Honey Stung Chicken or Chicken Tenders??

But back to the original post....is this another attempt to replace a "favorite" item with something cheaper and easier to cook? Hopefully not.

Maybe a temporary shortage of boneless chicken breasts?

In February on Indy, there was a "breaded" chicken breast served in the Windjammer on boarding day. It looked like "Honey Stung Chicken", it tasted like "Honey Stung Chicken", but had a different label/name on the signage. Forget what they called it, but it was definitely "Honey Stung Chicken" in disguise....It was also listed on our room service menus, but I never attempted to order it.

But back to the original post....is this another attempt to replace a "favorite" item with something cheaper and easier to cook? Hopefully not.

Maybe a temporary shortage of boneless chicken breasts?

Maybe Cost Cutting look what happened with Orange Juice,

Royal took a way the Real Stuff and replased it with something inferior to Tang & then brought back the Real Stuff as a PAY Item

This stinks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So I see ... while we are on the subject of disappearing favorites anyone remember the orange salad dressing in the MDR?? It's been a few years I can't rem the last time I had it. Now that was good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I see ... while we are on the subject of disappearing favorites anyone remember the orange salad dressing in the MDR?? It's been a few years I can't rem the last time I had it. Now that was good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was when they would come around with a selection of dressings each night at dinner. Miss those little touches!

Wow. I can't believe this chicken is so popular that it is a topic of conversation. I had it on my last two cruises and absolutely LOVED it. My DW and I looked for it on the rest of the cruise. I did not realize that it was only served on the first day in the WJ. There is usually a sauce next to the chicken which I think is a Teriyaki sauce. A bit salty, but goes really well. Thanks for the info. Well be making our way to the WJ immediately on embarkation in search of the illusive HONEY STUNG CHICKEN!!:D:D

CroozDoggie - As I said in post #2, I really enjoy the stuff a lot on boarding day. It's not fancy food, but it's tasty to ME. I especially enjoy a scoop of mashed potatoes and a small tossed salad with it. If you add a DOD (drink of the day)...I'm ready for sailaway, baby!

There are ENTIRE THREADS devoted to the love of/hatred for Honey Stung Chicken on Royal Caribbean ships...Hilarious!!! :D

That was when they would come around with a selection of dressings each night at dinner. Miss those little touches!

I remember this also. The good waiters would also remember which dressing and how many spoonfuls I liked.

They didn't have it on my Freedom cruise in October on embarkation day. They did have it on my Serenade cruise and I got it because of what I read about it on here and while I did eat it and thought it was ok I didn't think it was so outstanding as folks make it out to be. I could live without it.......Overrated and over hyped! :cool:

CroozDoggie - As I said in post #2, I really enjoy the stuff a lot on boarding day. It's not fancy food, but it's tasty to ME. I especially enjoy a scoop of mashed potatoes and a small tossed salad with it. If you add a DOD (drink of the day)...I'm ready for sailaway, baby!

There are ENTIRE THREADS devoted to the love of/hatred for Honey Stung Chicken on Royal Caribbean ships...Hilarious!!! :D

Hope I didn't sound sarcastic. I totally agree. We love the stuff . I just didn't realize that it was so popular!Thanks for the info. We'll be visiting the HONEY STUNG CHICKEN thread.:D:D

Edited by CroozDoggie

I was on the Grandeur last week and honey stung chicken with sweet potato wedges were offered from the room service menu. I ordered it and received 4 breaded chicken wings. Didn't taste honey at all, but they were pretty good, whatever the ingredients.

They didn't have it on my Freedom cruise in October on embarkation day. They did have it on my Serenade cruise and I got it because of what I read about it on here and while I did eat it and thought it was ok I didn't think it was so outstanding as folks make it out to be. I could live without it.......Overrated and over hyped! :cool:

I have never really seen anyone say it was "outstanding". I think most of the hype came because it use to only be served only on embarkation day for lunch in the Windjammer and many people associated it with the start of their cruise.

I mean afterall, its a frozen breaded chicken pattie made by Tysons. Real similar to the Tysons Anytizers. Nothing special at all.

It is my understanding that HSC use to be a REAL piece of fried chicken. Not a frozen, processed chicken product :o

its not NEAR as hyped as Carnivals Melting Chocolate cake or whatever they call it which I thought was terrible! To each their own though :)

Edited by ryano

I was going to mention that Tyson has a frozen product that tastes pretty darn close. Don't remember what they call it but the grandkids like it. Even if it were identical it would never taste the same as it does in the WJ that first day.

Honey Stung Chicken was replaced with the chicken fingers on our Explorer cruise in December. Also ordered it from the room service menu and received the chicken fingers also. I think that if Honey Stung Chicken were only served on the last day of a cruise it wouldn't be so popular.

Honey Stung Chicken was replaced with the chicken fingers on our Explorer cruise in December. Also ordered it from the room service menu and received the chicken fingers also. I think that if Honey Stung Chicken were only served on the last day of a cruise it wouldn't be so popular.

When you oredered from room service did they tell you that it would be chicken fingers instead? Is it still listed as Honey Stung Chicken? I'm asking because if I wanted chicken fingers do I order the Honey Stung or is chicken fingers listed on the menu?

When you oredered from room service did they tell you that it would be chicken fingers instead? Is it still listed as Honey Stung Chicken? I'm asking because if I wanted chicken fingers do I order the Honey Stung or is chicken fingers listed on the menu?

In December, the Honey Stung Chicken was still on the room service menu. I ordered it and received the chicken fingers. I was not informed of the change when I placed the order which was phoned in.

Has the honey stung chicken been replaced with chicken tenders? Any recent cruisers could you please comment.

Not as of Halloween 2013! ;) I'll let you know when I get back from Jewel, assuming they have had those normally from San Juan.

I have never really seen anyone say it was "outstanding".

I remember first trying it on Navigator in 2009. I got 2 pieces. I would have called one outstanding and the other terrible. ;)

I try really hard not to waste food on a cruise, but on that first day, I'll try to grab 2 good looking pieces and not eat them if they are dry and/ or tough.