Cancellation Policy??

If I am reading the RCI brochure correctly, it looks like a 6 night or longer (non holiday) cruise can be cancelled for a 100% refund if it is cancelled at least 75 days before sail date.

-Is this still the most current policy in effect, or have any changes been made since the brochure was printed?

-Does this refund include deposit money?

-Am I correct that you do not have to have any separate travel insurance to get this refund?

Thank you in advance for any help.

When you book you will receive a final payment date. Until that day (typically 75 days out) you can cancel for any reason and receive all of the money you have invested in the cruise. You do not need any rhyme or reason to cancel, as long as you are outside that window you will get all of your money back. Once inside that window you start to progressively lose money if you cancel as the said date gets closer.

When you book you will receive a final payment date. Until that day (typically 75 days out) you can cancel for any reason and receive all of the money you have invested in the cruise. You do not need any rhyme or reason to cancel, as long as you are outside that window you will get all of your money back. Once inside that window you start to progressively lose money if you cancel as the said date gets closer.

Just to add.. The above is for North American residents only. Other countries have greatly different policies.

60 days on 5 night cruises or less

90 days on Holiday cruises

Hi just to add we always book thru RCI direct either the UK or Ire Office

And once recently we had to change Cruise Ship and I had to fight tooth

& Nail NOT to incur Cancellation Charges , as we were , They Say Cancelling and

Making a New Booking there fore Cancellation Policy Applies and it was well in Date as we had only Paid Deposit 4 wks previously

So USA Policies & EUROPEAN Policies are very differed Including Benefits like

OBC,, DINNING & SPA Vouchers we never receive them .

Only recently are we getting OBC as Part of their Booking New Cruise Promotion

Thank you for responses.

DW is a teacher & can not request now for time off next school year, which is when we want to cruise.

Now I know I can book a cruise with a cabin we want, & if she is not granted the week off, we can get the full refund as long as 75 days out from sailing.

Thank you for responses.

DW is a teacher & can not request now for time off next school year, which is when we want to cruise.

Now I know I can book a cruise with a cabin we want, & if she is not granted the week off, we can get the full refund as long as 75 days out from sailing.

Just FYI , there are some travel agents who tack on their own cancellation fee, for canceling at any time. Typically $75 per person. There are some good reasons to use a TA, so I'm not knocking booking through one, as I always use my favorite TA. Just be absolutely certain to ask if they charge ANY fees other than the cruise line's own. There are plenty of TA that do not charge those kind of fees, so look for one of them.

Edited by Gayle V