Where to purchase Alcohol Package

gator582

I know you purchase on the ship, but where? Also, how do bartenders and International Café know you have this package? Will be on the Ruby next month and it would be nice know. Thank you. :)

Trust me they will find you, not to worry. :D Once you buy it you will get a sticker on your cruse card or a drink card

Hugh :cool:

Purchase at one of the tables if they set them up to sell the package, or at a bar. Note, purchases made while the ship is still in Fort Lauderdale are subject to FL State sales tax. So, you may wish to wait until after you sail. However, this past January we purchased the soda package at a table where they hand wrote the charge and did not swipe our cruise card. I think they must have run all the hand written slips through their system after we sailed as we did not get charged sales tax. Our charge was entered into their system at 20:49 hours even though it was purchased around 13:00 hours while still docked.

So you still have to present your card at each drink order? Not as convenient as included drinks.

I think Princess is still working out the kinks... I'm sure it will be ticketed pretty soon, but for accounting purposes, it still comes in handy so that Princess can keep track of how popular it is.

We really liked the package. There is a sticker on your cruise card that shows you have the package. My husband usually went to a bar and brought my card and his, so that he could pick us both up a drink. I didn't like having to sign for them, but it wasn't that bad.

We really liked the package. There is a sticker on your cruise card that shows you have the package. My husband usually went to a bar and brought my card and his, so that he could pick us both up a drink. I didn't like having to sign for them, but it wasn't that bad.
This is good info that I was wondering about. Hopefully all bartenders will do this. International Café, too. :)

Thanks for posting!

You have always had to sign.

Why would you not like to sign now?

You posted that you "didn't like having to sign for them".

Mike:)

It's not a big deal. What I meant was that if you have a soda sticker, you don't have to sign. If you have a alcohol sticker, you do have to sign. That's all. Nothing to worry about.