Tableclothes, Whats the big deal?

cruisin chef

Ehhhhhhh. Not a deal breaker for me. It does take a LITTLE something away from the whole MDR experience.

We are on the Breeze in July and they are not on the new menus, so I'm a happy girl. Not thrilled we have the same menu as last year, but will deal. ;)

I guess I understand that. I actually prefer no tablecloths when I go out to eat because I am always scared to spill things. lol

I equate it to using your home dining room, on Easter, Mothers Day! Christmas, or Thanksgiving, and not having a table dressing. I've only seen bare tables in diners, but they have placemats.

I don't have a tablecloth on my table at home because I like the beautiful, natural wood to show through. Tablecloths to me are as old fashioned as bedspreads.

I like the pictures that I've seen so far of the Glory without them. But I will render my final verdict after my May cruise.

I don't have a tablecloth on my table at home because I like the beautiful, natural wood to show through. Tablecloths to me are as old fashioned as bedspreads.

I like the pictures that I've seen so far of the Glory without them. But I will render my final verdict after my May cruise.

I agree. I like the idea of table cloths for elegant night. I am on Glory next month, I promise pictures

I have never been on a cruise, but I don't understand the outrage over no tableclothes.

The outrage some feel has more to do with change then tablecloths. Some people simply don't like change and become critical over what others perceive as absurd things...like tablecloths.

I guess it would not be a deal breaker for us either, but tablecloths do look nice and they add more to the aura of being on a "luxury" vacation and being pampered.

Again, the photos I saw of the tables look nice, but reminds me more of Applebees or TGIF Fridays, and to me that is nothing special.

It really is the menu I'm more concerned about. The selections seem limited as opposed to the older menu.

I'd be eating a lot of flat irons and chicken, I fear :(

Again, even with the changes, Carnival will still be in our cruise mix. When we live it first hand is when a educated decision can be made.

I equate it to using your home dining room, on Easter, Mothers Day! Christmas, or Thanksgiving, and not having a table dressing. I've only seen bare tables in diners, but they have placemats.

Ive never used a table cloth in my house or my parents house.. Actually mom has one for christmas decor than when we eat she takes it off..

OP

Some people just like there table cloth aka big napkin

I guess it would not be a deal breaker for us either, but tablecloths do look nice and they add more to the aura of being on a "luxury" vacation and being pampered.

It really is the menu I'm more concerned about. The selections seem limited as opposed to the older menu.

I do like the idea of tablecloths.

I have a huge collection of tablecloths that I use in my home.

They change the whole mood of the table.

Like I did something a bit special and did the table up for my family or guests.

I have read that bare tables are now in vogue in some places.

But tablescaping is a huge thing now too.

Just google tablescapes and see.

I have also not encountered the new menu.

From what I can tell it has a whole lot of fried things.

I like pub grub, but trying to keep my weight semi under control and I just do not do fried stuff.

Maybe you can bring some on your next cruise.

I do like the idea of tablecloths.

I have a huge collection of tablecloths that I use in my home.

They change the whole mood of the table.

Like I did something a bit special and did the table up for my family or guests.

I have read that bare tables are now in vogue in some places.

But tablescaping is a huge thing now too.

Just google tablescapes and see.

I have also not encountered the new menu.

From what I can tell it has a whole lot of fried things.

I like pub grub, but trying to keep my weight semi under control and I just do not do fried stuff.

It's not a deal breaker for me. However, I enjoy having an elegant table waiting for me the 7 days a year I cruise. I'm in my mid (OK late) 30's and I think that cruising has become too casual. I enjoyed my early cruises when people really dressed up on formal night. It takes me out of my element and really makes me feel like I am on vacation.

The other 357 days a year I'll use my wooden table at home.

Maybe you can bring some on your next cruise.

Ha, Ha, Ha, just something else I'll have to throw in my suitcase...along with my duck tape and shoe pocket hang over the store thingy...wait...I really do bring those things!:eek: LOL!

Ha, Ha, Ha, just something else I'll have to throw in my suitcase...along with my duck tape and shoe pocket hang over the store thingy...wait...I really do bring those things!:eek: LOL!

Bungee cord?

Highlighter?

Zip ties?

Clorox wipes?

Crock pot?

Ive never used a table cloth in my house or my parents house.. Actually mom has one for christmas decor than when we eat she takes it off..

OP

Some people just like there table cloth aka big napkin

I can't believe I have to respond to say we cover the dining room table only when we use it on those occasions, but I guess I was wrong.

some people just like to create a big deal about nothing. I guess some like the drama. I don't get the big deal about table cloths. I just went to a restaurant (Prime Quarter steakhouse) pretty upscale...no table cloths. didn't affect the service, price, or food.

you didn't have a problem with your silverware sitting on the bare table which may or may have not been cleaned properly?