Question about NAVIGATOR/Voyager class ships

reading the top ten lists..why does Navigator never make it. Isn't it newer than the Explorer or the Voyager. I have sailed the Voyager a couple years ago mainly because it was the first of that series and featured on the travel channel. Does anyone have a comparison between the Navigator and other voyager class ships? We are on the Navigator in August!

I think it's b/c of the times people have on each ship. I have been on 4 out of the 5 and IMHO Navigator would come last (due to my fun experience) on the ship. Although she is a beautiful ship, and I would sail her again, I had more fun on the other ships. Now I am meaning the people and the entertainment and weather is a factor.

All of these ships are awesome and I would cruise each one of them again, if I could...

You will have a blast, don't worry any cruise is so much fun..some just leave certain impressions then others....

We were on the NOS twice last year and have been aboard the Voyager twice for the "three hour tour". One of the things we like about the NOS is Vintages wine bar--an opportunity to try samples of several different wines, many we would not wish to pay the price for a bottle. In the past I've seen quite a lot about the NOS. I think you will have a fantastic time.

I've been on both VOS and NOS twice eachI think the NOS is more beautiful, especially the Boloeros bar vs. the rather tired-looking Aquarium bar on VOS. Ditto the above poster on Vintages. Also, all the balconies on NOS are plexiglass so you can see through. Not true of all balconies on VOS. ALso, if memory serves, the Windjammer lay-out is better on the NOS. Enjoyed all the cruises!

I've been on Navigator as well as the other Voyager class ships and love the Navigator (and Chops!). No idea why it's not rated better, but everything has always been wonderful onboard!

I love the Navigator and have sailed on it twice. The second time we actually chose the Navigator because of Captain Bang. He is a FANTASTIC captain and runs a perfect ship, in my opinion. I'm sad that he'll be retiring, but I'm grateful to having had the chance to talk to him again this past May. He and his wife are a very special couple!!!

Lynn

I wondered too why it didn't make the top ten. After I did the research as to which ship I was going to go on, I thought the NOS was the best out of all of the voyager class ships, including the Mariner. I think the NOS is prettier than the Mariner, but it's the same ship really.

I had wondered if it was just that there were more people cruising the other voyager class ships than the NOS....or that they tend to post more here....who knows, but it's the best one in my opinion. I am going on it again next year. It's the only voyager class ship I am interested in being on.

My husband and I sailed on the NOS last December and LOVED it! We had a balcony cabin and it was excellent and roomy. We loved the staff and the ship was beautiful. There was so much to do. We are sailing on the Mariner next June and giving that a try! You will have a wonderful time!

Navigator may actually come up less often because it is newer.

Good point. I remember worrying about this too back in January when we booked our June trip.

No need for worry...it is beautiful with lots to do and eat! We had a perfect week.

Enjoy your vacation!

Archived