Poll-How Much Would You Give The Triumph Passengers?

JustCruiseMe

How Much Would YOU Award The Triumph's Passengers?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Would YOU Award The Triumph's Passengers?

• Nothing they've had enough!
    • 500.00 One Time Payment
    • 1000.00 One Time Payment
    • 5000.00 One Time Payment
    • 1000.00 One Time Payment
    • 5000.00 A Month For Life (What they are asking for)

Your poll is wrong. They are asking for 5K a YEAR for life.

Seriously? That's insane.

Smh

This country and it's lawsuits .... Going to continue to ruin us. I'm all for accountability but I am also about fairness and that is neither fair nor reasonable.

One or 2 days added on doesn't create much of an impact, but 4 days makes a significant impact. If my husband, daughter, and I had been on this trip, the extra days at sea would have additional costs (1) time away from work for 2 people - we would burn vacation time thus preventing a future trip ($2500), (2) the cost of kenneling our dogs ($200), (3) paying the housesitter ($100), (4) paying for child care (we pay for scheduled time even if we don't use it) ($100), and (5) extra parking fees at my home airport ($40). These extra costs total $2,940 so the $1,500 paid to the three of us would not come close to covering these expenses. The extra cruise is nice but having lost 4 vacation days to an extended trip would make vacation planning over the next year difficult. $5,000/month for life is ridiculous, but I do think a one time payment of $5,000 would be reasonable.

I just was in a situation where I couldn't fly out of MIA due to bad weather. If we didn't rent a car and drive home we'd have been stuck in MIA for two extra days. The airline wouldn't have paid for my dogs kennel, time lost from work or any of the other things you listed BUT my travel insurance would have.

Those things are always on you which is why there is travel insurance. Seeing you have ALL those things that would add up due to a trip delay, you shouldn't probably travel without it.

I just was in a situation where I couldn't fly out of MIA due to bad weather. If we didn't rent a car and drive home we'd have been stuck in MIA for two extra days. The airline wouldn't have paid for my dogs kennel, time lost from work or any of the other things you listed BUT my travel insurance would have.

Those things are always on you which is why there is travel insurance. Seeing you have ALL those things that would add up due to a trip delay, you shouldn't probably travel without it.

EXACTLY.... The only thing that those on the cruise should be getting is what their insurance (that they hopefully purchased) will pay them.

An what amazes me, is that nearly 3000 people on the ship, but only 33 are so terribly traumatized and stressed...Good Grief...REALLY???!!! Freeloaders is what these 33 people are, if you ask me!!!!

If you were the judge/jury how much would you give the average passenger besides the refund and future free cruise?

Lawsuits are designed to hold accountable companies that fail to provide a service that is safe. Every passenger on that ship was at risk at some point during the cruise if not daily from numerous different items. Companies are not people. There is no need to feel that "Poor Carnival" is being abused. They aren't real. It's a company. People who run that company made decisions that affected their clients. So the lawsuit is to send a statement and compensate for lost time, lost vacations, lost earnings etc. Every person has a story of a loss. Some might not care. Some might of considered it an adventure.

I see nothign wrong with lawsuits, and I strongly feel companies need to be held accountable.

Lawsuits are designed to hold accountable companies that fail to provide a service that is safe. Every passenger on that ship was at risk at some point during the cruise if not daily from numerous different items. Companies are not people. There is no need to feel that "Poor Carnival" is being abused. They aren't real. It's a company. People who run that company made decisions that affected their clients. So the lawsuit is to send a statement and compensate for lost time, lost vacations, lost earnings etc. Every person has a story of a loss. Some might not care. Some might of considered it an adventure.

I see nothign wrong with lawsuits, and I strongly feel companies need to be held accountable.

Exactly. It should be of no interest to anyone who receives the money, be it the passenger or the lawyer.

It should be of interest to "hurt" the company who sent a ship of disrepair out with passengers on it, into making the vessels safe for ALL that sail on it.

And did they learn their lesson? NO!

