$160 shore excursion on board credit given at booking

senoritafrog

Has anyone ever been given a $160 shore excursion credit to use on board for booking a cruise from Carnival? If so, can you use it on anything other then shore excursions? I was told you can by my travel agent but I just want to confirm???

Has anyone ever been given a $160 shore excursion credit to use on board for booking a cruise from Carnival? If so, can you use it on anything other then shore excursions? I was told you can by my travel agent but I just want to confirm???

We have cruised with this and have 4 more cruises coming up with it.

$160 is for excursions only, use it or lose it. It is segmented away from any other credit on your S&S bill.

For us, we book all Carnival excursions online before we get on the ship. We had to hold off and book one of them to use the credit on the ship - it doesn't cover pre booked excursions online.

We ended up only using $149 of it, and the rest was lost. If you go over, you are just charged the difference.

It cannot be used for anything else but excursions, it can be used for the Behind the fun tour though as that is considered an excursion.

Edited by bookcreator

They dont give it to u, is it a ptomotion to get u to book?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

It was a promotion that was offered when I booked. Basically, I paid $80 and got a $160 onboard credit. ( I thought it was a onboard credit for anything, but it's not) It never said excursion credit only until I printed out my documents.

melissa

It was a promotion that was offered when I booked. Basically, I paid $80 and got a $160 onboard credit. ( I thought it was a onboard credit for anything, but it's not) It never said excursion credit only until I printed out my documents.

melissa

I'm not doubting you saw what you saw, but I originally booked the deal and it stated Shore Excursion credit initially, but when you got to the actual cruise page where you see your totals, etc, the promotion no longer stated it was for a Shore Excursion, but was listed as a non-refundable OBC.

I eventually took a different offer though, but now that I think about it, I should have kept the OBC offer. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We ars leaving on the Valor in three days and figure out how this works. We wre told it was only valid for excursions booked on the ship. Well, we've been watching and 3 of the excursions we were interested in have already sold out. Has any one else had this problem? Any suggestions?

I was hoping this credit could be used for the Steakhouse or spa services. :(

We've already prebooked our shore excursions and some of them currently have less than ten tickets left. I'm not willing to worth risking losing out on the excursion. Oh well, we'll still have a great time!

I'm having a problem with this too. The excursions we want are already sold out. I'm thinking about calling to see if I can change my promotion I booked under and get regular OBC

Let us know what they say...I think a lot of us are having the same problem!

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

They said I couldn't book under a new promotion because it is after final payment. $160 down the drain.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I would still go to the excursions desk when I got onboard first thing and just see what was available. People cancel, change their minds, sometimes they add space if it's very popular. At least try. Enjoy your cruise!

They said I couldn't book under a new promotion because it is after final payment. $160 down the drain.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Darn. For me, it's $480 down the drain because I have three cabins booked. I already booked our excursions, plus I can imagine that the shore excursions desk will have a riot going on if I try to go there what with all the people trying to use their credit. If we could book the excursions in advance and use it to pay for them it would make much more sense. The last thing I want to do on-board is spend time fighting with an angry mob over the few spots left on excursions.

Darn. For me, it's $480 down the drain because I have three cabins booked. I already booked our excursions, plus I can imagine that the shore excursions desk will have a riot going on if I try to go there what with all the people trying to use their credit. If we could book the excursions in advance and use it to pay for them it would make much more sense. The last thing I want to do on-board is spend time fighting with an angry mob over the few spots left on excursions.

Agreed.

Lucky for us we have FTTF and don't have anything booked for two of our ports. Maybe we'll swing by the excursion desk first thing and see if a beach trip is available at either port.

Agreed.

Lucky for us we have FTTF and don't have anything booked for two of our ports. Maybe we'll swing by the excursion desk first thing and see if a beach trip is available at either port.

Let us know how it works out for you. We are sailing the week after you. I guess I will swing by first thing since we have FTTF also.