kettles in cabin?

ksav

Hi everyone, we are sailing on Radiance soon and was wondering if there are kettles in the cabins? We were on the Brilliance a couple of years ago and they did. Thanks guys

Hi everyone, we are sailing on Radiance soon and was wondering if there are kettles in the cabins? We were on the Brilliance a couple of years ago and they did. Thanks guys

They put kettles in JS category and better staterooms. I believe they also put kettles in all staterooms during the time the ship is sailing from the UK and Australia.

Okay, I confess I have no idea what's being talked about. What kind of kettle? For what use? Kettles I'm thinking of would need a stove or hotplate?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

It's an electrically powered container which brings water up to boiling point. There is a spout which permits you to transfer the hot water into a mug, cup or tea pot.

It's a very popular and standard addition to British hotel rooms. We do so enjoy a fresh cup of tea in the morning.

Back to the original question of whether there will be a kettle in the cabin. If you are in steerage or up to a certain level ( one below JS as informed clarea) then there is no kettle and they frown upon you bringing your own travel kettle.

Which gives you the options of using room service or taking the chance of being frowned upon and bringing your own travel kettle.

It's an electrically powered container which brings water up to boiling point. There is a spout which permits you to transfer the hot water into a mug, cup or tea pot.

It's a very popular and standard addition to British hotel rooms. We do so enjoy a fresh cup of tea in the morning.

Thanks, honestly didn't know that - guess we've missed that. I wonder if your cabin steward would/could find you one if you're not in the proper category cabin? We may ask next time, DW loves her morning tea, I'm a coffee guy myself.