Regatta Refurbishments

basor

It was suppose to be May of 2014 but the only break in the schedule appears to be from the 27MAY - 07JUN in Vancouver....10 days is not a lot of time to get everything done..

We are scheduled to sail on the cruise from SFO - YVR departing on the 17MAY....do you think there will be much disruption of service on the final cruise before refurbishing? We will be sorry to miss the "new" and hope we will still be able to enjoy the "old."

We would appreciate any insight from others who have sailed on the last cruise before dry dock...

Thanks

Edited by basor

A little surprised at only days too so I looked up Nautica. Looks like it îs out of service for same period, May 5th to 16th. $50,000,000/3 ships/10days is big daily spend! Still surprising they can get all that done in such a short time. Looking forward to seeing the changes

I do not know what they are doing on these 3 smaller ships but I sure hope it is enlarging the bathrooms and especially the showers on the inside, oceanviews, and maybe the balconies-I have been on about 6+ other cruise lines and other than Azamara, these are the smallest bathrooms/showers I have ever experienced. When you are on long cruises, these small bathrooms and showers are not what you expect on want on a cruise line when you are paying 2 to 3 times more than other cruise lines-yes Oceania and Azamara offer many other things that are great and better than other cruises lines, but I think we deserved showers that tiny.

I do not know what they are doing on these 3 smaller ships but I sure hope it is enlarging the bathrooms and especially the showers on the inside, oceanviews, and maybe the balconies-I have been on about 6+ other cruise lines and other than Azamara, these are the smallest bathrooms/showers I have ever experienced. When you are on long cruises, these small bathrooms and showers are not what you expect on want on a cruise line when you are paying 2 to 3 times more than other cruise lines-yes Oceania and Azamara offer many other things that are great and better than other cruises lines, but I think we deserved showers that tiny.

There is a detailed explanation of the scope of the refurbishments on other threads. They are not enlarging the bathrooms in the standard cabins. There will be some changes to the bathrooms in the upper suites. If you cannot handle the bathrooms on the Oceania and Azamara R ships you need to sail the larger O ships or choose another line because that is never going to change.

I do not know what they are doing on these 3 smaller ships but I sure hope it is enlarging the bathrooms and especially the showers on the inside, oceanviews, and maybe the balconies-I have been on about 6+ other cruise lines and other than Azamara, these are the smallest bathrooms/showers I have ever experienced.

I do not think they are doing any structural changes

so you may have to find other ships that have larger bathrooms

Try a river cruise ...their bathrooms are even smaller ;)

I do not think they are doing any structural changes

so you may have to find other ships that have larger bathrooms

Try a river cruise ...their bathrooms are even smaller ;)

Only the Owners and Vista suites will have their bathrooms structurally changed.

Edited by orchestrapal

We will be sailing on Insignia in the Fall so will have an opportunity to see the differences between a PH before and after the refurbishments...really looking forward to enjoying the grill in Terrace Café and Baristas for a morning latte!!