Group Booking? How many Cabins? Perks?

mattR

I just went thru booking a group for may 23 dawn sailing to bermuda. We ended up having 10 cabins and 22 people in the group. We had 6 suites and 4 balcony rooms. I recieved $1650.00 off my cabin price as the tour conductor. This was the non-commission rate of the most common category of the suites we booked. Also after final payment by everyone they gave $50.00 per staeroom to spend on a list of amenities like dinner, wine,cocktail party,etc.

You need to have a minimum of 8 cabins to qualify for a group. Piece of advise if you are going to do this. Make sure you have real commitments from people and get more then 8 cabins to start with as we had a 2 couples back out when final payment was due. It does take some work to organize and make all the phone calls and e-mails but i was able to get the owners suite w/2 balconies at a very reasonable cost with discount i recieved.

Good luck

I just went thru booking a group for may 23 dawn sailing to bermuda. We ended up having 10 cabins and 22 people in the group. We had 6 suites and 4 balcony rooms. I recieved $1650.00 off my cabin price as the tour conductor. This was the non-commission rate of the most common category of the suites we booked. Also after final payment by everyone they gave $50.00 per staeroom to spend on a list of amenities like dinner, wine,cocktail party,etc.

You need to have a minimum of 8 cabins to qualify for a group. Piece of advise if you are going to do this. Make sure you have real commitments from people and get more then 8 cabins to start with as we had a 2 couples back out when final payment was due. It does take some work to organize and make all the phone calls and e-mails but i was able to get the owners suite w/2 balconies at a very reasonable cost with discount i recieved.

Good luck

I've seen another thread here last week from someone who received the list but had to divide the 50 points towards that list? Will look it up, not into group bookings but that OP was clueless. :)

edit; nevermind, already got solved, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2006573

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Good luck

Another option would have been to share that $1650 among every cabin in your group. We've had that on our past several cruises. Makes a very nice OBC!

And while NCL has a specific group sales department, our PCC has handled the group reservation for us - even finding additional parties to fill the group at the last minute.

I have one right now for the Getaway in January. I have 8 rooms held on my group, but only 3 have actually booked. My group coordinator told me that even if I do not get the 8 rooms, she will keep us as a group and give us the group perks. Of course, in order to get a discount on my room, we need to have the 8 rooms. Their group department is awesome to work with!! If you think you have a group, or may have one, call them up and see what they can do.