WHY: 7 Day Magic Twice The Price of 5 day Triumph

jtwanabe

Twice the price for only two extra days .... WHY????:confused:

Supply & demand (+ the extra days also maybe different fees associated with home ports & visiting ports, they regularly charge a premium for newer ships too.)

If a lot of people want the one cruise then they can charge more. If no one is booking the other, they drop the prices to fill the ship.

Edited by TheCalicoCat

I'm very disappointed in the prices out of Galveston right now. They are higher than I've ever seen........prices are better out of NOLA, but it's a longer drive and I really prefer Galveston.

Twice the price for only two extra days .... WHY????:confused:

Supply and demanbd. People may be avoiding the Triumph due to its history, so they need to slash the price to fill it. Just speculation.

But you have to watch that. We had 2 ships at one time, with the 7 day cruise $500 less than the 8 day. As a group, we could only do the 7, but that was the cruise where we found out cheap cruises attract cheap cruisers.

Ditto - As you go 'up' in ship, the price goes up to. Smaller classes are lower, (like the Fantasy Class) and the bigger classes are more (Like the Dream class).

Someone mentioned it could be because people don't want to sail the Triumph so the Magic is in more demand. I know we won't sail the Triumph. Not necessarily because of the incidents it has had (but adds to my point) but because it is bad luck in the nautical world to rename a ship. I am a tad superstitious.

Ditto - As you go 'up' in ship, the price goes up to. Smaller classes are lower, (like the Fantasy Class) and the bigger classes are more (Like the Dream class).

Someone mentioned it could be because people don't want to sail the Triumph so the Magic is in more demand. I know we won't sail the Triumph. Not necessarily because of the incidents it has had (but adds to my point) but because it is bad luck in the nautical world to rename a ship. I am a tad superstitious.

Triumph hasn't been renamed. Destiny became Sunshine.

The triumph's repuation isn't exactly the best right now, so take advantage of the lower piricing. The magic is an excellent ship but I'd wait to sail on her until after her dry dock which is coming up!

AZmike480

When did they rename the Triumph?

I've been on the Triumph from Galveston both before and after the "incident." I've always had a good time, the five day itinerary is nice. You get a good day at sea, a day in Progresso, a day in Cozumel, and a nice relaxing day at sea on the way home. Only negative about the Triumph is the lack of an in room fridge. Well, that and all the country music, but i can tune that out.

I've taken the Triumph the last three years. The itinerary, #of days and price just sort of make for the perfect all around cruise

package. I'm a bit of a wet blanket. I don't take advantage of a lot the shows or even eat in the MDR. Just read, snooze and repeat

steps 1 & 2.

This September I'm going to give the Magic a shot. Like I said I'm paying twice the price for half as many days. I hope I come away feeling like it

was worth the extra $$$.

JT

Edited by jtwanabe

Bad Reputation, Slashed Prices...

Really? What sailings are the prices slashed?

The Triumph is priced at or higher than other Carnival cruises for the same duration and comparable ports. It also sails full from Galveston on every departure.

No doubt the cruise to Alabama was a mess, but the return of the Triumph has been stellar for passenger counts sailing from Galveston.

Edited by BallFour4

I've been on the Triumph from Galveston both before and after the "incident." I've always had a good time, the five day itinerary is nice. You get a good day at sea, a day in Progresso, a day in Cozumel, and a nice relaxing day at sea on the way home. Only negative about the Triumph is the lack of an in room fridge. Well, that and all the country music, but i can tune that out.

C&W would've been infinitely preferable to the cr*p the DJ was playing in December:eek:

It'll be interesting next year, bigger RCCL ship, Galveston's expanding the cruise terminals then Houston is getting seasonal ships too. Competition might help the prices as well.

Also, look at the ports. Triumph really only does those 4 day to cozumel and 5 day to progresso and cozumel trips. Progresso probably pays lines to make an appearance and Cozumel is probably cheap to dock in, or they would not include it in every itinerary that includes the word "western". Magic goes to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel on one sailing, and Belieze, Roatan, and Cozumel on another. Both of those are going to be expensive with the tendering process, and the attractive ports (Grand Cayman and Roatan are two of our favorite ports).

Well for us the Triumph is just right .....we don't like the newer bigger loaded ships and 5 days with extra days in Galveston give us a good 7-10 day vacation...

As for the bad reputation of Triumph, until you have sailed her, you can't know what a great ship, crew, and food she has...recently had a friend that always sails Triumph and chose Magic for their last cruise and stated No More Magic for them...so it is all in the eyes of each individual, and Triumph must not be banned by too many people...sails full every sailing!!!!!