Cabin by the lifts - Noisy?

babs135

Just booked a crossing on the QM2 and we've been allotted a forward cabin by the lifts. Will it be noisy? There will be 3 adults in the cabin, so I suspect the choice of position is slightly limited.

Seems churlish to moan about this when we have friends who would 'kill' for the chance to have any holiday of any type whatsoever, but it would ease my mind if I thought it was okay.

Just booked a crossing on the QM2 and we've been allotted a forward cabin by the lifts. Will it be noisy? There will be 3 adults in the cabin, so I suspect the choice of position is slightly limited. Seems churlish to moan about this when we have friends who would 'kill' for the chance to have any holiday of any type whatsoever, but it would ease my mind if I thought it was okay.
Hi babs135, I've had cabins near lifts on a few occasions on QM2 and never heard the lifts "bing" or "bing-bong", not once :) .

The cabin doors have a solid feel and close securely, this seems to help cut down most noise from the cabin passageways (very, very occasionally I've heard noisy children running and shouting or, on one QV cruise late at night, a couple of loud (drunk?) passengers on their way back to their cabin (and not, one would hope, to another bar :eek: )).

Hope this helps, Bon Voyage, have a great crossing :) .

(Edited to add: Sorry, just noticed you've sailed on QM2 before, so you'll know about the cabin doors :o )

Edited by pepperrn

We had 3 cabins on the QM2 on deck 11 - 11071, 73, and 75.

These weren't noisy at all and we found them very convenient saving a long trek up the corridor.

It was a transatlantic and thankfully there weren't any kids running up and down the corridors but we thought the position was great. On deck 11, there was no overhang on these cabins either from deck 12 above which I know you get from some further midships.

We also used the panoramic lift at the front of the ship for access directly from deck 7 which we found extremely convenient too.

I've never had a problem being near lifts on the QV/QE either as we've had Q3's and PG's in the centre.

The one place I would worry about if I got a room near the lifts would be in Las Vegas but certainly not on a Cunard ship.

Edited by Lynnewob

Currently on QM 2. The stateroom is not the first one you see on exiting the lift but the next one. I can hear pings during the night but they aren't bothersome. I'm a light sleeper. The doors banging are more bothersome and they can happen everywhere.

As an aside, I'm on a hosted table. Now that is a treat.