Booking Hotel in Seattle Pre-Cruise

Juicy2143

You book now. Or should have booked by now. Then if a cheaper price comes along, you re-book.

Thanks. I just booked a room at Hotel Five, can cancel up until the day before. Anyone stayed here before?

Thanks. I just booked a room at Hotel Five, can cancel up until the day before. Anyone stayed here before?

Yes - it's part of the Pineapple Hospitality chain who own the perennial-Tripadvisor-favourite The Maxwell. Small rooms, very bold decor, but comfy beds and some higher-end extras like fancy 'pod' coffee machines. Would stay again at the right price.

Jucy, We're on the same cruise as you are, we are getting in on the 21st, and booked the Hotel Max, I had a hard time trying to figure out where to stay, never been to Seaattle, but looking forward to it..

Jucy, We're on the same cruise as you are, we are getting in on the 21st, and booked the Hotel Max, I had a hard time trying to figure out where to stay, never been to Seaattle, but looking forward to it..

We are getting in the 22nd. I was getting frustrated trying to pick one that was decent and not costing a lot since it is only for one night.

Sometimes the Space Needle/Seattle Center hotels are a bit cheaper. Price the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Or the Quality Inn which is an older property but has been partially renovated, or maybe totally.

These hotels are within several blocks of the Seattle Center where you can catch the monorail. It will drop you at Westlake Center at 5th/Pike in less than 5 minutes. So its a convenient location.

Another option is Silver Cloud, Lake Union. Our office uses it for our out of town clients. They have a free shuttle that drops off at popular destinations downtown which is less than 5 minutes away. There's a park at the lake and several nice restaurants. It's fun to watch the motor boats, kayaks, and seaplanes.

Edited by mapleleaves

one thing is for sure, hotels in seattle are expensive. we are cruising in august, and booked sometime ago, at the Edgewater.. I have watched it climb steadily since we booked it...

Once you've got what you think is a great deal, check out backbid.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

one thing is for sure, hotels in seattle are expensive. we are cruising in august, and booked sometime ago, at the Edgewater.. I have watched it climb steadily since we booked it...

Seattle and Vancouver during the Alaska cruise season are much like Fort Lauderdale during the winter....expensive. But know would be a good time to be watching the likes of Hotwire, Priceline and Last Minute Travel for Deals on May dates.

Most of the hotels in downtown are expensive, if you are flying in look at hotels around the airport, most offer a cruise package, where a shuttle to cruise port is included in the price, if you want to sightsee you can take the light rail into downtown, it's about $5.50 round trip per person. We live near Seattle and spend a lot of time there, most of the time over night, so if you have any questions please ask.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

We will be in Seattle in September for our Alaskan cruise. I spent hours and hours researching hotels close to things to do downtown and close to the cruise port. Everything in that area is expensive and a LOT of them charge extra for WiFi. After comparing many different places and looking at reviews I ended up booking the Inn at Market. It looks great and close to many things and we can walk to the cruise terminal. Reviews were good and the price included WiFi. It's always a hit and miss if you don't know the area.

We will be in Seattle in September for our Alaskan cruise. I spent hours and hours researching hotels close to things to do downtown and close to the cruise port. Everything in that area is expensive and a LOT of them charge extra for WiFi. After comparing many different places and looking at reviews I ended up booking the Inn at Market. It looks great and close to many things and we can walk to the cruise terminal. Reviews were good and the price included WiFi. It's always a hit and miss if you don't know the area.

I stayed at the Inn at the Market last weekend .... for a family get-together. Wonderful place! we had views of the Bay from our window so we enjoyed watching the tourists at the Market, but mostly enjoyed watching the ferries and sailboats. And the view from the rooftop deck is fantastic. We went down the Pike Place Brewery one evening ... good beer, great crab dip. Westlake Center is only 3 blocks away so easy enough to reach the monorail to Seattle Center/Space Needle.

