Westerdam May 2nd repositioning cruise

philbob84

Hey all,

So I was reading the news paper today and saw what I thought was a great deal for a 1 day repositioning cruise from Victoria BC to Seattle. They had it for $69 per person for the cruise. I mentioned it to some friends and family and they all seemed intrested. I was just curious about the feasibility of taking the Victoria Clipper from Seattle to Victoria BC and then boarding the ship. Would there still be time to enjoy the city? Will there be time to enjoy the ship? Is it worth the price? while adversited it says its "$69" but when taxes and the VC tickets are taken into account its almost 400 dollars. Is that fair for a long weekend? I look foward to hearing some input from you all!

Good morning,

As far as I'm concerned time on a cruise ship is never too much of a hassle! I hadn't seen the repositioning out of Victoria but that would be cool. I live about 90 minutes north of Seattle and sailing out of Seattle is so easy. Victoria is fun to wander around and explore. Have you cruised before?

Karen

Possibly not since you are making it a long weekend.

We have done the full repositioning cruises from Ft Lauderdale to Seattle. We had people get on the ship in Victoria and get off in Seattle. (It was on the Westerdam.)

Those people who did the 1 day cruise were required to take their own luggage off the ship. Since you are making it a weekend trip, will you be able to handle a small suitcase(s) yourself(yourselves)?

Possibly not since you are making it a long weekend.

We have done the full repositioning cruises from Ft Lauderdale to Seattle. We had people get on the ship in Victoria and get off in Seattle. (It was on the Westerdam.)

Those people who did the 1 day cruise were required to take their own luggage off the ship. Since you are making it a weekend trip, will you be able to handle a small suitcase(s) yourself(yourselves)?

I'm not a light packer but how much stuff do you need for one day :D.

hey all thanks for the reply we are just all going to have a carry on (no big electronics other then a phone and charger, khakis pants and evening shirt, jeans and day shirt then a some swim trunks and maybe a extra pair of underwear and socks.. we have two options one is to take the bolt bus to Vancouver and then the Ferry to Victoria or plan 2 is to take the clipper. we are using our families time share so we would arrive a day early and wouldnt have to worry about a place to stay the day before the cruise.

It's a wonderful plan. Repositioning cruises are a wonderful way for you to try out a ship or a line without investing too much of a commitment. That's how we first tried HAL. We won a repositioning from San Diego to Vancouver in an auction. It was a great way to try out HAL without investing too much time or money. We learned that we really like HAL and have booked future cruises.

I'm planning on doing this as work is requiring me in victoria (from Seattle) for an early afternoon meeting. A tip, booking the clipper ticket through amtrak will save you $10 (not sure if thats AAA discount or not). Just make sure you select the seattle ferry dock as origin point and victoria ferry dock as destination.

The ship doesn't leave until midnight so very little danger in missing it. I'm using it as a nicer way to get back home than the clipper or a flight.

NOW that sounds like a great plan!:D What do you do for work by the way? and thanks all. Also CBR that is what I thought also its a way to see if you like the cruise lines culture and its only a day or two versus a whole week so it doesnt really "effect" your life.

Edited by philbob84

NOW that sounds like a great plan!:D What do you do for work by the way? and thanks all. Also CBR that is what I thought also its a way to see if you like the cruise lines culture and its only a day or two versus a whole week so it doesnt really "effect" your life.

I work as a highway and rail engineer for a multinational company. Victoria is home to the Victoria Transportation Policy Institute, a think tank/research so to speak. Might have to stay up late as I enjoy watching the ship leave and arrive.