NCL What a rip off

TNGALOHA

OP: I feel your pain about a price drop. Difficult figuring out when is best time to book cabin and also book airfare if required. And if already booked airfare, how long do you wait until prices come down on cabin. And will they have category cabin you want.

Suggestion: Maybe NCL or a Travel Ins Co should offer price drop insurance to reimburse difference? And if someone does decide to act on my idea: I want a royalty.

Edited by MRBOOKEND

The price for my April cruise went up in my category. I'm glad I bokked when I did. Most other lines will not give you anything after final payment. The $80 was a nice gesture of NCL.

So many complain when they don't get what they feel they deserve, take the $80. It's more than you had prior!

Last July I bought an Apple lap top for my son, he was going off to college. I paid XXX amount for it. In August that very same laptop dropped $200.00. Do you think Apple gave me any money back? Did I except them to give me the difference back? Of course not…………….. Sh*t happens, don't sweat the petty stuff

Just an FYI there are credit cards that offer price protection up to 90 days.

I see a gorgeous evening dress in a store. It's just hit the selling floor. It's my size, looks great on try-on, and I want it now rather than risk my size being sold out. Two months later the store is marking the older dresses down to about half of what I paid. Has the store ripped me off? Should I take the receipt and demand they refund the price difference? Why? The price was agreeable to me at the time it was purchased. If I don't want to pay full retail I could wait for a sale or search the discount outlets.

It's common for cruise lines to heavily discount unsold cabins shortly before departure. That's what is happening here and the less desirable locations are likely the only ones left. You want the selection and choice that comes with early booking but the low pricing that comes with late booking. If it is important to you that you pay the lowest price possible only book very late when the deals are offered. (Assuming your sailing isn't sold out.)

I'm sorry you feel that way but at least NCL offered you something.

What if the price of your cruise suddenly went up? Would you be willing to pay NCL the higher difference?

I'm still waiting for OP's response to your question about what he would be willing to do if the cruise price went up.

Is it possible that there aren't any cabins you could be upgraded to that are the same price as what you originally booked at? Maybe that's why they only offered OBC. Since you were obviously happy with the room choice/price when you booked you should probably take what they offer and be happy to get anything. :cool:

Its just another reason to book direct with the cruise line.

You probably booked with TA because he offered $50 on board and a bottle of cheap vino and you thought you were way of the game.

We see it here all the time people that book with TA's that end up not happy.

Its just another reason to book direct with the cruise line.

You probably booked with TA because he offered $50 on board and a bottle of cheap vino and you thought you were way of the game.

We see it here all the time people that book with TA's that end up not happy.

If it were $50. and a cheap bottle , Id agree with you .

But in most cases its much more than that.

You have to weigh your needs . ;)

Actually, Southwest will give you the lower price. Since they don't charge for changes, if the price goes down we make a "change" from and to the same flight on the same day and they give you a credit toward your next flight you book.

I know some airlines do, but I know United doesn't (Newark airport is a big United hub).

No I am sorry I didn't know how the system worked because I have never had a price on a cruise go down that far or at least I never knew it did. So I really had no idea how any of this works. I thought that they would at least upgrade you, really hadn't expected any OBC just mainly to be upgraded with that big of a difference. Sorry, I may have been on all these cruises but like I said originally I am an easy going person and just go with the flow! A lot of times we are the ones that book at the last minute when the prices go down. The only one that we book early is our Christmas cruise.

We did this one early because we had FCC to use up, the way it turned out I wish we had waited until now to have booked it. Oh well, we live and learn as one person said here today. I will definetly learn from this experience and go on living my life!

Everyone have a great day,

Gerry

Easy going , I understand .. But in the 6+ years here on the boards and almost 30 cruises and you have not come across the topic of price reductions ? Its posted weekly if not hourly..

Thats pretty easy going .. Have a good cruise .. ;)

I see a gorgeous evening dress in a store. It's just hit the selling floor. It's my size, looks great on try-on, and I want it now rather than risk my size being sold out. Two months later the store is marking the older dresses down to about half of what I paid. Has the store ripped me off? Should I take the receipt and demand they refund the price difference? Why? The price was agreeable to me at the time it was purchased. If I don't want to pay full retail I could wait for a sale or search the discount outlets.

