Poll-How Much Would You Give The Triumph Passengers?

JustCruiseMe

How Much Would YOU Award The Triumph's Passengers?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Would YOU Award The Triumph's Passengers?

• Nothing they've had enough!
    • 500.00 One Time Payment
    • 1000.00 One Time Payment
    • 5000.00 One Time Payment
    • 1000.00 One Time Payment
    • 5000.00 A Month For Life (What they are asking for)

I would say...

- Free cruise on any of the sister cruise lines (like Princess) since I don't think I'd ever want to go on Carnival again, but would maybe try a different line.

- Platinum level membership for the VIFP Club.

- Refunds for related flights

Also, did they pay for related medical expenses?

In the end, it was a bad, inconvenient experience. For the most part, I don't think anyone's life was in danger, no one really got hurt. I don't really think they deserve money, but I think they should add some special things to show they care and that they value them as customers.

None of that $5,000 a month crap. Essentially they want Carnival to pay their salaries for life so they will never have to work again. That's RIDICULOUS!

I think Carnival owes them some thing but certainly not $5,000 a month for the remainder of their lives. I guess they are trying for the moon and hoping they get some thing in between. My problem with Carnival is that they had no recovery plans. The alternate power plant was never intended to provide power for the entire ship. So then the question should have been asked: "So how do we take care of 5,000 people for 3 or 4 days or more?" There answer seems to have been" Do nothing."

On every cruise I have been on, we passed many ships night and day. Surely, one of those ships could have provided emergency help, like meals. Maybe I am making this too simple but I do believe there should have been some contingency plan.

So how about $5,000 but for only one month. I think all their pain and suffering should be gone by then.

Your poll is wrong. They are asking for 5K a YEAR for life.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/10/usa-carnival-lawsuit-idUSL1N0M41VJ20140310

"(Reuters) - A group of passengers suing Carnival cruise lines for damages after an engine fire left their ship adrift for days are asking the company to pay $5,000 a month for the rest of their lives for medical bills and mental anguish."

I would say...

- Free cruise on any of the sister cruise lines (like Princess) since I don't think I'd ever want to go on Carnival again, but would maybe try a different line.

- Platinum level membership for the VIFP Club.

- Refunds for related flights

Also, did they pay for related medical expenses?

In the end, it was a bad, inconvenient experience. For the most part, I don't think anyone's life was in danger, no one really got hurt. I don't really think they deserve money, but I think they should add some special things to show they care and that they value them as customers.

None of that $5,000 a month crap. Essentially they want Carnival to pay their salaries for life so they will never have to work again. That's RIDICULOUS!

I agree with everything you say except getting the Platinum status.

I agree with everything you say except getting the Platinum status.

Do you think Platinum perks are too much? Seemed like something Carnival could do that's relatively inexpensive. Especially if people don't cruise more than once a year. It would only be really annoying for current Platinum and Diamond members.

Do you think Platinum perks are too much? Seemed like something Carnival could do that's relatively inexpensive. Especially if people don't cruise more than once a year. It would only be really annoying for current Platinum and Diamond members.

As a Platinum myself I find it annoying. I feel bad for them that they had a bad time but Platinum perks are a little much. Especially since most will never cruise Carnival again.

Base offer of reimbursement for the cruise, one free cruise and $1,000 to cover any possible extra costs incurred.

If anyone suffered a medically proven injury then it's open season.

The signed ticket exempting Carnival from any damages means nothing to the courts in a public relations trial like this. Carnival cannot be happy about this staying in the press. :cool:

As a Platinum myself I find it annoying. I feel bad for them that they had a bad time but Platinum perks are a little much. Especially since most will never cruise Carnival again.

My thought process was just of a way to say, "Hey we know we screwed up but if you continue cruising with us we will make it worth your while." Even if it were just a one level jump from where you were.

While they maybe asking for a lot, the future cruise is crap to some...no pun intended. Many of those passengers will never sail Carnival again especially the plaintiffs. I doubt they'll get what they're asking but you never know. If anyone thinks that the judge isn't going to up their compensation, you're crazy. After all, the lawyers gotta' get paid.

First of all Carnival didn't have to give them ANYTHING! They got a full refund, no sail and sign card charges, a free cruise and 500.00 per person. What else more should they get??

Banned from cruising for life!!!

My thought process was just of a way to say, "Hey we know we screwed up but if you continue cruising with us we will make it worth your while." Even if it were just a one level jump from where you were.

What's the point? Hardly anyone will cruise Carnival again that was on that cruise!

Refunds, future cruise, and an awesome adventure where no one died. If they had listened to the crew even the minor inconvenience they experienced would have been lessened.

Their greed and entitlement caused most of their discomfort.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

And you are wrong. Surprise.

Althoiugh the headline says one thing, the article clearly says $5000 a year.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/11/passengers-suing-carnival-over-crippled-cruise-seek-5000-month-for-life/?intcmp=latestnews

$

any of the 33 passengers involved in the trial complain of lingering emotional issues such as PTSD, anxiety and depression; some have physical ailments they blame on squalid conditions, including leg pain, diarrhea, upper respiratory problems and even aggravated hemorrhoids.

Most of the passengers are seeking $5,000 in damages a year from Carnival for the rest of their lives, claiming they will need continuous medical monitoring because of what happened aboard ship.

Edited by Pine Bluff

First of all Carnival didn't have to give them ANYTHING! They got a full refund, no sail and sign card charges, a free cruise and 500.00 per person. What else more should they get??

In addition, their airfares were taken care of, plus hotel and meals for anyone that had to stay overnight. I suspect it is the lawyer, not the passengers asking for $5,000. a month for life. By the time the lawyer gets his percentage, and taxes are taken out of that $5k, each of the passengers will end up with a fraction of the $5k. While the incident was unfortunate, I believe Carnival has already gone above and beyond compensating their passengers. Truthfully, I hope the lawsuit gets thrown out of court. I wonder, if the lawsuit does go to trial, and it drags out for several days,and the defendants are denied any further compensation, who gets stuck with the bill for court costs? Hopefully it's the money-grubbing law firm.

Edited by beachbum53

If you were the judge/jury how much would you give the average passenger besides the refund and future free cruise?

Passengers got more than just a refund and future free cruise.

"In a statement, Carnival Corp said that while it recognizes its guests experienced uncomfortable conditions, everyone returned safely and were provided with a full refund, a free future cruise and an additional $500 per person."

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=OBR&date=20140311&id=17422405

And how anyone can claim that this caused a urinary tract infection is crazy!

Whoops...didnt see that was already posted.

And I dont think these passengers should get anymore compensation than they already have. But if the court thinks they should then I think it should be a flat dollar amount....not for the rest of their life!

Lookls like the coRrections are beginning to show up.

http://news.msn.com/us/carnival-pass...ed-2013-cruise

EDITOR'S NOTE: The original story erroneously reported that the Carnival Cruise line passengers were asking for $5,000 a month for the rest of their lives. In fact, three are asking for $5,000 a year for life and the rest $2,500 to $5,000 for four to five years.