Poll-How Much Would You Give The Triumph Passengers?

JustCruiseMe

How Much Would YOU Award The Triumph's Passengers?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Would YOU Award The Triumph's Passengers?

• Nothing they've had enough!
    • 500.00 One Time Payment
    • 1000.00 One Time Payment
    • 5000.00 One Time Payment
    • 1000.00 One Time Payment
    • 5000.00 A Month For Life (What they are asking for)

The article seems clear to me. SOME are asking for the lower (:D) amount of $5000 a year, but a group of them are asking for $5000 a month for the rest of their lives. Everybody is right.:)

Kathy

Again incorrect. No one is asking for $5000 a month for life.

Pine Bluff is accurate... but it is still a ton of money:

"They want the money in lump sums based on government tables estimating their life expectancies. Poret, for example, would get about $115,000 and his daughter, who is much younger, an estimated $345,000."

There is definitely discrepancies in the news reporting information. I live in Florida and yesterdays news was still saying the 5k a month for life.

NBC has the update and a breakdown

http://news.msn.com/us/carnival-passengers-sue-for-damages-over-disrupted-2013-cruise

as well as this:

EDITOR'S NOTE: The original story erroneously reported that the Carnival Cruise line passengers were asking for $5,000 a month for the rest of their lives. In fact, three are asking for $5,000 a year for life and the rest $2,500 to $5,000 for four to five years.

Edited by Lace

http://news.msn.com/us/carnival-passengers-sue-for-damages-over-disrupted-2013-cruise

as well as this:

EDITOR'S NOTE: The original story erroneously reported that the Carnival Cruise line passengers were asking for $5,000 a month for the rest of their lives. In fact, three are asking for $5,000 a year for life and the rest $2,500 to $5,000 for four to five years.

Yes, I did see the corrections but I just watched HLN (Robin Meade) reporting 5k a month for life yesterday.

Also Fox News, the Chicago Tribune, and the Washington Times all say 5k a month for life in articles dated 3/11/14.

That is why there is confusion on this board.

as well as this:

Carnival should just pay them what they're asking for. Carnival would do the same thing if roles were reversed.

I believe they have been sufficiently compensated. To complain about stress of hemorrhoids is just plain stupid. Stuff like that doesn't gain them anything.

To the person that complained about hemorrhoids, I think Carnival should give them a tube of Preparation H and call it good!