Wifi on Ocean Princess

sailorgirl

In all cabins just like the other Princess ships.
Princess has offered ship-wide and in-cabin WiFi on all ships for many, many years. I usually book cabins aft of the aft elevators and have always had WiFi. Edited by Pam in CA

Sure is great to get such good, quick answers to one's questions here on the board. Really appreciate all comments. We're in the bow so the signal probably is pretty good. Still eager to know more about Ocean Princess if anyone has comments. Specifically food and the bow penthouses. Looking at this for Norway/Arctic itinerary next year. Thanks.

In concert with the question regarding wifi on the OP, given there are far less passengers on the small ships, has anyone noticed if the ship's Internet service seems to be a bit "peppier"?

It was very good on the Pacific -- even from the middle of the Atlantic. And even when the internet cafe would be full, the speed was still fast. My Kindle also was able to pick up wifi in my cabin with no problems.

In concert with the question regarding wifi on the OP, given there are far less passengers on the small ships, has anyone noticed if the ship's Internet service seems to be a bit "peppier"?

Quite the contrary, at least IME. The internet was the slowest I have ever experienced in my life. We were in the Western Med. and I've seen paint dry faster than the pages were loading. :eek: It was a good 25 mins. per page load IF I was lucky enough to get the page to load at all. The IT manager was really nice and sympathetic, but there was nothing that could be done. Our friends had their iPad with them and it did a little better than the ship's internet cafe. The only time it was faster was when we were in port and even then, it was the typical ship-like dial-up speed.

Obviously Mario and I had completely opposite experiences, proving that the plural of anecdote is not only not data, but not actually useful at all!

Of course, I was on the PP; maybe the OP has slower internet. I was really surprised by how quickly it responded; I even visited the Washington Post's website which is usually a no-no for me on vacation as the pages load s-l-o-w-l-y even on my ultra-fast campus network computer.

Thanks for the inputs!

Well, I can't change things now so I'll take data from the Straits of Malacca, the Indian Ocean, the Arabian Sea, part of the Southern Ocean, the Atlantic, a little bit of the Med and the English Channel.

Edited by beg3yrs