Another option to price is the Silver Cloud Lake Union. Our office uses it for out of town clients. It's not downtown but on Lake Union so a fun place to watch the boat traffic and scheduled seaplanes. Good restaurants on the waterfront. Free b'fast, free laundry machines, a pool, and their van will drop you off a popular spots downtown or you can use the streetcar to get downtown.

Hi all, I'm going on cruise to Alaska out of Seattle May 17 but coming in 1 day early and I booked a room at the Downtown springhill Marriot for $149 w free breakfast. Im taking the light rail from airport to The Center for $2.75 and the hotel said they will pick me up w their free shuttle. I never stayed there but its supposed to be 1 mile from pier but I hear its very hilly area to walk but hotel gives you free shuttle. Anyone know any further info on this hotel. Sounded good to me:D Also, I never took this light rail and Its right there at airport. Figured $2.75 is better than taxi.

After I posted above, I did some checking. Ok, my hotel was $149 but is now $169. I booked it 2 months ago. I called the hotel, Spring Hill Suites by Marriot Downtown Seattle. They do have a free shuttle bus to take you to Westlake, space needle, and pike market. They also have a deal with a shuttle company to take you to cruise pier for just $7. I decided NOT to take the light rail because i went to http://www.flatrateforhire.com and its $29 for the both of us and our luggage from airport to hotel. Free breakfast also. All the rooms are suites with living room, microwave, fridge, and looks really nice on website. When you are done shopping or touring around, you call the hotel and they send a free shuttle bus to get you from pike or westlake center, etc. Hopes this helps someone

• 2 weeks later...

We are a party of 5-2 adults, 2 seniors, 1-15 year old. One uses uses a mobility scooter. We are driving to the cruise port in Seattle and need 1: have an inexpensive place to park the car for the duration

2: find a hotel close to Pike Place Market, maybe downtown, for some walking site seeing.

I fear that if we stay at an airport hotel we won't get transportation for the scooter to get downtown, then the cost of transporting all our luggage and us to the port. With needing 2 rooms, I am looking for something as less as possible in price.

Any suggestions?

The young one wants to walk around Seattle, see Pikes Place, Seattle Center, down town. It is a big thing for her-never been to a big city!!!:)

I spent HOURS researching hotels in the downtown area of Seattle trying to find a decent price that was walking distance to port, to the Space Needle, to Pikes Market, etc. If you want to be close to things like that it's not cheap. I had to raise my budget a lot to get what I wanted. I spent a lot of time on Tripadvisor and Travelocity comparing places. Both of those sites you can search with a lot of different criteria. I searched by how close the place was to the cruise terminal and then narrowed my search by how much I wanted to pay. I searched for at least a 3 star. I read reviews. The Inn at Market Place is not cheap but it met everything I wanted, including free WiFi.

Maybe somebody else has suggestions for you. As far as the parking I honestly can't help. You might google "cruise parking in Seattle". I know the terminal has parking but I don't know how much per day.

Good luck with your search and enjoy your cruise.

We are a party of 5-2 adults, 2 seniors, 1-15 year old. One uses uses a mobility scooter. We are driving to the cruise port in Seattle and need 1: have an inexpensive place to park the car for the duration

2: find a hotel close to Pike Place Market, maybe downtown, for some walking site seeing.

I fear that if we stay at an airport hotel we won't get transportation for the scooter to get downtown, then the cost of transporting all our luggage and us to the port. With needing 2 rooms, I am looking for something as less as possible in price.

Any suggestions?

The young one wants to walk around Seattle, see Pikes Place, Seattle Center, down town. It is a big thing for her-never been to a big city!!!:)

The port has secure parking at both cruise terminals. Which cruise line are you taking? https://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Pages/default.aspx

Look at the Maxwell hotel - http://www.themaxwellhotel.com/ or the Silver Cloud on Lake Union - http://www.silvercloud.com/seattlelakeunion/ - both of which have free parking. The Maxwell is basically across the street from Seattle Center (Space Needle, Chihuly etc.) while the Silver Cloud is a short walk from the South Lake Union streetcar to the downtown core.

Pike Place, no "s."