Expense account

Freedom2014

Yes, you can.

Just curious as to why the question? May be because you have low limit credit card and want to preserve the "holds"?

If thats the case, then yes. Start with cash, then sometime during the week, if needed, you could finish with a CC. You'll still get hit with a "Hold" though.

Or, you could just go cash all the way.

You can go to Carnivals website and purchase "Cruise Cash" to set aside some credit for your on board account. Let's say you want $200. You go online, purchase $200 of Cruise Cash,,, when you board the ship, it will show a $200 credit to your on board account.

Remember though that Cruise Cash is non refundable. So, if you plan on spending $500 on board the ship,,,, I would make sure you don't buy more than $300 or $400 in Cruise Cash.

Yes...but you still require a credit card when you check in.

I believe you may be mistaken. A credit card is NOT required to check in. It is possible to sail with cash. You just have to go through the hoops of always adding more cash to your account.

I believe you may be mistaken. A credit card is NOT required to check in. It is possible to sail with cash. You just have to go through the hoops of always adding more cash to your account.

My last Carnival cruise....my intentions were the same...using cash. When we checked in, the lady asked for a CC. I said we were using cash. She said they still needed a CC. When I asked why....she gave a few reasons. The one's I remember:

1. Damages

2. Theft

3. Smoking in cabin ..clean up charges

I know there were more....just cannot remember them.

I just sailed the Dream in February and we used strictly cash. I did not have to link a credit card to my sign and sale account. I did however have to put additional funds on my account periodically. Easy to do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We have always used cash / on board credit. We have never been asked for a credit card. That may be a new policy. However, when you do your online check in, when you select the cash option, it does NOT state that you will also be required to present a credit card to be used for damages, etc:)

We always use cash and for the last several cruises we have bought and used Carnival gift cards, when asked for a CC I simply tell them I am using cash never a problem. You just have to go to the pursers desk and give them the cash or in our case the gift cards.

We have always used cash and never been asked for a credit card. Also, you can use the kiosk to put cash on your account and never have to go to guest services. Also, you have until a certain time the first evening to add money. I believe it was 10 pm. So, we boarded and were able to get DOD's, etc. I didn't add cash at the kiosk until after dinner and had no problems.

We have always used cash and never been asked for a credit card. Also, you can use the kiosk to put cash on your account and never have to go to guest services. Also, you have until a certain time the first evening to add money. I believe it was 10 pm. So, we boarded and were able to get DOD's, etc. I didn't add cash at the kiosk until after dinner and had no problems.

I love the kiosk. Nice way to access your account if you are not on a ship that has the info on your room tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No you do not. I do cash accounts on every cruise and never use a credit card. We buy the cash cards and just put them on our account thru the kiosk when we board. (Carnival cash cards) When we run low we just add more money thru the kiosk.

Edited by deborahjo

We also use only cash now. This last cruise (Splendor out of NY in Feb) we had to put cash on at the pier when we checked in (usually we didn't do that till we boarded), but it made it onto our cards. We also only put down $100 or $200 dollars no matter what the length of the cruise and have never been questioned. I find it helps keep my spending down if I have to watch the cash :o Wayyy to easy to just hand over a Sign & Sail! If I need to add cash, I just stop at the kiosk or Guest Services.

Incorrect

My bIL has zero credit , no card at all and is always cruising carnival he always sets up a cash acct

A bit of a hassle as he goes to the desk to add more funds.

We joke with him all the time ,he owed so much mony to so many that he has zero credit and but for some reason he won't just put 500 on the first day instead electing to put it on thru out the cruise

Guess he is concerned that maybe some how he get screwed if if left money on the table and had to wait to get it back

We keep telling him carnival is not like him they pay there bills

The kiosks must be something new since we last sailed on Carnival. It has been quite a while. Where are these normally located? We leave this weekend on Breeze.

Can someone tell me where the kiosk is located? I did purchase a e-gift card. Can they apply that to my account when I check-in at boarding time or do I need to wait until I am onboard after check-in?