Royal Caribbean vs. Celebrity

Muppetmania

So our party of 6 (parents, kids - 3&5, and grandparents) are currently booked on a 4 day LOS cruise next March in 2 OV cabins. I just found a great deal on Celebrity Constellation for 5 days in 2 concierge balcony rooms and am considering switching.

My question is, does anyone have experience with both kids clubs on these lines? Can you please share your stories/tips. Is the lack of the "extras" on Celebrity (no ice skating, movie theatre, etc.) really matter? Is the Dreamworks experience worth it?

Thanks.

I agree! The person paying gets first choice! Frankly, we never use the "bells and whistles" on RCI...and the kids will never miss what they don't see....and I have NEVER felt it necessary to sit in a small theater and watch an old movie on a cruise!

Edited by cb at sea

especially at those ages (3 & 5), they will enjoy the ping pong and shuffleboard activities in addition to the fun factory on celebrity.

As they get older, and possibly cruise more, you may consider whether celebrity has enough to keep them busy or if you need to switch to royal, but even then, it may be more about the itinerary than the ship (like one of our sailings will be a med cruise that will be port intensive on a smaller royal ship since we'll be beat after the long port days).

good luck with your decision, and enjoy your cruise