Nellie's Beach Cabanas & Barefoot Beach Buffet

I had an over-the-water cabana at Nellie's Beach last week in Labadee. I was totally expecting to not have the big bottles of water in the cooler in our cabana and to not be able to go to Barefoot Beach for lunch.

Well sure enough when we got there our cabana attendant showed us the cooler with the 5 big bottles of water and then gave us the wrist bands to go over to Barefoot Beach for the buffet with the shrimp skewers, steaks, etc.

Did something change? I though they were taking that away.

On a side note, we had 4 people in our cabana and it was very comfortable for the 4 of us. Others had 6-8 people and looked too crowded, like you could almost not even enjoy it. I'll definitely do it again as long as there are only 2-4 of us in our cabana.

When did you reserve your cabana? RCI is still honoring reservations made before October 5, 2013 for Nellie's Beach Cabanas to include the upgraded buffet. If you made your reservation before that date, you would be entitled to the wristbands that let you into the buffet on Barefoot Beach.

When did you reserve your cabana? RCI is still honoring reservations made before October 5, 2013 for Nellie's Beach Cabanas to include the upgraded buffet. If you made your reservation before that date, you would be entitled to the wristbands that let you into the buffet on Barefoot Beach.

Wow, you are right. I booked the cruise on September 17th and then I reserved the cabana on October 4th. I guess we just made it.

hi we just came back from the indy and booked a cabana in jan but our cruise was booked in feb or march 2013. we got wristbands and water. so is it when you booked cruise or cabanana?

I believe the cut off date is based on when you booked the cabana.

I am sending this response as a follow-up to your recent correspondence to our executive offices and regret I was unable to reach you via telephone earlier as planned.

We appreciate your comments regarding the amenities associated with the cabana rentals in Labadee and regret the displeasure conveyed.

Please understand the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Please note that guests who have purchased a private cabana on Nellie’s Beach will still have exclusive use of their cabana for the day. Other cabana amenities include a built-in ceiling fan, luxury resort-style lounge chairs, two floating mats, beach towels, a water cooler with six bottles of water and a personal cabana attendant. Guests in these cabanas are invited to join the beach barbeque buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café and Café Labadee. Guests who have already purchased private cabanas at Nellie’s Beach prior to October 4, 2013 will still be able to access Barefoot Beach’s upgraded beach barbeque buffet.

We truly hope our guests will enjoy a memorable day during their call at Labadee, one of Royal Caribbean’s highest-rated Caribbean destinations and private beach paradise located on the northern coast of Haiti. The destination features five beaches, a Haitian artisan market, an extensive array of watersports options, as well as exciting attractions such as the 2,600-foot Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, the world’s longest zip line over water, the 300-foot Dragon’s Splash Waterslide, and the Dragon’s Tail Alpine Coaster.

You are correct Bob

You are correct Bob

The info from RCI is not 100% correct. We cruised in December 2013 and were able to get a cabana at Barefoot Beach with the amenities as we are D+. We applied for it once on board with the Concierge and received the reservation the evening before Labadee.

Also, Pinnacle C&A members having Gold cards are authorized access to Barefoot Beach and the amenities - cabana optional ;)

Edited by Scotty G

The info from RCI is not 100% correct. We cruised in December 2013 and were able to get a cabana at Barefoot Beach with the amenities as we are D+. We applied for it once on board with the Concierge and received the reservation the evening before Labadee.

Also, Pinnacle C&A members having Gold cards are authorized access to Barefoot Beach and the amenities - cabana optional ;)

Respectfully, the info from RCI is correct - the amenities have not changed for Barefoot Beach (aka Suite or high-level C&A members who have access to the concierge). The amenities HAVE changed - reportedly - for those who book at Nellie's Beach. The water should still be available, but access to the "enhanced" buffet is not UNLESS you booked your cabana - like we did - prior to October 4th, 2013.