TA Air Deviation on Oceania

Big Easy

Does TA receive a commission from O on air deviations? I would hope so, as it can be quite time consuming going back and forth deciding on flights.

No, they do not.

These days, TA's don't even get Commissions on Airline Arrangements which are booked directly through the Airlines

so be gentle :rolleyes:

Edited by JimandStan

Why does the average cruiser have to know this. Would it make you make decide weather or not to deviate??

LOL Some people have to know everything. I am sure that you, like many of us, are astounded but some of the questions posted on this forum. Everyone is entitled to ask questions and anyone who feels like it can answer.

Just ignore the posts you find silly

A travel agent to my understanding gets a commission based on the base fare, without tax, without air, without port.

They get no commission for Hotels, Transfers, special Dining , Air deviation, shore tours, liquor or any other packages

Their commission rate is negotiated with the company based on volume and or contract.... and that is propriety information

I agree with every thing Hawaiidan said with one exception, and that may be per individual TA Agency contract. I believe the (at least some)TA's do get the regular cut on the selling the Premium Drinks Package.

But to the OP question, they get nothing for all the work the do on air deviations.