How "clean" is the food?

Cruising4

My good looks? My savior faire? My ability to type while reading amusing CC posts? I've got lots going for me, trust me.:p

Well then, hows about we get together and get to know each other better over a big bowl of liquid eggs and bright orange macaroni? :D

Well then, hows about we get together and get to know each other better over a big bowl of liquid eggs and bright orange macaroni? :D

Can we add some Baco Bits to the eggs and top the mac'n'cheese with goldfish crackers?

Surely I meant complex carbs when I compared a slice of whole wheat bread to a snickers bar. :rolleyes: A slice of whole wheat bread will raise your blood sugar and trigger an insulin response faster than a snickers bar.

Signed,

Clueless :rolleyes:

PS - welcome to cruise critic.

Do you realize how wrong you are on that? Idc how many posts you have, you clearly do not know nutrition.

Complex carbs are good, they include Multigrain bread, veggies, beans, etc. They have a low GI rating. The GI rating is the affect on one's insulin. Your body needs carbs based on your activity level.

What you are describing is white bread, yes white bread is the same as snickers. It's the same thing, its sugar plain and simple. Those are called simple carbs.

Take a step back, you are clearly un informed here, you do not everything.

Do you realize how wrong you are on that? Idc how many posts you have, you clearly do not know nutrition.

Complex carbs are good, they include Multigrain bread, veggies, beans, etc. They have a low GI rating. The GI rating is the affect on one's insulin. Your body needs carbs based on your activity level.

What you are describing is white bread, yes white bread is the same as snickers. It's the same thing, its sugar plain and simple. Those are called simple carbs.

I am clearly describing whole wheat bread. Sounds like you hate to be wrong, and wrong you surely are. Try looking up Dr. Robert Perlmutter and Dr. William Davis for a good starting point on your research. Happy learning! :D

I am clearly describing whole wheat bread. Sounds like you hate to be wrong, and wrong you surely are. Try looking up Dr. Robert Perlmutter and Dr. William Davis for a good starting point on your research. Happy learning! :D

I live nutrition. You are wrong. Stop listening to the media and the no carb hype. All lowering your carbs will do is lose water weight. Carbs are not related to gaining fat. It's calories in vs calories out.

Ha diet books on eliminating wheat. Lord the media has you people brainwashed. Don't eat carbs carbs, don't eat this, eat that, eating this will lose belly fat.

Loorrrddd. you want to lose weight? EAT LESS CALORIES AND EXCERCISE..

do yourself a favor and stop reading fad diet books. Hysterical really

Edited by Oasis9389

I've replaced whole wheat bread (which really isn't very healthy but somewhat better then white bread) with Ezekiel 3:9 Sesame bread. Keep it in the freezer it gets yucky in the pantry . It's a sprouted bread which I think I read is really a vegetable?

I like foodbabe's blog. It's a little over the top for me but good and I hope valid info.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I've replaced whole wheat bread (which really isn't very healthy but somewhat better then white bread) with Ezekiel 3:9 Sesame bread. Keep it in the freezer it gets yucky in the pantry . It's a sprouted bread which I think I read is really a vegetable?

I like foodbabe's blog. It's a little over the top for me but good and I hope valid info.

I actually eat the same bread. It's healthier than wheat. It's not going to make you less fat, I eat it because it's a better nutritional choice. Same reason I have olive oil over vegetable oil. Neither is affecting my fat gain.

About the root veggies... I have a friend who is a weight watchers coach. She secretly laughs when some one says they don't eat carrots cause their fattening. "No one attends weight watchers cause they ate too many carrots" is her thought.

About the root veggies... I have a friend who is a weight watchers coach. She secretly laughs when some one says they don't eat carrots cause their fattening. "No one attends weight watchers cause they ate too many carrots" is her thought.

Exactly... All these fad diets, like the one this user referenced, are ruining society.

Why does a low carb diet work? Well first off, you aren't eating carbs, so your body is holding less water. You will lose pounds a day at first in water weight.

My new diet... DONT DRINK WATER... LOSE 5 POUNDS A DAY.. thats about just as silly as don't eat carbs.

Second, people are eliminating a whole food group. So what are they doing in return? EATING LESS CALORIES.. They aren't substiting enough fats and protein for the lack of carbs..

Thats all it is, eat less calories.

One other thing, weight watchers, is about the only organization doing it right, but...They've actually tricked the entire world. they've created a point system to follow. Its really funny, the point system already exists its called a CALORIE. but props to them for remaining the calorie to a point and selling it.

Edited by Oasis9389

All these conflicting diet ideas have me totally confused ??

I guess I will have to include things that bark and bite back into my diet so I don't miss anything !!!!

BTW -- I have been eating for over 3/4 of a century and my last trip to the doctor was about 18 years ago.

I don't even know what a calorie or carb looks like, but if they taste good, I will eat them !!!

Actually, SissasMomE is right. :) You are misinformed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey, kjbacon;

Want to share some popcorn, and get out of the way while the various health food factions sling avocados at each other? Anyone remember her post from about 20 back in regards to chilling?

Ok I'm in but let's share some organic popcorn, shall we?

There are very different sources of fat. There is nothing at all wrong with avocados, egg yolks, or nuts. If you are going to limit a fat source, it should be bacon and other garbage.

Potatoes, rice, and other complex carbs are complete junk. They cause blood sugar spikes and lead to weight gain. Protein is always the best choice.

Good sources of whole foods are meat, fish, eggs, chicken, and veggies. Root vegetables and starches are almost as bad as eating a candy bar, and whole grain bread ... well, you're better off eating a snickers bar than touching that.

I think we must be twins separated at birth or sisters with another mother. That is exactly how I think and how I eat. I used to eat what is widely believed to be a healthy diet and came within minutes of death.

But there is encouraging news in the world of food these days. The tide is turning against High Fructose Corn Syrup, sugar and foods processed to remove any value from it. Unfortunately it is too late to save the current generations but there may be hope for the future.

I think we must be twins separated at birth or sisters with another mother. That is exactly how I think and how I eat. I used to eat what is widely believed to be a healthy diet and came within minutes of death.

But there is encouraging news in the world of food these days. The tide is turning against High Fructose Corn Syrup, sugar and foods processed to remove any value from it. Unfortunately it is too late to save the current generations but there may be hope for the future.

the whole plan i typed was to eliminate processed foods, only eat the whole foods. i don't eat a processed piece of food.... ever, noting. anything they cook will be soaked in fat. you won't be able to eat any lean protein other than an egg white. so how do you combat that? don't voluntary eat fat sources.

Yes. The two doctors I referenced wrote amazing books, with tons of research. The OP labels them as diet books, but they aren't. People with autoimmune diseases such as MS, RA, and Lupus have reported a complete cessation of symptoms once eliminating wheat and grains from their diets. It's amazing, really.

Nope. Just from a family of diabetics who is very educated about GI ratings.

Diabetics is a totally different thing, obviously a piece of wheat bread will raise your insulin too high if you are a diabetic. If you are diabetics then i don't know waht to day

Yes. The two doctors I referenced wrote amazing books, with tons of research. The OP labels them as diet books, but they aren't. People with autoimmune diseases such as MS, RA, and Lupus have reported a complete cessation of symptoms once eliminating wheat and grains from their diets. It's amazing, really.

try this

stop reading diet books

eat less

increase your activity

just saved you years of reading fad diets.

Surely I meant complex carbs when I compared a slice of whole wheat bread to a snickers bar. :rolleyes: A slice of whole wheat bread will raise your blood sugar and trigger an insulin response faster than a snickers bar.

Signed,

Clueless :rolleyes:

PS - welcome to cruise critic.

Anything made from any type of flour will do that to me.

I have to avoid all starches and that includes some vegetables and rice.

..... A slice of whole wheat bread will raise your blood sugar and trigger an insulin response faster than a snickers bar\[\QUOTE]

Yep. Snickers bar is significantly lower on the GI scale than a slice of WHOLE WHEAT bread. (Hint: It has to do with the peanuts.) Just like peanut M&Ms are a better choice than plain.

And no, I'm not suggesting we should all give up wheat bread for candy. Just making a point. :).

I'm out.