The Coast Guard refused to let the ship sail AFTER all the fixes were supposedly made to this ship!

I understand and respect you opinion.

I was on the ship.

I have a 'friend' I paid for her entire trip.

She nor her husband were working for quiet some time. She needed a break.

She is totally behind the lawsuit and as I stated previously the other two individuals that camped out with us were not suffering nor in any danger are part of the lawsuit. The husband was interviewed on TV.

As I stated I want to sue two of them for stressing me out.

My friend received a $500 check and a free cruise. She got a free hotel room in Alabama from the news media. She turned in all other receipts for gas, food etc....

The last time we spoke she wanted medical and lost wages. -- She wasn't working --

My friend who was hurt, has had surgery and lost full use of her ankle. It had pins and rods in it for months.

I see both ends of the spectrum.

These 33 people never used the red bags we were provided on the Triumph cause they are still full of sh!t.

I would have gone on that cruise even if I knew it was going to happen! Full refund, future cruise, cash, and god only knows what else............sign me up! Call me crazy but anytime you take any type of vacation things can happen. NO company can plan for this type of incident and I think most of it was blown totally out of reality. The people that complained the most planned from the very start of the problem to file suit no matter what Carnival would have done for them. Those are exactly the type of people I always pray we are not on a cruise with. And YES we have been on lots of cruises, leave this Saturday for #23, #24 is booked and God willing we will cruise many, many more times.........ALL on Carnival! :)

Exactly. It should be of no interest to anyone who receives the money, be it the passenger or the lawyer.

It should be of interest to "hurt" the company who sent a ship of disrepair out with passengers on it, into making the vessels safe for ALL that sail on it.

And did they learn their lesson? NO!http://www.shipcruise.org/carnival-cruise-wifi-internet-access-rates/The Coast Guard refused to let the ship sail AFTER all the fixes were supposedly made to this ship!

One day you'll realize your comments carry zero weight here. Waste of time H82seaugo.

Edited by gregg204

so I was working a flight today, I opened the bathroom door to check the supplies and one of our passengers pee'd all over the bathroom floor (:eek:). I think i'll sue my airline for emotional distress and probably a UTI. the fact I had to see that is WRONG!! lol. (true story though)

Since people have been giving their opinion. Here is mine. There should have been another place to check on the poll. Unless you were there and experienced it first hand. How about its "none of your business" to check off of that poll. But people insist on giving their opinions so you got mine as well. :):)

I also bring along a ton of wipes, mostly for the drinking binge RUNS, but you never know about noro. Just saying, be prepared, and Im sure others on this cruise were packing Tucks as well and spreading the love. This was probably a blessing extended cruise!

I would have gone on that cruise even if I knew it was going to happen! Full refund, future cruise, cash, and god only knows what else............sign me up! Call me crazy but anytime you take any type of vacation things can happen. NO company can plan for this type of incident and I think most of it was blown totally out of reality. The people that complained the most planned from the very start of the problem to file suit no matter what Carnival would have done for them. Those are exactly the type of people I always pray we are not on a cruise with. And YES we have been on lots of cruises, leave this Saturday for #23, #24 is booked and God willing we will cruise many, many more times.........ALL on Carnival! :)

Yep. You are crazy. While I pride myself on making the best of a bad situation, I would never want to go through that just to get a free cruise. While I think the compensation given was fair, I would never minimalize what these passengers went through.

Since people have been giving their opinion. Here is mine. There should have been another place to check on the poll. Unless you were there and experienced it first hand. How about its "none of your business" to check off of that poll. But people insist on giving their opinions so you got mine as well. :):)

Lol, maybe you can start your own poll and include that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respectively disagree. If they wanted it to be private they should have settled out of court instead of filing a public lawsuit. The fact they are asking to pretty much never have to work a day for the rest of their lives (I could live pretty well on $60,000 a year) I think it gives us the right to weigh in. Of course as long as it doesn't involve bullying or name calling...

Edited by Artemis908