Sorry this is unrelated to what OP is talking about but Nordstrom refunds money when items go on sale and Jetblue (and Southwest) refunds money if tickets go on sale :)

No flaming please.

I am beggining to realize why so many people blamed the banks and expected mortgage reductions when real estate prices fell :rolleyes:

Hahahah. That would be even more funny if not so true ..

But the guy said I could afford a 500K house with no job.. ;)

Oh well . The OP was just a bit PO'd it happens..

Edited by mpk218

I don't normally complain about a cruise line but this has me PO'D completely!!

I noticed that my cruise fare for April 6th, 2014 has dropped by $347. for the 2 of us.

When I called NCL (after waiting on the line for over an hour)they said that they will only give you 25% of the difference back. $80.00. No offer of an upgrade or anything else.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told by the supervisor that she couldn't talk to me at all because I had booked this thru a travel agent and that my TA needed to talk to them! HE HAS for 2 long days!!! He is the one that told me that they were only going to give me back $80.00.

REALLY? This is how NCL treats their customers? WOW!!!!

I will be writing a letter to Mr. Sheehan to voice my feelings and letting him know how nasty and rude his supervisors are.

If you are booked on NCL don't plan on getting any money back if your cabin price goes down a lot.

Not a happy person today,

Gerry

That's a bummer! The next category higher must be way over the $347 or they would have upgraded you. Maybe check the price for the next category and if close, have your TA see if you can get an upgrade for free or a small cost. You must have been happy with the price you booked at but it stinks when the price drops that much after final payment. As far as rude customer service, that's the only thing you can complain about really. Enjoy your cruise despite all of this. :D

Is there a place in the cruise contract that says, we will upgrade you,OBC you or refund you the difference, if bookings are slow and we have to lower our prices?? If so, will someone please point it out to me.

That's a bummer! The next category higher must be way over the $347 or they would have upgraded you. Maybe check the price for the next category and if close, have your TA see if you can get an upgrade for free or a small cost. You must have been happy with the price you booked at but it stinks when the price drops that much after final payment. As far as rude customer service, that's the only thing you can complain about really. Enjoy your cruise despite all of this. :D

That is what my TA is checking on now. I understand not giving the money back, that really wasn't what upset me so bad it was the rudeness of the customer service supervisor. After that it just went downhill and I am sorry I posted anything on here, I was just venting. If they do up grade me that will be great if not oh well, I am still going to be on a beautiful ship, in the ocean, and having someone else clean my cabin and cook my meals for a week. You can't beat that!

As far as not knowing about the other posts on money back, I don't normally read this part of CC, I read our roll call and a few other places. The same boards that I post on. Sorry for being so nieve or as my DH would say "Dumb".

Any way, I have gotten over it and have moved on and I wish that ya'll would too. It is over and said and done. I have been educated today and I thank each and everyone of you for being my teacher and I appreciate it.

So to that I say Thank You and have a great day!

Gerry

That is what my TA is checking on now. I understand not giving the money back, that really wasn't what upset me so bad it was the rudeness of the customer service supervisor. After that it just went downhill and I am sorry I posted anything on here, I was just venting. If they do up grade me that will be great if not oh well, I am still going to be on a beautiful ship, in the ocean, and having someone else clean my cabin and cook my meals for a week. You can't beat that!

As far as not knowing about the other posts on money back, I don't normally read this part of CC, I read our roll call and a few other places. The same boards that I post on. Sorry for being so nieve or as my DH would say "Dumb".

Any way, I have gotten over it and have moved on and I wish that ya'll would too. It is over and said and done. I have been educated today and I thank each and everyone of you for being my teacher and I appreciate it.

So to that I say Thank You and have a great day!

Gerry

There could still be a good deal to be had.

Good luck. :)

Edited by biker@sea

Then why was the title RIPOFF and not RUDENESS as you claim?

Actually, I am betting the NCL read the notes attached to your ticket that referenced SEVERAL calls with your TA, as you claim that he worked on it for 2 days. Then YOU call.

Didn't your TA tell you that any and sll contact should be with him? Why would YOU call NCL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk