Carnival Going to Bermuda - Oct 2015

backnine05

I do. April was bad enough, but now there's a sailing in hurricane season. Fall in Bermuda doesn't appeal to me.

I prefer Bermuda in July and early August, which forces me to cruise NCL and RCCL.

Win-Win.

I do. April was bad enough, but now there's a sailing in hurricane season. Fall in Bermuda doesn't appeal to me.

I prefer Bermuda in July and early August, which forces me to cruise NCL and RCCL.

So be it them. Good grief. So far only one date is out there will more than likely be more dates released later.

I did the 1-off Glory to Bermuda from Norfolk in October 2011.

It was expensive (especially since I went as a solo, but I grabbed a 1A porthole cabin so it was as cheap as I could get); it was only 6 nights so we were only in Bermuda for 1-1/2 day. Since we were sailing at noon on the 2nd day, there wasn't time to really do any exploring.

I enjoyed it, but there wasn't nearly enough time in Bermuda.

I may have to check into this. With more time in port, I'd be interested (if the price is right).

Right. $1298 for a solo in a 1A cabin? Uh, no thanks! And these 1-time sailings tend to NOT have price drops. If you want to sail to Bermuda on Carnival, this is the only option. Our Splendor repo in November has gone from $499 per person inside to almost double.

I'll think about booking while onboard Pride in May if I can convince someone to join me.

Just looked at the calendar. At least it's in port Mon-Wed. When Carnival sailed Fantasy there for a few sailings, I chose Glory over Fantasy because Fantasy was in port on Sunday, when so many things are closed.

what about Carnival does appeal to you, I have never seen anything positive from you.

I got so excited thinking "ohhh, maybe they'll put together another great repositioning cruise that I could tack onto the end of the Bermuda run and turn it into a really, really wonderful B2B!!!!!"

But, no. Stupid Carnival is again going to move the ship empty from Norfolk to Miami (1st sailing from Miami is 11/1).

Will they never learn? While my Conquest repo in November wasn't sold out, the Splendor repo next November is nearly sold out already, this far out.

Why? Maybe because we're calling at ports that Carnival NEVER goes to, so if people want to continue to sail Carnival and see these ports, this is the only chance. So WHY would they NOT do this again and give people the opportunity to sail Carnival to Bermuda (very rare opportunity) and do a 9-night repo from Norfolk to Miami that calls at those exotic southern ports?

I just don't understand their logic. People LIKE repositioning cruises yet when Carnival has the opportunity, they don't take advantage. :mad:

BTW, the weather on Glory to Bermuda was fantastic. Mid-October. Beautiful, sunny skies the entire time. A little rough one day coming back (I highly recommend ginger root capsules) but warm and sunny. Very, very windy in Bermuda, but, again, warm and sunny.

Cold it be bad weather? Well, sure. It could also be bad weather anywhere, especially in the Caribbean (as I encountered a year later while on a B2B out of Charleston and we ran into Hurricane Sandy).

So WHY would they NOT do this again and give people the opportunity to sail Carnival to Bermuda (very rare opportunity) and do a 9-night repo from Norfolk to Miami that calls at those exotic southern ports?

I'm wondering if a worthwhile repo from Norfolk to Miami in 9 days that includes Aruba, Bonaire or Curaçao to fulfill the PVSA distant port requirement is even feasible. Or they can do two open ended cruises finishing or beginning in San Juan. Otherwise they can't legally do it.

But Carnival has never been a big fan of long, leisure itineraries in the Caribbean with lower PPPD fares, reason why they may be more interested in getting the ship quickly to Miami. Carnival's budget minded business model works best with new passengers boarding the ship more frequently, increasing onboard spending, instead of keeping the same passengers onboard for an extended cruise, thus diluting onboard spending.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

• 1 month later...

I'm excited! I've been keeping my eye on this one and since my mom will be coming along, I decided to book a spa balcony. All of the aft balconies are already sold out. This will be my first time visiting Bermuda, first time on the Splendor, and first time in a spa cabin. :D

I'm excited! I've been keeping my eye on this one and since my mom will be coming along, I decided to book a spa balcony. All of the aft balconies are already sold out. This will be my first time visiting Bermuda, first time on the Splendor, and first time in a spa cabin. :D

Good for you:)

I think the timing of it is likely not the fault of Carnival. I think that's when an opening started in Bermuda. From past readings, Carnival was not able to claim a scheduled spot due to other cruise lines already having claims there.

The only months that I can cruise or vacation (at this time ) are September, October or November.

I love Bermuda, even when it is cooler. I have done two land based vacations there in years gone by, and always wanted to go back there on a cruise.

So this is just a new option for me in 2015.

Actually one trip there was in July and it was rainy, windy and cool. The other trip was in October and the weather was beautiful, even nice enough to walk on the beach, (with a sweater ) but was sunny every day. May have been a fluke, but I would still love to get back to Bermuda on a cruise.:)

The only months that I can cruise or vacation (at this time ) are September, October or November.

I love Bermuda, even when it is cooler. I have done two land based vacations there in years gone by, and always wanted to go back there on a cruise.

So this is just a new option for me in 2015.

Actually one trip there was in July and it was rainy, windy and cool. The other trip was in October and the weather was beautiful, even nice enough to walk on the beach, (with a sweater ) but was sunny every day. May have been a fluke, but I would still love to get back to Bermuda on a cruise.:)

We've done one cruise to Bermuda in April...weather was nice but cool...at least this one is toward the end of Hurricane season...if you live where we do...you always have hurricane weather in the back of your mind...especially at the coast at this time of the year...but October is also a beautiful month here in NC...can't wait to head to Bermuda next year:)