned in ridiculous, tight fitting, garish, bright coloured, clothing wearing crash helmets, exposing their hairy emaciated, bony "bods", "pumping" themselves up for the torture that awaits them in exuberant, zealous anticipation.

Lemmings on “speed” that have worked themselves into a state verging on the demonic !!!

But at least the vessel is left in blissful quietude for Hum and those who have sought out hidden corners to read “bodice ripping” romantic novels !

They (the “do or die” Ninjas) rarely appear at the various "watering holes" either instead they are huddled in groups talking to one another about various earnest things they do (saving whales, rain forests, the rights of this or those people) whilst Hum and the "boys" play being Darth Vader by putting the clear perspex ice buckets on our heads uttering various pronouncements from the "Death Star" !

Hum does do some (free) "Shoreside Activities".

The chef's walks.

Hum actually invented the "Ice Bucket Challenge" there (before it became famous).

What the heck has been going on ?

100's of 'em !

Haha ........ so funny reading the banter between Kathy and Jim ...... Haha

Love it....not so much the thumb incident, spat out rather a nice Sancerre when Hum read that !

Please pist WARNING next time !!!

Edited by ho-hum

Hum has a valid point (one every now and then). Enough of the sexual innuendos and other disparaging

comments ... what would a prospective Sea Dream customer think about closeting themselves away

for days at a time on the high seas with such a bunch.

To anyone offended by remarks, made here in jest, my apologies. As Hum knows well, the old

Commander has been borne the brunt of such banter over his many years and should have known

better.

Two Hail Mary's and One Our Father should settle the matter old chum.

Now are there any other offences you would like Him to take into account ?

And PLEASE DONT say this is your first offence !

First one that morning possibly !

And there is always a team of American academics who know all the intelligent stuff but who are hopeless on popular culture: they really thought Lady Gaga was a character in Macbeth !

Hahahahaha......this just struck me as so funny! :D Catching up on idle jottings. Been working incredible hours all summer. Got trips to take you know! Can't wait to go on Sea Dream again. :-)

Yes I'm now back Mr Hum.

Anglesey was the place, the lump of rock fallen off the NW tip of Wales. Given the helm on the Tuesday to race around Puffin Island, returned a third over the line...best result of season for the boat, probably won't be invited back...prize was a wooden coaster (no not a historic boat) but a ruddy cheap piece of driftwood to place one's glass upon...cheap Taffy b.........s.

Was in London last week for a little bit of business...yikes, tourists, tourists and more tourists. 18% more than last July...Britain, open for business and still booming!!!

Now, I see that the Norwegians have been at the forefront of your thoughts and deliberations of recent times...well now, just imagine this...

Yesterday at Edinburgh Zoo, Brigadier Nils Olav was inspecting the King of Norway's Guard who are appearing at Edinburgh's Military Tattoo...nothing special in that you may say...

But Brigadier Nils Olav is a King penguin!?! Yes, black and white with a yellow beak, doesn't say much. I did checked the strength of the nightcap I had been enjoying before staring at the tv screen in disbelief. Apparently, it is a tradition between Scotland and Norway that has been going on for a while now as the Guard's have a representative in Scotland at all times...and that great military power of Norway chooses a penguin to represent them!!!

Brigadier David Allfrey (he is a human version) the producer the Tattoo stated " This is a fantastic example of great relations between our two countries".

Even madder, or more worryingly...it was the second story on the news, beating that mad and very bad Putin creating a "newsroom and broadcasting station" right in the heart of Edinburgh...what can he be up to?

So here is this week's challenge...what kind of creature will the Donald and his Mexican chums have as their border Brigadier?

........... and ruddy good it is to have you back MACT !

Hum cannot begin to tell you the level of depravity IJ descended into and so quickly whilst you were away on your sailing "jolly" around "Taffy-land" !

Lessons have been learnt and it is down to us to raise the tone of this once noted forum of information, education and entertainment to the levels of similar impressive "organs" ("Time" magazine, "The Economist", "Paris Match", "Private Eye", the "National Enquirer" and the "Beano" (more "Beano" actually)).

Our "organ" may be small, shrunk and withered but we shall strive ever........

No, Hum will leave it there.

So.......

What a macho, swashbuckling, athletic chap you are dear MACT.

The last time Hum was on a boat was in Maine, USA, with a couple of young "dandies" who vehemently insisted Hum need not take ANY weatherproof jacket, hat, trousers etc before boarding and laughed at Hum contemptuously with ridicule !

The first BIG WAVE hit within 15 minutes of sailing out of the harbour !

We were drenched, head to toe and all parts (and orifices....particularly orifices) in between !

The blue skies became leadened.

We scrambled to search for blankets.......AND found them all.

