Question (maybe problem) re double points for solo cabins

I have completed my recent cruise with a solo cabin and checked my points - I have only been allocated 1 point per cruise night. this seems to be different to what was being discussed on the boards before I cruised.

Threads including:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993774&highlight=single+cabin+points&page=2

and

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1926366&highlight=single+cabin+points

list a change in conditions, but when I check the RC site today clause 14 reads:

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodation (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

the reference to single cabins has been removed? has the policy changed, is it geography specific or do I need to take it up with RC? is there anywhere, other than the boards, where this is listed?

TIA

Tania

Australia

This is what is on the US website:

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

This is the URL I used, but I don't know if it can be accessed outside of North America:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do

Edited by clarea

Thanks Clarea - it appears there are different notes depending which country you pick. I found that note if I picked US but when I picked Australia then the note was as I posted. it appears they may be treating members differently depending which country you are from?

Thanks Clarea - it appears there are different notes depending which country you pick. I found that note if I picked US but when I picked Australia then the note was as I posted. it appears they may be treating members differently depending which country you are from?

I doubt they are treating C&A members differently. More like an inadvertant omission from the website. I'd call C&A and ask why your extra points were not credited. I know when they started the double points for singles, there were several reports here on CC where people had to call to get the points.

I have completed my recent cruise with a solo cabin and checked my points - I have only been allocated 1 point per cruise night. this seems to be different to what was being discussed on the boards before I cruised.

Threads including:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993774&highlight=single+cabin+points&page=2

and

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1926366&highlight=single+cabin+points

list a change in conditions, but when I check the RC site today clause 14 reads:

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodation (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS).

the reference to single cabins has been removed? has the policy changed, is it geography specific or do I need to take it up with RC? is there anywhere, other than the boards, where this is listed?

TIA

Tania

Australia

If you were traveling solo in a double cabin you should get the extra point per night. I've heard of a few people who didn't receive their extra points, but when they called it was straightened out. Looking forward to my extra points on Indy:D

If you were traveling solo in a double cabin you should get the extra point per night. I've heard of a few people who didn't receive their extra points, but when they called it was straightened out. Looking forward to my extra points on Indy:D

So even if you book an inside, you are entitled to double points right??

What is SI or SB category?

So, let's say if I book an inside cat L, am I entitled to double points?

Yes, the Cat L will get double points when booked by a single.

The SI/SB categories are designed for single occupancy, and I believe are only on Radiance class (except Jewel) now. More coming with Quantum class.

Edited by clarea

Yes, the Cat L will get double points when booked by a single.

The SI/SB categories are designed for single occupancy, and I believe are only on Radiance class (except Jewel) now. More coming with Quantum class.

Thanks! I'm in the process of booking a TA on the Adventure or Serenade next month, and after this cruise, I will be D+. So, I have to make sure i get double points.

thanks Bob and Carolyn

yes I am definitely entitled to them as I was in a PR for the trip. I have emailed RC and will see what the response is, hopefully it is as simple as someone checking the system and fixing it up. for me it will mean promoting to Platinum a little sooner for a few extra perks next cruise. mind you I will have to take a few more cruises to get to D.

cheers

Tania

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give some feedback and close out the post - it took a little longer than I hoped but I have had a positive resolution and the additional points have been credited to my account.

I emailed using the online system on the Monday that I posted the question here and after no response for 4 days I phoned the C&A section and after talking to the person got told that it needed to be referred to Miami. I got an email saying it had been referred a couple of days after that - now not sure if that was in response to my phone call or the earlier online request.

I have had no formal response back from RCI or C&A but I logged in last night and the additional points are there.

so RCI gets 5 stars for resolving the issues but only 1 star for responsiveness and feedback on a complaint (well I got no feedback but a good outcome).

if you are in the same situation it appears that you may need to chase the additional points for now (Hopefully someone posts that theirs happened automatically)

thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement.

if you are in the same situation it appears that you may need to chase the additional points for now (Hopefully someone posts that theirs happened automatically)

thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement.

The first time I was eligible for double points I had to email C&A to get it fixed. The next time, just a couple of weeks ago, I got them automatically.

Is it the case that to get the double points a single cruiser must pay the 200% rate?

No. I had two cruises for 21 days in Nov and a 10 day cruise in Dec where I did not pay the 200% and I got 62 points.