is the beach area in Chankanaab Park good for a 3-year-old?

Peppa26

We are going to be on Triumph for a 5-day cruise next month. It will be our first cruise and also the first time to Cozumel.

I wonder if the beach area in Chankanaab Park is a good place for a 3-year-old... Although we don't plan to snorkel or swim, we would love to spend some time on beach playing sand and water with our little guy.

On tripadvisor some reviews mentioned the beach is good for little kids, however, there is also a complaint saying "It's actually just sand on a walled area above the rocks that line the shore. So there was no wading into water, or sand castle building, from 'the beach'"... :confused::confused::confused:

Please help me with this question. Thanks in advance!:p

We are going to be on Triumph for a 5-day cruise next month. It will be our first cruise and also the first time to Cozumel.

I wonder if the beach area in Chankanaab Park is a good place for a 3-year-old... Although we don't plan to snorkel or swim, we would love to spend some time on beach playing sand and water with our little guy.

On tripadvisor some reviews mentioned the beach is good for little kids, however, there is also a complaint saying "It's actually just sand on a walled area above the rocks that line the shore. So there was no wading into water, or sand castle building, from 'the beach'"... :confused::confused::confused:

Please help me with this question. Thanks in advance!:p

There is an area that is a cove-like area that families use. It's not deep and leads right from the beach sand into the water. The times we were there it was very calm in that area. :)

IMG_5654-L.jpg

There is an area that is a cove-like area that families use. It's not deep and leads right from the beach sand into the water. The times we were there it was very calm in that area. :)

IMG_5654-L.jpg

Thank you so much, mitsugirly! I like your pictures and posts about Chankanaab too. Can't wait for our trip coming up! :D

Though I have been to the park, I haven't been to that spot. I always go to the snorkeling area. There are several things to do and see in the park.

yes we are also considering dolphin swimming, etc. it sounds really fun!

• 1 month later...

We were at Chankanaab last week off the Navigator of the Seas. We took a taxi from the port, which cost $16/5 people. I had called ahead to arrange for a sand wheelchair for an elderly member of our party. She can walk fine, but not for a whole day. The wheelchair was free; we just had to leave her ship i.d. as collateral. It worked out great. Everybody we encountered was helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend Chankanaab if it meets your needs.

This was our first time to Chankanaab, and only our second time to Cozumel. We went to Mr. Sancho's last time, but felt there would be more to do at Chankanaab for all the different members of our group. Some went swimming with the dolphins, some went snorkeling, some enjoyed a drink or two on the beach. We all enjoyed walking around the park, which is very clean and well kept. The only problem we encountered was that the surf was a little rough and their coast is rocky. So, the rocks were slippery and an uneven surface, thus difficult for our aunt, especially with the waves pushing her around a bit.

Taxis are waiting for your return to the ship as you exit the park.