Shareholder credit USAA brokerage proxy question

TwoBadKnees

I have my CCL shares with USAA brokerage. I can't remember ever getting an annual shareholder report or proxy card so I can use them as proof of ownership for the Princess credit. I always have to send in a copy of the statement, which USAA only sends out quarterly.

For any of y'all that use USAA brokerage, when do you get your CCL annual report and/or proxy card?

Can you go to the documents section and download your statement? If not, call USAA. They are have pretty good customer service and will think of a way to help you out.

Good Luck

Heather

Can you go to the documents section and download your statement? If not, call USAA. They are have pretty good customer service and will think of a way to help you out.

Good Luck

Heather

Thanks. The statement doesn't contain the proxy card, and it's only available quarterly - even by download. I've tried multiple messages to them, and all they say is it's done by one of several third party companies, and they don't know which one.

Edited by TwoBadKnees

I have my CCL shares with USAA brokerage. I can't remember ever getting an annual shareholder report or proxy card so I can use them as proof of ownership for the Princess credit. I always have to send in a copy of the statement, which USAA only sends out quarterly.

For any of y'all that use USAA brokerage, when do you get your CCL annual report and/or proxy card?

Any brokerage firm should send you a shareholder report and a proxy vote once a year. Sometimes they're sent by snail-mail, more often these days, by email. Be sure you check your Spam folder.

If you send your quarterly statement be sure to black out anything not related to Carnival (Princess)!

Edited by Plant

You should be able to access your account and statement ending 12/31/13. As long as the statement includes your name and lists CCL stock, you can copy and use that. Blank out portfolio totals and other data not related to ownership of CCL stock. That should be sufficient.

You could also go online at USAA and go to your brokerage account holdings page and print that out showing the Carnival shares. Then just black out the account number and any other non-pertinent info and fax it to princess (make sure it shows your name as account holder)...

Viola!

BTW, I've never heard of using a Proxy Card as proof. Does that plainly list the number of shares you own or is it coded (I can't remember)? Also, the report and proxy are only sent once a year and I thought your proof of ownership had to be within something like 60 or 90 days...

Edited by Av8tor

Thanks for the hints.

I've done screen prints on occassion.

The reason I'd like to get the proxy card is that it's good for a year for Princess' shareholder credit. I wouldn't have to get new statements or screen prints for every cruise, and take the time to blank out what I don't want seen... Having the proxy card would make shareholder credit submissions so much easier.

Thanks. The statement doesn't contain the proxy card, and it's only available quarterly - even by download. I've tried multiple messages to them, and all they say is it's done by one of several third party companies, and they don't know which one.

I also have the CCL stock through my USAA brokerage account. You do not need a proxy card or annual statement. In fact, unless they are issued within 75 days of sailing, they would not be acceptable to Princess. A quarterly statement is sufficient. So is a screen shot of your brokerage account's current "position's page". Princess actually wants the most recent evidence of ownership you can provide, so the proxy card and annual statement would not do the job unless it's February or March when you're submitting your request. I usually use the Quarterly Statement. I download it, make a copy, redact everything that does not relate to the CCL stock (no account numbers, no account balances other than the 100 shares of CCL) and then make a copy of the redacted version of the statement. That's the one I send to Princess. Have never had a problem and have never had to wait more than a week for the OBC to post.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

Thanks for the hints.

I've done screen prints on occassion.

The reason I'd like to get the proxy card is that it's good for a year for Princess' shareholder credit. I wouldn't have to get new statements or screen prints for every cruise, and take the time to blank out what I don't want seen... Having the proxy card would make shareholder credit submissions so much easier.

How could it be good for a year? You could sell the stock immediately after you get the card, or a month later or 6 months later. The proxy card does not prove "current ownership". It only shows ownership at the time of the annual meeting.

I received an email on Wednesday about the shareholder meeting, how to vote, and the annual report.

I logged into the USAA app just now thinking that there might be something under a Investment Documents, but didn't see anything.

You might want to check your communication preferences with them. The email might also have gone to a spam filter.

To apply for the OBC, I've just used my most recent statement. For my cruise next week, the statement was the end of year statement.

I have a USAA brokerage account. They put shareholder meetings and reports in the message area for me to look at and download if I want. They do not send out proxy cards. This is true for my 401k account at Fidelity also. It would appear that unless you hold the stock yourself, the proxy card has gone the way of the dodo bird.

I got mine online. We also use USAA for our travel insurance! Wonderful company!

I faxed in the shareholders info this week and the OBC was posted on our cruise personalizer page THE NEXT DAY!!!! Yay, Princess! I've never had that fast of a turn around before!:D

I also have the CCL stock through my USAA brokerage account. You do not need a proxy card or annual statement. In fact, unless they are issued within 75 days of sailing, they would not be acceptable to Princess.

I was on the phone with the Princess Shareholder OBC person, and they mentioned to me about the proxy card info being good for a year.

I received an email on Wednesday about the shareholder meeting, how to vote, and the annual report.

I logged into the USAA app just now thinking that there might be something under a Investment Documents, but didn't see anything.

You might want to check your communication preferences with them. The email might also have gone to a spam filter.

To apply for the OBC, I've just used my most recent statement. For my cruise next week, the statement was the end of year statement.

