Aos doa

We are still waiting to get off the ship. They opened the dining room on 3 and the Windjammer for lunch. We were told noon before anyone can get off. Lots of people just hanging out to get off. I hope the people with early flights will be able to get off first!! We don't fly out until tomorrow, so I am good with staying on board until they are off, but due to a fall on the ship, I am in a wheelchair, so I don't know how it will work for us. As I am typing this, they just cleared the ship for everyone to depart. We will be departing on deck 1 and to me it sounds like it is going to be a free for all on the disembark.....

We are still waiting to get off the ship. They opened the dining room on 3 and the Windjammer for lunch. We were told noon before anyone can get off. Lots of people just hanging out to get off. I hope the people with early flights will be able to get off first!! We don't fly out until tomorrow, so I am good with staying on board until they are off, but due to a fall on the ship, I am in a wheelchair, so I don't know how it will work for us. As I am typing this, they just cleared the ship for everyone to depart. We will be departing on deck 1 and to me it sounds like it is going to be a free for all on the disembark.....

Well at least people can Start to get off and try and catch there flights

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

Wow...glad that everyone can depart...BUT I would enjoy lunch til they threw me off the ship...mainly because it is going to be a disaster....

Hope you feel better too!!

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry you had a fall on the ship, hope you are back on your feet soon.

They are disembarking the 2:00 to 2:30 flights. I am so glad that people with flights are getting off first! I hope they get to the airport in time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They're cutting it CLOSE....by the time they get the bags, get to the airport, through the USDA inspection, check in/drop bags, security....ugh....Hopefully people are looking for hotel rooms and to change flights....

With the slower speed I was wondering if the stabilizers are less effective. Do you feel more rolling? I'm a little surprised they're goung to try another sailing. I wouldn't want to be on Adventure this week.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Ten knots is the minimum speed for the stabilizers to be effective.

We were on the ship. It was a cluster *** today. So much misinformation. Every crew member told us a different thing. We called this morning and luckily our travel agent was able to get us flights for tomorrow and a hotel tonight but there are SO many people up the creek right now. Off the boat finally and enjoying PR now.

Overall RCI responded well to some things and badly to others. It won't stop me from going again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just spoke to some Diamond members who were on the Adventure this week. They were in good spirits and so far happy with how Royal was handling things. They were a little surprised we haven't been told anything yet. We are still swimming at our hotel and taking it easy. Planning to head and board around 4 I think. Thank you again Mamakim76 for the updates.

We just got off Adventure on Sunday (3-16). We did notice that the back of the ship was really shaky. We also saw dive teams at the back of the ship at both Antigua and St. Croix. Just thought it was routine maintenance.

We were on a BTB in an aft balcony on 10 the week before you and sometimes the vibration was so violent things were rattling off counters and shelves. Reported to guest services and was told that was normal for the back of the ship?? (How dumb did I look to them? We have always travelled aft and had never felt anything like that) Also saw divers off the back as well at a couple of ports. One night it was like they kept slamming it into reverse with the anchor out. Noticed that every time it started to vibrate too much they would cut back the power unless we were in open water needing to make speed. Guess they were just hoping it would stay together until the end of the season.

Last of the guests are getting off! We are off!! On to the hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Glad to hear you made it off and got a hotel room. I really hope someone from this evenings sailing post something more.......

Just spoke to some Diamond members who were on the Adventure this week. They were in good spirits and so far happy with how Royal was handling things. They were a little surprised we haven't been told anything yet. We are still swimming at our hotel and taking it easy. Planning to head and board around 4 I think. Thank you again Mamakim76 for the updates.

Had you requested a text to your cell phone if there was a problem on boarding day or a phone call to your home number? Just wondering if anyone has received any notification of the delayed boarding.

Spoke with family members and they are receiving no notifications from Royal even though they signed up for it. They waited 30 minutes on hold and finally got a Royal rep. who told them there was no problem with Adventure and it was sailing on time which is not the case. Apparently they have not been updated to the situation. As of now, they are still at the hotel waiting for confirmation that they can board the ship. Similar problems with communication are happening with Navigator right now also. The ship cannot dock due to the oil spill but passengers are not receiving updates. Some are fortunate to have hotel rooms but those who flew in today are sitting at the dock. I think all would feel better if Royal just sent some communication so they can plan accordingly.

Spoke with family members and they are receiving no notifications from Royal even though they signed up for it. They waited 30 minutes on hold and finally got a Royal rep. who told them there was no problem with Adventure and it was sailing on time which is not the case. Apparently they have not been updated to the situation. As of now, they are still at the hotel waiting for confirmation that they can board the ship. Similar problems with communication are happening with Navigator right now also. The ship cannot dock due to the oil spill but passengers are not receiving updates. Some are fortunate to have hotel rooms but those who flew in today are sitting at the dock. I think all would feel better if Royal just sent some communication so they can plan accordingly.

I have to agree with all this technology there has to be a way.... much better then sitting and wait for no information

Someone on the Galveston tx oil issue posted this on another thread

Post copied below

From carnival magic

The Port remains closed due to the oil spill. Embarkation for your cruise will be Monday if the ship is able to dock. More info will be sent via email.

Epic communication failure. At a minimum, a representative should be periodically updating the thousands of people standing in line outside of the terminal.

Totally agree .....they desire that much. They are probally finding out more here then from royal them selfs. Hopefully some of the people waiting to board will post here.