Spa Carnival... what kind of deal did you get?

elisabethr_21

We're heading out on the Magic on May 18th, mine and my husband's third cruise, my son's second and his best friend's first. My best friend and her husband are also going, this will be their honeymoon. I have never done the spa (unless you count a bad eyebrow job on the Conquest in '11) but have heard they run specials during the week. I would really like to try it this time around so my question is, What kind of specials have you got?

I've done the couples massage I waited for a sea day and got almost $100 off

~Natasha

This is unusual; most of the specials are for port days only (much less demand for spa services when everybody is off the ship).

Edited by ronandannette

We plan on being pretty busy on port days and thought that was when they usually ran specials. :mad: But I plan on going to the spa tour, which I never have done before, and entering to win in their raffle *fingers crossed* It just seems like their regular prices posted on the excursions page are outrageous.

I went a little crazy in the spa on our Conquest cruise in October. There were specials on sea days too although the prices can be a little higher. On our Key West day, I did the pick two for $59 (could have been $79 - there are so many offers, I could be getting them confused) and got a full body exfoliation treatment and foot massage. Be prepared for the product pitch though. I did pretty good on my first spa visit but not too good on the 2nd visit.

I did a massage once and won't ever again. After all that relaxing, they try to sell you products at the end and I immediately tensed up. Stinks considering it was a waste of $100 for the massage!

I did a massage once and won't ever again. After all that relaxing, they try to sell you products at the end and I immediately tensed up. Stinks considering it was a waste of $100 for the massage!

I tell the person up front that I am not interested in any upsells, and if they insist on selling me anything, it will affect their tip. Not a word after that, and had a wonderful experience!!

Edited by Luckyroot

I also tell them up front that I am not interested in products, but there to relax. I have never had to deal with the hard sell.

Generally, I book my port day services in advance, using the 10% discount online. Then on the ship I'll book the multi-service specials they offer (like 5 mini-treatments for $129). All the services cost a lot more than they do at home (especially because I use Groupon a lot), but I enjoy doing the spa on board.

On our Feb 2014 Fantasy cruise we attended the open house the day of sail away. We took them up on an offer they called "the managers special". For $129 each, we received a full body massage, foot and ankle massage, scalp massage and a facial. It was 75 minutes and they booked my wife and me in the couples massage room. We were told the bookings were limited at that price, and would not be offered again. We were one of the last ones to book that offer, and the only appointments left were for the evening of the first day (embarkment). But we were fine with that. It was a great way to start the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On our Feb 2014 Fantasy cruise we attended the open house the day of sail away. We took them up on an offer they called "the managers special". For $129 each, we received a full body massage, foot and ankle massage, scalp massage and a facial. It was 75 minutes and they booked my wife and me in the couples massage room. We were told the bookings were limited at that price, and would not be offered again. We were one of the last ones to book that offer, and the only appointments left were for the evening of the first day (embarkment). But we were fine with that. It was a great way to start the cruise.

That sounds do-able... I think I want to buy one for me and my friend to do together, she just found out she's pregnant so feels like she is going to miss out on alot of the fun and I think this will make it some better. Yay! Ready to sail!

I usually book that special on the last day. Did it this year on Liberty and last year on Glory I had the same special with hot stones thrown in for $129.