USAA couldn't tell me the eMail address where the statement would come from, so I would have to turn off the spam filter completely.

If your cruise was the first week of April, the end of year statment would be too old, and you wouldn't have the March 31st statement in time to submit. (This has happened to me). So the only way was to do print screens, but the Princess rep wanted my name to be on the same paper as the shares held. With the USAA screen, that means cut and paste. And if they allow cut and pasting I could cheat entirely and not own any stock and cut and paste false info. I'm just trying to make it easier.

I have a USAA brokerage account. They put shareholder meetings and reports in the message area for me to look at and download if I want. They do not send out proxy cards. This is true for my 401k account at Fidelity also. It would appear that unless you hold the stock yourself, the proxy card has gone the way of the dodo bird.

Thanksto everyone for your help

I just checked the message and statements area. Nothing about CCL there. So, another message being sent to USAA.

For those doing screen prints from USAA, how are you putting your name on the paper that you fax to Princess - cut and paste?

I just went round and round with USAA and Princess about this. The information Princess requires used to be readily available from USAA but their new security practices keep you from printing screen shots with the necessary information. After numerous calls, I hope I have resolved the problem. I was getting quarterly statements that contain all the necessary information. I had USAA change my report cycle to monthly. If all goes well, at the end of March the report I need will show up on-line. I know lots of cruisers are USAA members and wondered how long it would take this problem to surface. I was waiting to mention it until I was sure this solution would really work.

I called USAA and told them the situation. They told me that they would send me a letter (via email) that stated that as of a certain date, (that day's date) that I owned 100 shares of CCL. It showed up the next day in email, I printed it and sent it to Princess.

That took care of it.

I called USAA and told them the situation. They told me that they would send me a letter (via email) that stated that as of a certain date, (that day's date) that I owned 100 shares of CCL. It showed up the next day in email, I printed it and sent it to Princess.

That took care of it.

Please let us know on here if that did work. I also got a similar letter from USAA and called Princess before faxing it with my Shareholder forms to make sure it would be accepted. They told me it would not. I asked if I could send a copy of my 31 December statement along with the letter so they could see the necessary account information and the letter saying I still owned the shares. The Princess rep said they would not accept that combination either. Sometimes it just depends on who you ask. I'll be interested to learn if the letter was successful. I still have mine and if it works for you, I'll try it.

I just went round and round with USAA and Princess about this. The information Princess requires used to be readily available from USAA but their new security practices keep you from printing screen shots with the necessary information. After numerous calls, I hope I have resolved the problem. I was getting quarterly statements that contain all the necessary information. I had USAA change my report cycle to monthly. If all goes well, at the end of March the report I need will show up on-line. I know lots of cruisers are USAA members and wondered how long it would take this problem to surface. I was waiting to mention it until I was sure this solution would really work.

I also changed my USAA brokerage report cycle to monthly. There was no problem doing so and, since I have the brokerage statements sent electronically, not really any additional expense to them or additional trees killed.

Now I always have a monthly statement to download within the appropriate timeframe before each cruise - no problem. Most months I ignore the statement, but it's there when I need it.

Just call USAA and request a monthly statement for your brokerage account, and make sure you are set up for electronic statements only for that account. Then you will have no problem in the future.

USAA couldn't tell me the eMail address where the statement would come from, so I would have to turn off the spam filter completely.

If your cruise was the first week of April, the end of year statment would be too old, and you wouldn't have the March 31st statement in time to submit. (This has happened to me). So the only way was to do print screens, but the Princess rep wanted my name to be on the same paper as the shares held. With the USAA screen, that means cut and paste. And if they allow cut and pasting I could cheat entirely and not own any stock and cut and paste false info. I'm just trying to make it easier.

It was sent from:

proxy@investments.usaa.com

Please let us know on here if that did work. I also got a similar letter from USAA and called Princess before faxing it with my Shareholder forms to make sure it would be accepted. They told me it would not. I asked if I could send a copy of my 31 December statement along with the letter so they could see the necessary account information and the letter saying I still owned the shares. The Princess rep said they would not accept that combination either. Sometimes it just depends on who you ask. I'll be interested to learn if the letter was successful. I still have mine and if it works for you, I'll try it.

Yes, it worked just fine. I never asked anyone at Princess before I sent it. I just assumed it was a reasonable solution, and it proved to be so.

I am glad I saw this thread as I reminded me I have not seen my annual report and proxy statement either. I am not thru USAA. I need to follow-up to get my proxy card. Maybe the mailing is late.

I have also ALWAYS used the proxy card. In fact I used my 2013 one (received last March) just in this recent January to get credit for a cruise I am taking in April 2014. It is much older than the 75 days that was speculated as needed to prove ownership.

There has NEVER been an issue using the proxy card throughout the years to get the shareholder OBC and I have done this many times on multiple Carnival Corporation trips.

So even though there are experts/doubters (who know better than everyone else about this), I can attest to this working with the proxy card.

I haven't seen this statement in the past, but past statements say proxy card and put no restrictions on it.

I am glad I saw this thread as I reminded me I have not seen my annual report and proxy statement either. I am not thru USAA. I need to follow-up to get my proxy card. Maybe the mailing is late.

I'm also waiting for my annual report and proxy, so I can apply for my OBC.

It seems to be late, compared to previous years.

Anyone received theirs yet?