Kids menus

Paula B

I have a grandson that is not a good eater and we will be on the Royal next month. We would all like to eat in the dining room but, would like to know what the kids menus has

on it. Thanks in advance. Paula B.

Here is an old list. It should be pretty much the same now.

ALPHABET SOUP

Pasta letters swimming in a sea of chicken broth

GARDEN SALAD

The Power Rangers flex their muscles on the greens plucked from the Princess vegetable patch

SPAGHETTI SNAKES

Slippery, slithering rattler noodles with meat balls and tomato sauce

HIGH SEAS HOT DOG

A real "Wiener"! Our plump, 100% beef hot dog is served on a bun with all the condiments, including coleslaw, potato chips or steak fries

BUCCANEER BURGER

The juiciest quarter pounder afloat. Served plain or with chesse and a big side order of French fries

CHICK-CHICK-CHICKEN FINGERS

A hands-down favorite at Princess Cruises dipped in BBQ sauce or ranch dressing

FISH STICKS

Swords from the sea wage a winning battle with ketchup or a creamy tartar sauce and a heap of shoestring potatoes

LOVE BOAT VOLCANO

A mountain of ice cream erupting with heaps of hot fudge, sliced banana and whipped cream with a bright red cherry on top

CRUISE CHIPS

A delicious, chewy cookie packed full of rich chunks of chocolate to be scarfed down by themselves or as a sandwich with vanilla ice cream

FRUIT SALAD

The fresh, juicy colorful mix that makes Barney big, strong and happy

ORANGE JUICE, APPLE JUICE, OR A GLASS OF "MOO" (We have chocolate syrup too....)

The main dining room is every child's dream as they can have anything of the adult menu or the children's menu or a mixture of both. My two love ordering the steak and my youngest often orders off the main menu. Waiters are very accommodating and if your son orders something and doesn't like it one night don't panic, the waiters will be over in a shot offering an alternative which will swiftly arrive.

Cruising gives children a real chance to try new things, if they don't like the starter, no worries, they won't starve and the main course will follow. My two love the soup.

If your grandson can have the same thing every day if he wants!

I should also mention that adults can order off the kid's menu, too. On very long cruises, we sometimes tire of the same menus and order a garden salad instead of one on the adult menu. Refreshing change of pace. I've also ordered spaghetti and meatballs. It's good!

My daughter has been pretty picky. And a few cruises, she seemed to live on pizza (from the poolside pizzeria) or hot dogs plus bread in the Horizon Court. But on the last cruise, she decided to be more adventurous at age 15 and tried all sorts of food.

• 3 months later...

Great choices! Our youngest son, age 8 is kind of picky too. LOL

My son is also picky - most nights he would want "pasta with butter". They were more than willing to accommodate this request.

One of my 8 yr olds favorite meals. :)

My mom -- 90 -- will often order from the Children's Menu. She's not a fan of all the fancy sauces and seasonings used on the "adult" food.

You can always ask for things without sauce... for kids or adults!