"Chief Dandy" of this "jolly jape" had wrapped himself up in the entire yachts blankets and was sound asleep.

Trying to prise just one blanket from him with which to warm ourselves was met with ferocious snarling and language so foul it cannot be repeated !

The sun eventually returned and dried our clothing.

We opened a bottle of champagne (surprise, surprise).

The day was saved, indeed it provided many fond memories UNTIL the compromising photos of Hum began to be mentioned !

But the person in question appears to have changed his ways yet again (until next time, no doubt).

Hum believes the company he keeps has a lot to answer for.

Yes, Hum was familiar with the Norwegians adopting penguins for ceremonial duties and Hum thinks it "is a salutary and humorous prick at pomposity" and rather destroys Hum's historic view that Norwegians are "sooooo dull".

That spurious view must be thrown in the trash once and for all.

Talking of "pricks and pomposity" Hum must confess to not hearing such a thing about Putin and the new spy organisation in Edinburgh.

Hum checked it out ......and verily it is true !

A couple of junior, minor SNP "nuts" seem to have been embroiled in it too and one is quoted as saying :

‘As a Scottish Nationalist born and bred, I am hardly unfamiliar with a country’s desire to free itself from the clutches of an imperialist aggressor... More than any country, we [the Scots] have known what it means to be dictated to by another country and told that our culture, language and traditions are inferior.’

What (the proverbial) is the mad woman going on about ??

"Imperialist aggressor " ?

Are there ANY NORMAL people left in Scotland ?

Why of course there are.

They are probably packing as Hum jots away.

No.

But ....It is so ludicrous.

Kick 'em out (the "Ruskie spies") "land of Bravehearts" !

And stop your ruddy whining too !

That Putin is a really "nasty piece of work".

How on earth do you handle a messianic dictator like THAT ?

And NO, not with another messianic dictator (though that danger seems to have rapidly passed. No, Hum promised not to interfere. Apologies).

No, Margaret would have sorted him (Pukin) out.

He just needs to be loved. Told how clever he is. Given a high profile meet up with Liz and "Bob's your uncle".

Probably concede half of the Crimea to him for 50 years cheap gas supply to the Ukraine and begin importing their products again.

Over-simplification ?

Why yes.

Oh and the Syria mess he is involved in too !

The world ehh ?

Needs people being a bit more chummy, Hum says.

Get them all round the TOYB.

Jim could do, one of ......... no let's drop that idea.

Kathy would give them all "an ear full" ....... possibly not.

No, just give 'em space, soak up the warmth, simply being around nice chums, with a beautiful crew, something nice and chilled to sip and an al fresco lunch to look forward to, views over the sea and land ............. that would sort 'em out.

Hum doesn't want to go to war with anyone, just feelin' the love, feelin' the love........

Anyone for ping pong ?

Put that away man !

Whilst it does feel good to be back in the saddle but oh dear, you're right, the level of this fine tome has sunk to unimaginable depths...fortunately I can't be relied upon to refloat it to anything approaching a high ground of moral and pious sanctimony. For that, I suppose could readers head over to a "sensible" message board.

What a macho, swashbuckling, athletic chap you are dear MACT.

Come, come, you haven't seen a real life version yet!

Talking of "pricks and pomposity" Hum must confess to not hearing such a thing about Putin and the new spy organisation in Edinburgh.

Hum checked it out ......and verily it is true !

A couple of junior, minor SNP "nuts" seem to have been embroiled in it too and one is quoted as saying :

‘As a Scottish Nationalist born and bred, I am hardly unfamiliar with a country’s desire to free itself from the clutches of an imperialist aggressor... More than any country, we [the Scots] have known what it means to be dictated to by another country and told that our culture, language and traditions are inferior.’

What (the proverbial) is the mad woman going on about ??

Fruit and nutcases the lot of them...everyday we're subjected to claptrap like this through compliant news medium...probably just like in Putinland.

Up here there is a call for more thoughtful, learned, astute politicos like down south...Corbyn, Khan, Dianne Abbott, that Liberal chap leading his party of two or so MP'S whom no-one can remember his name...ahh, the nutter allergy is spreading.

Hum doesn't want to go to war with anyone, just feelin' the love, feelin' the love........

Anyone for ping pong ?

Put that away man !

Ping pong...oh yes! It reminds me of an eye opening experience when as a young man discovering the delights of the grown up world in London I did happen to find myself in an "establishment" in Dean Street, Soho, (dragged in by reprobates, mind), to take in a little "London culture". The acts only lasted a few minutes but very tasteful in their own right, nothing smutty...until the ping pong balls emerged as the late night "piece du resistance".

Haven't played ping pong since without a little smile on my face.

How about a mass ping pong game on the US/MEXICAN border...use the soon to be erected wall as the net?

I see we may already have a Brigadier to keep score and order.