Aos doa

I am on the sailing that is scheduled to leave today and if that is the only restitution offered, I will be furious. I could have sailed of a newer ship but only chose the AOS for the southern ports. On board credit does not even begin to resolve the lack of communication I have been receiving from Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If your cruise is sailing more or less as scheduled, why do you deserve either communication or compensation?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I understand what you're saying and actually agree that this is what's happening. The piece that's not being addressed though is some direction on the boarding process and times. If they know it's delayed, which they must at this time, then provide some communication. I'm traveling with my wife and three children and about 8 bags. It's not very easy for us to just hang out in SJ, and take a walking tour of the city to kill time. I really don't want to be stuck at the pier with hundreds/thousands of people in limbo.

I agree plus if your ports are going to be effected and the time u set sail tonight u would think info would be passes along. Will be a shock to passengers that done follow cc.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

If your cruise is sailing more or less as scheduled, why do you deserve either communication or compensation?

It might be helpful to know that the ship has a delayed arrival and it might be wise to not show up at the pier thinking you will get aboard early as might be their past experience. In fact, I highly doubt that boarding will begin even close to on time nevermind early. It is 9:15 right now and Adventure still has a way to go to get to the pier. Normally the ship would have been disembarking passengers for at least two hours by this time. Some communication might help to avoid a potential CF at the pier later this morning. If nothing else it might help in controlling tempers.

There more then likely be several ports missed due to the reduced speed we dont know for sure when they will dock and have to have tug assistance this all takes time plus they might try to fix in port will have to wait and see and if anyone onboard post tonight.

It might be helpful to know that the ship has a delayed arrival and it might be wise to not show up at the pier thinking you will get aboard early as might be their past experience. In fact, I highly doubt that boarding will begin even close to on time nevermind early. It is 9:15 right now and Adventure still has a way to go to get to the pier. Normally the ship would have been disembarking passengers for at least two hours by this time. Some communication might help to avoid a potential CF at the pier later this morning. If nothing else it might help in controlling tempers.

Well said!

Agreed. Would like to see a communication to stay away from the pier if you'd like to retain your sanity because there will be thousands of angry and confused passengers milling about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would NOT want to be working for Royal in their customer service dept. today....yikes. They really should have posted something on their page or the FB page or something.

Fingers crossed they can get some fix for those who sail today <3

I have a 1 and 3 year old so I understand your frustration cmihm. Our hotel has offered us late check out and then bag storage until we decide we are ready to brave the port. I'm going to keep an eye out here to see if anyone posts about their boarding experience. I'm guessing there will be a crush at 1:30 since that is official boarding time. Hoping to arrive at a more calm time.

I have a 1 and 3 year old so I understand your frustration cmihm. Our hotel has offered us late check out and then bag storage until we decide we are ready to brave the port. I'm going to keep an eye out here to see if anyone posts about their boarding experience. I'm guessing there will be a crush at 1:30 since that is official boarding time. Hoping to arrive at a more calm time.

Just checked marine traffiac and tugs slowly bringing her in. I can post a screenshot if u want

They really should have posted something on their page or the FB page or something.

Billion dollar corporations don't communicate through FB. They may advertise or promote, but it is in no way a proper channel for communications.

Agreed. Would like to see a communication to stay away from the pier if you'd like to retain your sanity because there will be thousands of angry and confused passengers milling about.

When I departed from San Juan, not too many people were checking in early. We got to the pier at 11am and there was no line to check in; we boarded right away - again no line. The biggest surprise were all empty tables in the Windjammer!

Now today, there will be lines, but I think the more inconvenienced will be those that are getting off today.

(as of 1000AST, the ship is passing Castillo el Morro!)

Aloha,

John

They've posted NOTHING on the agent site, consumer site, their FB page, nor either the Public Relations nor regular twitter feeds, and I've asked!

And, no one knows diddly when you call....

Hopefully hotels will give later check outs and/or store luggage...I feel bad, I would not be happy if it was me...

If it WAS me, aside from the obvious...calling them, I'd hang at the hotel til a couple hours after the ship tied up them head over....OR even send one person to the pier to ask..THEY should have an idea...

I would NOT want to be working for Royal in their customer service dept. today....yikes. They really should have posted something on their page or the FB page or something.

Fingers crossed they can get some fix for those who sail today <3

I agree, they should have information on their website, facebook and twitter. A couple of people have posted questions on facebook asking about possible delays but have not received answers. On twitter, the original itinerary change was tweeted by the cruiseline but not additional tweets about this current sailing.

I understand what you're saying and actually agree that this is what's happening. The piece that's not being addressed though is some direction on the boarding process and times. If they know it's delayed, which they must at this time, then provide some communication. I'm traveling with my wife and three children and about 8 bags. It's not very easy for us to just hang out in SJ, and take a walking tour of the city to kill time. I really don't want to be stuck at the pier with hundreds/thousands of people in limbo.

I hear what you are saying.

I sailed aboard the Grandeur last April when she moved/repositioned from Colon, Panama cruises to Baltimore, MD. We took the cruise from SJU to Baltimore. Because the Grandeur had not been in the US market for a long time and MANY crew members were leaving the ship the embarkation did not start until after 1pm and the terminal was packed with people waiting. It is not the most comfortable/large terminal we have ever visited.

The cruise docs said check-in would start around 1 or 2 [i can not remember]. The fact that usually you can arrive earlier than that . . . and that most people did, did not seem to concern them.