Help on POA cabins, please!!!

sargemrs

3 couples are preparing to buy cabins on Pride of America for Aug/Sept. trip. We are contemplating 11518, 11508 and 11514. Could someone please tell me if these are good rooms and any pros or cons about them. We don't drink, nor swim so the close proximity to the pool isn't a plus for us. Any advice will be appreciated.

To be honest, you are in your room so little on this cruise...the room location is really no a big deal. In fact, you are hardly on the ship at all. It is all about the ports. We had an inside cabin and showered and changed and slept there. We were off the ship...grabbed a rental car and was gone all day. Two of the stops are overnights so we didn't get back to the ship until after 11 pm. There are no sea days.

We have been on many cruises and this one was very different from the rest...it's all about Hawaii...the cruise to us was like a floating hotel.

Hope you have a blast!

Ok, Lynne, thanks for the response. We're vacillating about paying the extra for the suites, but guess we'll just have to figure it out.

Suites are of course very expensive.

And, if you do, keep in mind that ONLY those that pay for suites can take advantage of various perks.

As to the original question - not knowing what category of cabins - hard to answer.

We were in 11512, 11514 (balcony cabins) and 11518 (suite) on the POA in July.

POA cabins are double the price of any other comparable cabins I have sailed, but that is the price of Hawaii.

512 and 514 were *great*. They were teeny tiny cabins, but the balconies were as deep as the suites and almost as wide: two loungers and two chairs. Folks will tell you that you are not in your room much, and that is true, but even in Hawaii I liked relaxing on the balcony.

That said, I am not sure if the suites are worth it. The rooms are larger, but not enough to hold more than two folks. The perks of the suite (Cagneys. butlers) may not be worth it when you are off the ship every day. Only you can decide.

happy cruising,

el henry