Ship full or not

Is there an easy way to tell how full the ship is that you will be sailing?

The ships are virtually always full. They will lower the price enough so they sell all the staterooms they can.

The ships are virtually always full. They will lower the price enough so they sell all the staterooms they can.

Many will argue this point based on crowds seen in the MDR, etc., but I agree completely. Even a room sold at a very low price generates revenue.

I've been on 20 cruises and I can't remember a single time an announcement declared how full the ship was...or wasn't. So, if they do this I must have missed it every time. :rolleyes:

There are places online where you can check cabin availability, and it's rare to have more than a few cabins available at sailing time...and generally what they will have available is a suite or two and a few inside cabins on the bottom floors. Sometimes if they have a suite left unsold they will give it away at bingo.

Plus, on many occasions we have tried to upgrade (for money) at the pier and we have never seen where they have anything available. I finally gave up inquiring many cruises ago. :)

Nearly all the cruises I have taken have had a sign as you entered the terminal building to check in stating that the ship was full and to not make any request for upgrade or change of stateroom. I have also heard announcements giving details of how total passengers on board and how many children. If you go on the website and do a mock booking it will give a rough idea of availability.

I've been on 20 cruises and I can't remember a single time an announcement declared how full the ship was...or wasn't. So, if they do this I must have missed it every time. :rolleyes:

It's often hand-waved at the events, especially the Welcome Aboard reception. So many passengers, taken care of by so many hotel staff, on a ship run by so many crew, etc.

We are sailing on the Oasis this Saturday (3/22) and there still are numerous staterooms in different categories available. I always check before we sail to see if it's sold out.

Kinda shocked it's not sold out being spring break.....