Acupuncture on Century ??

curtdesilets

Question (s) :

Do they still have Acupuncture on Century?

Has anyone tried it recently? If so how was the experience?

Last time we were onboard, they had a discount for 3 sessions. Just wondering if that was still an option.

Any information would be highly useful. Thanks!!

Yes. Acupuncture is available in Century but I did not use it. We just returned from a 3 day cruise on Century so deals were not really offered for such a short itinerary. However I recall a free assessment was offered. My doctor brings her acupuncture tools with her when she cruises and swears by it for seasickness!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes. Acupuncture is available in Century but I did not use it. We just returned from a 3 day cruise on Century so deals were not really offered for such a short itinerary. However I recall a free assessment was offered. My doctor brings her acupuncture tools with her when she cruises and swears by it for seasickness!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My wife tried acupuncture for the first time on a celebrity cruise a couple years ago. It did wonders for her back pain, and I would imagine, it would be helpful for seasickness. I tried it, and it actually was very relaxing, sort of like the after effects of a good massage.

Glad it is still being offered.

With the change in Spa, acupuncture may or may not still be available. I certainly hope the individuals doing procedures know what they are doing...and I'm pretty sure that it's covered in the contract with the provider. There's a very large legal exposure...and Celebrity would be liable since they allow it to occur on their ships.

Having said that, I'd never think about letting someone do that type of procedure on me on a ship....but that's a personal decision.

I was first exposed to acupuncture on a Celebrity Cruise and had a wonderful experience. Dr. Lori, the licensed acupuncturist, was a chiropractor and was very skilled. As a sufferer of RA, I experienced such relief in my back and hands that I obtained a licensed acupuncturist when I returned home to continue my treatments. If you have any kind of pain, it's certainly worth a try and far better IMHO than medications!

I was first exposed to acupuncture on a Celebrity Cruise and had a wonderful experience. Dr. Lori, the licensed acupuncturist, was a chiropractor and was very skilled. As a sufferer of RA, I experienced such relief in my back and hands that I obtained a licensed acupuncturist when I returned home to continue my treatments. If you have any kind of pain, it's certainly worth a try and far better IMHO than medications!

..and it was a very positive experience.

Some of the posters here were stating that they might be unlicensed or unreliable, and to try something on land instead. From what I remember, the acupuncturist was fully licensed with degrees and a practice at home.

I first tried acupuncture on a cruise when I came down with a cold type bug, and another time when I had what may have been sciatica. Both times I had relief from my symptoms. The acupuncturist was licensed and I had no reason to doubt her ability. I would do it again if I felt the need :)

Acupuncture at home cost about $75 for a hour and half , covered by my medical plan , what is cost on the ship? Al

Also most good acupuncturist will tell you it will not make you loss weight, only a good diet and movement will do that

On the ship the first thing they say acupuncture will make you lose weight :rolleyes:

Bingo. you have NO idea whether or not these people are even trained properly, and really to get any real, long lasting benefit you need MONTHS worth of treatments.

I'm pretty sure any acupuncturist on a Celebrity ship is fully licensed.

I think I recall a Doctor's Degree on the wall.

Anyone here have any confirming information concerning the qualifications of Celebrity's Acupuncturists ???

Edited by curtdesilets
typo