Radiance of the Seas - Vancouver to Hawaii - Sept 25/04

westcoast1330

[quote name='oceandrive']I will be on my knees (For praying...) [/QUOTE]

All right - Assume the position !

Glad to hear you're on holidays now Oceandrive, and enjoy your time in Vancouver on Thurs and Friday. We're supposed to have sunny weather here then as well and a bit warmer.....up around 18 / 20 C (upper 60's F.)

As you can see, we are getting a little tired and haggard in Vancouver and are more than ready for a vacation ....

[img]http://my.execpc.com/~reva/betteandjoan.jpg[/img]

See you soon ...

[quote name='dam1050']

Glad to hear you're on holidays now Oceandrive, and enjoy your time in Vancouver on Thurs and Friday. [/QUOTE]

Oh that's right, I forgot you Canadian's refer to vacation as being "on holiday". How very Hyacinth of you all! Oceandrive, pardon my reference to your being on "vacation" in my earlier post!!!

DESTCRZ, we must brush up on the "Queens English" between now and Saturday, otherwise there is going to be a great communication breakdown in this cozy, little group!

[quote name='dam1050']As you can see, we are getting a little tired and haggard in Vancouver and are more than ready for a vacation ....

[img]http://my.execpc.com/~reva/betteandjoan.jpg[/img]

See you soon ...[/QUOTE]

Dam1050, is that picture of you (lovely, by the way) BEFORE or AFTER your first morning cup of coffee ???????

[quote name='BEAV']DESTCRZ, we must brush up on the "Queens English" between now and Saturday, otherwise there is going to be a great communication breakdown in this cozy, little group![/QUOTE]

Beav: Don't fret - after this coming cruise you'll no doubt be able to teach a course in the "Queen's English"

"QESL" does have a ring to it, n'ést-ce pas?

Aloha all,
You be sure to have a great time on the Radiance. Let the crew know that they have a FULL SHIP of mostly gay boys coming on Oct 16! I will be here watching you sail in. I am also hoping some of you post some great pictures or at least send me some and I will put them on my site to get the Atlantis cruisers excited.

Let me know if there are any really great waiters to ask for. We will not have assigned dinner seating (or TIMES) for our 8 days so we can ask for who we want if they have a table.

I also want to know which ship show NOT TO MISS. And even MORE Important is which shows to MISS.

I can be easily contacted through [email]atlantisbruce@aol.com[/email]

You all be sure to get them ready for us!

Aloha,
Bruce

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=blue]From what I understand WestCost - you make the breakfast - lunch - dinner - do the laundry - pack the bags - are you available to move to West Virginia . . . we've been looking for a house boy!!![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff]DestCrz aka Mike[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff]PS - it's quittin time in WV - 2 more days to work and then I'm on "holiday" . . . (gotta practice my QESL . . . BEAV said so!!!!)[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='DESTCRZ'][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=blue]From what I understand WestCost - you make the breakfast - lunch - dinner - do the laundry - pack the bags - are you available to move to West Virginia . . . we've been looking for a house boy!!![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff]DestCrz aka Mike[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff]PS - it's quittin time in WV - 2 more days to work and then I'm on "holiday" . . . (gotta practice my QESL . . . BEAV said so!!!!)[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

I don't do laundry!

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]I figure most of you have already left for the ship - I will be following suit momentarily - leaving work and heading for the airport . . . . .everyone have a safe trip and see you on board the Radiance!!!![/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]DestCrz - aka Mike[/size][/font]

[quote name='DESTCRZ'][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]I figure most of you have already left for the ship - I will be following suit momentarily - leaving work and heading for the airport . . . . .everyone have a safe trip and see you on board the Radiance!!!![/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]DestCrz - aka Mike[/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Looking forward to seeing you Mike !!!

Have a good flight.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=purple]Just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading this thread on cruise critic. It has really added to the anticipation of the cruise experience. Beav, DestCrz and OceanDrive I'm not sure if the ship is ready for us:eek: , but we will find out. I just have a bit of ironing yet to do, pack up and on our way to the pier tomorrow.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Aloha[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Mahalo[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there, Ted!

