Constellation PH Questions

jcpc

Hi,

To anyone who recently sailed in PH on Constellation .....

Can you let us know about the butler and cabin steward experience you had and whether you were in 6147 or 6148?

We are sailing for 9 nights in April and would like to hear of any recent experience.

Thanks so much.

jcpc

I sailed the Connie PH (6148) last year. If you have specify questions, feel free to ask.

To answer your question, the experience was good, but certainly you want more info but I have no clue where to start....:D

See this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1988720&highlight=butler+list

It has lots of useful info, including a reply from me on my butler list. :)

Hi,

We are sailing for 9 nights in April and would like to hear of any recent experience.

As she's been sailing mostly 4 and 5 night 'party cruises" to Cozumel and Key West thru the winter many feel that 'recent experiences' on this ship do not equate to the experience on its longer and European sailings, so just take any recent criticism's with a grain of salt.

I was in a RS this January and found the vibe to be off that of longer X sailing, though still and a good time. I have only done a 4 an a 5 night on Connie though.

cle-guy,

Thanks for the input. I have sailed Celebrity extensively since the early 90's (Elite +) so I know about the "Celebrity experience" and I've sailed in PH and RS previously on Silhouette, Summit, Century and Mercury so I know all about the suite experience (which is marvelous!)

I was actually just looking for recent info on who was servicing the PH's on Constellation. Sorry if I was unclear.

jcpc

I just got off the Connie and stayed in 6147. I have stayed in a PH before and have stayed in suites before so I have some idea of how things compare. I thought the service in the suite from our butler (Ewen) and our stateroom attendant was outstanding. Ewen is a very nice guy. That may not sound like not much, but to me it is. I really liked him as a person. As a butler, he was most eager to be of service. He was always around if I needed him but was not obtrusive. We asked a few things of him (we are not demanding at all….) and he made sure it was taken care of. I think that he was even a bit disappointed we did not ask more of him! He served us dinner twice on our balcony (best balcony on the ship, BTW) and he made it a perfect experience. He took great care on setting the table and serving the dishes. He has worked in a number of different positions on Celebrity ships for a number of years. He told us he really liked being a butler and it showed.

Our stateroom attendant (I am sorry but I do not remember his name -- shame on me!) was also excellent. OUr cabin was always in tip-top shape. I have not one complaint to make about how well they took care of us. I would consider Ewen and the stateroom crew among the best I have had on Celebrity. If you have a specific question, I would be glad to try to answer.