Nachi Cocom FULL-- What else to do?

OceanLover404

Hello again,

We're booked on the Liberty of the Seas next week (I know, so last minute) and we just decided what excursions we want to do. We decided on Lamanai for Belize, and because that's a long day, we're booking through the ship. With a long day in Belize, we wanted to relax at Nachi Cocom the next day, but they're sold out for the day. We'd still like to relax, but we're also interested in snorkeling if there are any good spots in Cozumel.

We're open to ANY suggestions!

Thanks!

No place with a nice sandy beach will offer great snorkeling - no coral, no reefs, no place for the little fish to hide.

Great shore snorkeling at the Money Bar, but no real beach - just a sandy area for sunning and relaxing.

Mr. Sanchos is another AI option just down the road from Nachi -- more crowded and a little more noisy, but also a few $$ cheaper.

I'm in the same boat (so to speak ;)) as the OP. The day we'll be there there are 6 ships in port. (Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Carnival Legend, Carnival Paradise, Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Silhouette) Plan A had been Paradise Beach, but now I'm worried it might be too packed with that many ships.

I looked into Nachi Cocom, but that's fully booked. Though, since we're not big drinkers, I don't necessarily need it to be an all inclusive. But an AI wouldn't bother me either.

So would you guess that Mr. Sanchos would be less crowded than Paradise Beach? Or are the Paradise Beach crowds not really a problem? Or is there some other similar place I should be considering?

Edited by Earthworm Jim

Plan A had been Paradise Beach, but now I'm worried it might be too packed with that many ships.

I looked into Nachi Cocom, but that's fully booked. Though, since we're not big drinkers, I don't necessarily need it to be an all inclusive. But an AI wouldn't bother me either.

So would you guess that Mr. Sanchos would be less crowded than Paradise Beach? Or are the Paradise Beach crowds not really a problem? Or is there some other similar place I should be considering?

Playa Palancar should be less crowded than Paradise beach or Mr. Sanchos...

Generally the 90% of cruisers who don't reseach on sites like CC, etc.. take :

1)The cheapest or free option - Paradise Beach, Money Bar and MR. Sanchos non-AI

2)The closest option - Money Bar, Chankanaab

Palancar is free as long as you buy food/drinks, but it is past the other beach clubs and costs $2-3 more for the cab ride.

So it cuts down on the numbers.

I don't think I have EVER read a review about Palancar being crowded.

Hope you enjoy wherever you wind up. (they honestly all sound great, just some are more perfect than others for people)