We're the only ones already back. Cruise ended on Wednesday and Gary had to be back to work Thursday. Ouch! Any and all sympathy appreciated!

Meanwhile, everyone else is still out playing. The Canada Boys (WestCoast1330, Dam1050 and Oceandrive) are ALL still modeling grass skirts in Waikiki, those lucky devils! DESTCRZ flew to San Francisco for a few days of fun, not to mention to greet all the sailors in town for Fleet Week! Coincidence? I don't think so......

The cruise itself was lots of fun. We especially liked the itinerary, with five glorious, relaxing sea days at the beginning. The best part about the cruise however, was sailing with new (and old!) friends. DESTCRZ hosted a grass skirt and hula party that was "titalating" to say the least!!! Bob's powerful "punch" helped matters along as well.

All in all, a great time.

Hello to Ralph!

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=purple]We arrived back to Vancouver last night at about 11:30 after 3 days in Honolulu where we did absolutely nothing. Unfortunately we did not run into the other Canadian boys. They were probably still modeling their grass skirts at Hulas or on Queen's Surf. We, on the other hand, lightened our luggage load by leaving behind several pairs of shorts and slacks that no longer fit us, thanks to Portofino's, Windjammer Cafe and other eating venues.[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#800080]Thanks to Brian, Gary, Mike and Bob for a great cruise. Their hospitality was outstanding. Soiree's included a sailaway party in Brian's and Gary's aft cabin, and a farewell cocktails on the last day of the trip. And, of course, the Candlelight Indoor/Outdoor Luau with Cocktails and Puupuus in Mike & Bob's suite on the last sea day before Hilo. They had grass skirts for everyone, decorations, snacks and music. Westcoast 1330, Dam1050, Beav, Destcrz, Oceandrive, and their respective partners were there as well as Destcrz's sister-in-law; Guest appearance by Carmen Verandah and Vestal. Unfortunately the captain was unable to attend due to previous engagements.[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#800080]The six of us dined in Portofino's on 3 occasions and must say that it is more than well worth the extra gratuity. Alan, the manager was entertaining as ever and ensured we had good seating and great service.[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#800080]Now the vacation is over. We are unpacking and sorting laundry etc. Sure wish we could have brought Lili, our cabin attendant, back with us. Thanks for a great trip guys.[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#800080]Aloha[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#800080]Mahalo[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#800080][img]http://www.wjoc1490.com/44731328.jpg[/img][/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#800080]Paul & Dave[/color][/font]

[quote name='westcoast1330']

[url]http://www.wjoc1490.com/44731328.jpg[/url]

[/QUOTE]

Paul,

Blessings on you, my son, for the FABULOUS picture of Vestal, aka DESTCRZ, aka Mike !!! Vestal, did you find that city yet ??? Wave that hanky a little harder, girlfriend.......

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=blue]Hi guys - back at work today - the "HOLIDAY" is over!!!! . . .but what a GREAT time was had by all - at least, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff]If anyone is reading this thread that was NOT on the Radiance for the trip from Vancouver to Honolulu - YOU MISSED IT! In the future, if you get the opportunity to travel with BEAV, DAM1050, WestCoast1330, or OceanDrive - TAKE IT - regardless of where the ship is going or what ship it's on - you'll have a GREAT time!!!!! [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff]That Atlantis cruise next week doesn't have a thing on us!!! I'll take a "regular" cruise with a nice group of guys any day over a ship FULL of gay guys!!!!![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff]I wonder where OceanDrive is????? - think he stayed in Honolulu???? He does have 2 more weeks off and we know he can fly "cheap"!!!!! Maybe he and Mark put those grass skirts to work in HNL and are now working at the airport as lei greeters!!!! . . . .kinda like Wal-Mart - I've heard, never been there myself!!!![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff]OK boys - on to the next cruise!!!![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#0000ff]Mike[/color][/size][/font]

Hi,
We are meeting a lot of people at the Sky Bar the first night of the the Atlantis cruise next week but none of the Radiance info online lists it. Is it still there or did it get remodeled out of existance. I found a picture of it at the following Link:

[url]http://www.fratkin.com/cruises/rots/show.php?image=DSCN4356.JPG[/url]

Thanks,

Archived