Radiance of the Seas - Vancouver to Hawaii - Sept 25/04

westcoast1330

All I will say is that I have never seen BEAV turn down an invitation for cocktails - ESPECIALLY on a big deck or balcony or verandah . . . or what ever term you want to call it . . . . what do you are yours BEAV? . . . .

it's getting deep . . . . fast . . . quick - grab the Mae Wests and head for the lifeboats!!!!

DestCRZ

Hi Tina,

We booked rather late (just two weeks ago) so we really haven't made any shore plans yet. We're doing good to just get the cruise & air arrangements finally confirmed! But we're going to start researching ideas. How about you and James?

James and I have not decided yet either. So far the only excursion we are for sure wanting to do is the molten lava viewing. Other then that we are pretty relaxed and will probably just explore the local area at each of the ports. Check out the beaches and snorkeling. I did this cruise last year with a friend of mine and we were so busy during the trip i think we spent 30 minutes total at the beach. This time I am looking for a bit more relaxation.

Tina

Welcome Oceandrive . . . glad you have joined us - you guys make at least 4 couples that we know of . . .my partner and I from West Virginia - our friends we travel with from the San Francisco Bay area - (BEAV) and a couple of guys from Vancouver . . . . 46 more days and man am I ready for this cruise!!!

DestCRZ

Welcome Oceandrive and significant other! I see from your previous posts you like a big aft deck. Well, you're in good company! DESTCRZ and I have side-by-side afts booked on this cruise. Of course, who knows where we'll end up if we pay a visit to the Pier Supervisor on embarkation day. DESTCRZ and I aren't known for our sales resistance! But for now we're neighbors....which always comes in handy when you need to borrow a cup of sugar!

Hi Tina:

We still haven't made any definite plans for any of our excursions either. Other times we've planned and paid in advance (in $CDN) having the excursion tickets watiting in the cabin, or we've booked onboard (through the interactive TV) a couple of days before arriving at the islands.

We've never done it personally -- but from what I've read, if you want to book a car rental , do so in advance and the company will have a shuttle on hand for you waiting to take you from the pier / wharf to the location of the car rental (most likely airport) company.

Dave

My partner and I just booked this morning. We are very excited. We did the same cruise 2 years ago on the Vision of the Seas and loved it !

Looking forward to meeting you all !

Welcome and nice to have you aboard !

You are really going to love the Radiance of the Seas --- so much nicer than the already beautiful Vision class of ships.

Dave

Hey guys I am a little slow, tell me again why we have two threads on this cruise?

Tina as far as now I am planing on Carl and Charlene doing their on thing at Hilo so the seats are open, you can tell me for sure after we meet on the Ship.

Have a great day.

Aloha,

I will be on Kauai watching you sail in. I am very excited to see the Radiance because I will be on it just two weeks later for the Atlantis Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Diego!

I will be happy to answer any Kauai questions if anyone has them. (We will be in cabin 7092 - one of the Balconies that stick out - hehe)

Thank you for your warm welcome guys ! We are from Toronto. We will be travelling with my partner's parents and my partner's sister. She is a lot of fun ! My in-laws are celebrating their 45th weding anniversary. We will most likely rent cars here, there and everywhere. We booked the Old Lahaina Luau on the Saturday night. We did the Luau a few years ago and loved it ! We look forward to meeting you all. We are sooo excited ! We didn't get one of the aft balconies this time. Oh well ! For the fortunate one: Enjoy ! They are great cabins.

Aloha !

is it too soon to pull the luggage out???? . . . . I won't do that to the dogs - they know something is up when the luggage comes out!!!!

I need this trip - soon - now . . . . .I need a break!!!!

DestCRZ

[quote name='oceandrive'] My pussy goes crazy when the luggages are out ![/QUOTE]

Yes, this one's awfully tempting, but I'm gonna sit back and wait for dam1050's reply. At least he's a fellow Canuk to OceanDrive!

I'll take road of diplomacy and do whatever necessary to keep US/Canadian relations on the up and up!

[quote name='dam1050']How do you think your CAT feels ?

Dave[/QUOTE]

Atta boy, Dave......

Lay it out there for ya on a silver platter, and you seize the opportunity!

Watch out, Radiance.........here we come.......

We don't have any pets at the moment, so we can currently travel guilt free !

I do remember however when we had cats, they sure did NOT like suitcases ...

One would constantly hide under the bed or try to sneak inside the luggage while we'd pack; another, though perfectly well trained to the litter box when we were here --- would always ensure a "present" was left on the carpet for us on the exact day we came back! In case we didn't know what he thought of being left with someone else in charge of him. (or do you think that was our friend's doing who looked after things?...)

Does anyone have their tix yet ? Shouldn't be long now ...

Dave

We look forward to meeting you all at the CC Meet n Greet party. I have already had the suitcases out a couple of times to toss some stuff in and the dog climbs right in a lays down on the cloths. Really knows how to make you feel guilty.

We love to snorkel so we will be renting cars and heading for the different beaches. In Hilo we will definately check out Volcano National Park.

Welcome aboard everyone

Vicky & Ron

Archived