Royals Prices?

The website seems to be caught in a glitch, it won't progress past the "Your Cruise" screen. The prices don't seem right so maybe there is a problem with the RCI computer!

As I said we were recently on Solstice and we went to do an onboard booking for the 4th jan south pacific cruise on the Radiance, the lady quoted us $7190.00 for a standard balcony I then asked her if that was right because 3 days earlier the total was $3550.00 she said there had been a price increase even though it was still during Royals WOW sale they can still increase prices .

I should have booked it when the price was right but I thought I would just do it on board that didn't didn't work out too well

So we booked a 8 night south pacific cruise for the 3rd of jan on Celeb Century in a standard balcony for $3890.00 for 2 people so that is $3300.00 cheaper for 1 less night?

I think I might have been really lucky when I booked radiance of the seas 9 nights cruise leaving 11 October. I got deluxe balcony deck 8 for $1864 as a solo. I havent seen any half decent pricing since. That price includes pre paid tips.

Edited by icat2000

I think I might have been really lucky when I booked radiance of the seas 9 nights cruise leaving 11 October. I got deluxe balcony deck 8 for $1864 as a solo. I havent seen any half decent pricing since. That price includes pre paid tips.

Curious here. When did you book it?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Was that the early bird price?

I'm not sure. I just saw it on a oz ta online site then I checked the RCL site and I booked it. It didn't last for to long. Couple days later it was double the price. So it was either:

a) a mistake

b) RCL wanted to shift some cabins.

c) solo special.

I'm not sure. I just saw it on a oz ta online site then I checked the RCL site and I booked it. It didn't last for to long. Couple days later it was double the price. So it was either:

a) a mistake

b) RCL wanted to shift some cabins.

c) solo special.

Wow you did well! It really pays to keep an eye out for bargains.

Wow you did well! It really pays to keep an eye out for bargains.

Thanks. I haven't seen anything remotely near this good from RCL since. I think they have really whacked up their pricing down in Australia.

I was looking at the Voyager of the Seas for a new year eves cruise. The price was $17,000 for a balcony for 4 people. A Rip off.

Thats only $4,250 each.....thats around what P&O used to charge for a cruise around the Islands on Pacific Sun.

We have been spoilt by the large number of ships they have to fill down here. Wait till they take a few back up north and reduce the supply ... then watch as the prices rocket away.

Thats only $4,250 each.....thats around what P&O used to charge for a cruise around the Islands on Pacific Sun.

We have been spoilt by the large number of ships they have to fill down here. Wait till they take a few back up north and reduce the supply ... then watch as the prices rocket away.

It will effect the ones who don't like to fly moreso. Me I'm happy to fly to catch a cruise is the overall price is cheaper.

When Holland America first started cruising here a standard balcony cabin on Statendam for a 12 night Au/NZ cruise was $7,500 pp.

When Princess started the Round Australia 28 day cruise , a standard balcony was $12,500 pp.....now its half that price.

• 2 weeks later...
Looked to book Top End cruise again on Radiance but the price for same cabin as last year is almost twice the price. Ended up booking Diamond Princess, 3 days longer and when we booked it was $2000 cheaper each than Radiance and also in a balcony. The savings will easily extend our holiday and cover airfares, hotel and sightseeing in Singapore.

The Oct 2014 top end cruise went up by $1270pp between Nov 2013 and mid March (that's for a D2 balcony)

Edited by boeckli

[Q UOTE=HPSOV;42078365]I booked a GS on a 10 night Rhapsody cruise for $2400pp about a month ago. Now they want double that, even a balcony is now $2900pp.

RCI wins the award for random pricing.

Just wondering - were you able to choose which suite you wanted or will that be allocated later ? We've been offered some good deals by TAs but only on a cabin guarantee basis i.e. we don't know which cabin until a couple of days before....thx :)

Angela, Sydney Australia.

Just wondering - were you able to choose which suite you wanted or will that be allocated later ? We've been offered some good deals by TAs but only on a cabin guarantee basis i.e. we don't know which cabin until a couple of days before....thx :)

Angela, Sydney Australia.

Yes, all but one of the GS's were available, it wasn't a guarantee cabin.

Well, I looked at a mini suite (aft-facing) on the Sea Princess, Sydney to Honolulu return in April 2015 (35 nights). The cost is/was approximately $31,600. For that (and I am referring only to the booking, not including the Princess Loyalty Program (which in my opinion is very poor)), I get a glass of Champagne on arrival, nothing else. Now, if I book a Grand Suite (bigger than the Sun class Princess ships) on the Radiance for its Circumnavigation (34 nights), it will cost me "about" $25,000 to $28,000 (depending on when I book).

The difference is, on the Radiance I can go to the Concierge Lounge at 5pm every evening and enjoy complimentary wine, spirits and/or beer until 8.15pm. I also get priority tendering, Captain's breakfast, 24/7 use of the Concierge Lounge, including Continental breakfast, the best coffee on the ship, and lots of other benefits.

That is why we choose RCI.

Cheers

Di

Well, I looked at a mini suite (aft-facing) on the Sea Princess, Sydney to Honolulu return in April 2015 (35 nights). The cost is/was approximately $31,600. For that (and I am referring only to the booking, not including the Princess Loyalty Program (which in my opinion is very poor)), I get a glass of Champagne on arrival, nothing else. Now, if I book a Grand Suite (bigger than the Sun class Princess ships) on the Radiance for its Circumnavigation (34 nights), it will cost me "about" $25,000 to $28,000 (depending on when I book).

The difference is, on the Radiance I can go to the Concierge Lounge at 5pm every evening and enjoy complimentary wine, spirits and/or beer until 8.15pm. I also get priority tendering, Captain's breakfast, 24/7 use of the Concierge Lounge, including Continental breakfast, the best coffee on the ship, and lots of other benefits.

That is why we choose RCI.

Cheers

Di

Di, there's nothing wrong with princess's loyalty program when you're elite, we dont drink so we're not worried about the Concierge Lounge with their free drinks but we'd rather have the free washing and free internet plus the other benefits that go with the program

Di, there's nothing wrong with princess's loyalty program when you're elite, we dont drink so we're not worried about the Concierge Lounge with their free drinks but we'd rather have the free washing and free internet plus the other benefits that go with the program

Not for extra $6K and on a much older ship. I was on the Dawn in March and I thought it looked very tired.

Not for extra $6K and on a much older ship. I was on the Dawn in March and I thought it looked very tired.

if you do a mock booking the fares are pretty similar, the Radiance is $300 cheaper but one less day but on the Radiance thats including the tips as on princess the tips are included